[Table Talk] Return of Table Talk

Mab looks in, excitedly. "Oooh! I know this spell that makes things grow! It worked really nicely on a former resident's lab..."

"Need I remind you what happened after that?" comments Dierdre from her chair.

"Oh, that's right. I cast that spell, that makes trees walk, to do some gardening, and his lab got up and walked away... Oh, poop. I thought it was a good idea, too..." Mab goes off to sulk for about 30 seconds before she's off doing something else...

"Took us most of the day to turn the thing around and get it back to the ring before the spell wore off..." says Dierdre, smiling. "It didn't do too much damage, but Ramon wasn't happy about losing a season's work..."

Steve

For suggestions, how about a gift? Do we need a bribe for anyone, possibly a weapon? What about something for a custo?

Some suggestions I have are for another season of work for the Covenant.

1. There's already fireless cookware, to go with that we can have an item that would allow men to see in the dark, an item that puts on 'eyes of the cat or owl'. We make one more item after that (that provides warmth), and we wouldn't even need to have a fire out in the wilderness.

2. A healing ring. Something that could be passed among the magi as needed, it provides a huge healing bonus. WIth a little more time an extra effect could be put on so it also negates pain and can allow you to do labwork.

3. Instead of the healing ring, a healing door, one that effects everyone inside the room, providing a healing bonus to them. With only a little extra work (but not any extra vis) it could affect the whole building, though I doubt we have a building to spare. The ability to turn it off and on is vital so the room can be used when no one is hurt and not Warp everyone.

4. Weapons, weapons, weapons. That's his specialty. The swords I made do such things as a free automatic parry, as well as scoring an automatic wound, all as lesser enchanted items. I might be able to make one that kills. If we're worried about beasties I could make one that is a powerful Pe An, with a target geared for things of much greater size.

Otherwise, I'll go ahead and make an item for my future lab (a furnace without fuel).

A healing ring is a good idea and a door is totally cool. We have loads of weapons but nothing like that. I also like the idea of something that protects against faerie magic. There's a few things I'd like to work on. I'd share them with you all but it feels out of character. Azaelle is such a space cadet.

Mathius Summer project

Mathius travelling dagger
Small, sharp dagger of good quality. Enchanted with a single effect to allow the wielder to understand what the locals say.

Thoughts within the Babble
Intellego Mentem (30)
Base 5, R: T (+1); D: C (+1); T: Hearing (+3)
Uses per day 6 (+3 lev)
Penetration 10 (+5 lev)

Total of 38 levels.
70 year lifespan (*2 excess modifier)

My lab-total is 57, which makes it work out exactly.
As it deals with talking with things, Mathius focus applies.

I chose the 10 Pen, so that it can be used in towns with a +3 aura.

Numbers look good here.

STeve

At Vezzini Fabrica will try to very subtly examine any itmes for magic. He's also keeping an eye and ear out for talk of any child that could potentially have the Gift. It's a long shot but you never know.

The weird thing is, everything and everyone seems magical. Hmm, must be the local stout ale (you botched the perception roll, sorry...) or something...

I'll have the results of browsing the wares of the House of Vezzini tomorrow...

Steve

What do you mean by "everything and everyone"? What seem to be the source or the center of the magic?

See the highlighted text.

Kryslin, didja get that thing I sent ya'?

Via PM or E-Mail?

I got the PM. When I'm not falling asleep at the terminal, I'll do some thinking about it.

Steve

That would be the thing. Take your time.

Sorry everyone, my internet is down again :frowning:

I hate Orange UK. They're cheap, but with good reason. Takes them at least 5 working days to sort out a problem. Not sure when I will be abck up (if ever), but I'm looking around for a new provider.

I have very few problems with Tiscali. It's been down once or twice in the couple of years I've been with them but only once for any length of time (a long weekend, I seem to remember).

So, apparently Antonio has no problem using magic items to scry upon other magi!

Hmmmmm :confused:

Antonio's not a magus. :smiling_imp:

It could be relatively simple to do, or insanely difficult. At the moment, however, how difficult it is to do is unimportant. However, it does gaurantee that the person he is talking to is a member of the Order, the Parma being the one thing every hermetic wizard has. It's a very useful thing in his business

Plus, Fab sent them a message the previous day. :slight_smile:

Steve

Oh the difficulty isn't what I'm getting at, it should be simple. It's just that it breaks the code all to hell.

I'm just kidding anyway. Fabrica might be paranoid, bt he'd easily let something like this below the radar considering that he wants to meet this guy in the first place.

"I aintent Dead"

I have changed ISP but it will be a week or two before I have access at home.

OK,
Mathius spent a lot of time in his lab crafting the items. He wonders down to the faire about midday.

Mathius will arrive at the Verditius tent, just as Fabrica leaves it.

I will be out of town for a little more than a week. Just thought you wanted to know.