[Table Talk] Return of Table Talk

Once Fabrica is done he'll haed back to his lab, assuming that Mathius will see hm after his visit.

For this season's work...what the?! Where's the library?!

Can't seem to find the list of our texts.

It's gotta be in the "Build Your Covenant!" thread, someplace...

Arts Summae
(~550, 19 books)
1x L20 Q11
3x L17 Q14
2x L15 Q10
3x L13 Q18
3x L11 Q20
3x L10 Q15
2x L8 Q17
2x L5 Q10

This is what was suggested. Given the specialties of the senior magi, Creo, Muto, Rego, Corpus, Animal, Vim, Terram, Herbam, Mentem, and Ignem should be the high scores.

For sure, we have...
1x Intellego Summa (L5, Q11), Mathius ex Verditius.

There are also an unknown number of summa, tractati and lab texts just lying around. Rhiannon did some sorting, and we have 2 of the Bonisagus collections in the library (5 MT Tractati each, I'll figure out quality in a bit).

Steve

I'd like to study Aquam if possible, we know what book we have on it?

I could just simply decide, but part of this whole process has been letting you build things...

Rhiannon has the Creo Book for this season. If I decide what books have what scores, a very loud cry of "FOUL!" will arise if the Creo book is the L20, Q11 book... :slight_smile:

Plus, don't forget ... we have a lot of "unknown resources" lying around the covenant - namely texts and casting tablets, but some items - that need to be found. I believe it came out to 120-150 points a player, and only one person got back to me on it...

Steve

OK, here's what I found in the Build a Covenant section:

Library

Arts Summae
(520 pts, 20 books, T/F listed in no particular order)

Techniques:
o L20 Q11, L8 Q20
o L17 Q11
o L14 Q15, L 5 Q20
o L12 Q19
o L10 Q13
(195 pts)
Forms:
o L18 Q12
o L16 Q10, L 8 Q17
o L15 Q 8, L10 Q16
o L14 Q11
o L12 Q18
o L12 Q 8, L10 Q15
o L11 Q18
o L10 Q11
o L 8 Q22
o L 5 Q10 (stopgap replacement for lost/missing text?!)
(325 pts)

Tractati (Arts and/or Abilities, mixed)
(100, 15 texts)
o Q11
o Q9
o Q9
o Q8
o Q8
o Q7
o Q7
o Q7
o Q6
o Q6
o Q6
o Q5
o Q5
o Q4
o Q2 (Probably a Supernatural Ability, possibly a corrupted copy and/or incomprehensible author to explain low quality)

Based on your list (which I like better) maybe we could say there was an Aquam book of L10, Q 15? Might I propose:

Guests in the Palace of Triton a book on Aquam written by a Merinita, who was captured and dwelled in an Undersea Faerie Grotto. Bound in rough selkie skin, and written in squid ink from a giant squid, this details the capture of the wizard and his companions and a cautionary tale on the tempestuous nature of the water nymphs.

If No one else disagrees, I've got no problems with it...

Steve

Seconded and carried. Woohoo! The system works!

I'll take the column of 'Obscure Aquam Texts' for $1000 Alex.

The answer is...One of the deadliest spells in previous Ars editions.

What is Lungs of Water and Death?

And you take the lead!

I hate internet service outages. Sorry to have been away for so long, but we've had no internet for the last 48 hours...

Steve

You're no longer limited by how many levels you can go up in Arts in a Season right?

Correct. You could get 4 levels, or more. Think of it as a Eureka! moment, when everything clicks... :slight_smile:

Steve

Well, for better or worse, I'm back, which is to say Daggin Plantard is about to wake up from his long, off-camera twilight.

Apologies for my disappearance- what turned out to be short term technical problems snowballed into a complete and necessary absence from the Internet, just to avoid all these wonderful temptations and preferable distractions while I took care of that larger bugbear, RL.

Looks like the covenant has been busy, with Dusk and her friends the spiders - never did get an IC explanation of what exactly a Nephalim was, tho'. :wink:

I was working on the Library before I dropped out, and will try to summarize what we had up to that point - without too much work, we should(?) be able to allocate Arts and other titles to the scores in question, and put "paid" to that.

On other fronts, certain info will best be handled IC, spells and suggestions that his arrogance may have to offer. (In case you forgot, DP is a bit of a jackass in that respect. Don't hesitate to respond accordingly.)

Seeya IC!

Life is beating me hard at the moment (clueless supervisor at work, demanding overtime be put in, but there's nothing to work on...), but I should have something up tonight...

Steve

It's nice to have you and Daggin back, CH.

Thanks, BD! Now that I've broken the ice and made my first IC post (2 actually, one OOC Narrative to set up Daggin's) it feels really good to be back - I knew it would. Forward!

In case several of you haven't noticed, we have a library discussion going on again in the Build Your Covenant! thread, and all player's input is necessary.

Steve
(I'm not a player, just a SG)

I'm off to the Ars con in Cheltenham this weekend. Anyone else from the Loch going?

:cry: I wish I could go! I was just in England a few weeks ago. Have fun!

Only in spirit- have a pint (or more!) for me!

I'll be sure to have a Guinness in honour of our setting.

Iirc, "Bishop Ale" was a good one- but the best were "locals", that hadn't been banged around traveling all over the country. "Old Rebellion" was one I remember finding down Cornwall way. (Others I don't remember so clearly, ahem.)

Ymmmm...