Table Talk

I don't want to be rushing things, but I would like to get everyone in the same thread before I go on Vacation on the 23 May. Yes, Storyguides need a holiday, and I'll be out through 30 May. I'll only have Net access 4 of those days, so I'll check in, but I'd like to get everyone in one spot and one thread again before I go. Social situations work best for these fits and starts, and give you a place to work out the kinks (not -those- kinds of kinks) in your characters.

Steve

I was kinda done with mine anyways so she can show up anywhere you'd like.

Have I been in Torsten's lab yet? If not, I'll try to head there at the next chance.

Briefly, the night previous, before Council.

Couldn't see much in the dark...

Steve

Torstens lab had the armour
Kalias lab had the lookout perch
Glendowers lab was the bunker everyone was just in
Sylphies lab is the hospital

What level is the aura at Loch Calite again? Was it 3? I forget.

Yes, 3.

-K!

This in on the wire service...

BellaDonna says:

Greg (CH) told me his computer is broken (it suffered ultimate tragedy of hubris Razz) and his week went all to hell so he couldn't fix it but he'll be back asap.

Steve

Seems as though we all may be asking this question alot during this game, but...

Where's Corvus?

Aha... He's watching you!

No, he's a little... busy right now. There have been a couple of little story beats by private email (which I'm sure we'll publish on the board for everyone else to enjoy too) so he's still ticking over.

He's just not at lunch and believe me you wouldn't want him there right now.

But if I'm allowed to run with Conner for a bit I'll write a little update to give you another dose of "Corvus action".

Oh, I am soooo curious!

Hey, I need a shield grog and from what I understand, I can't play my own, someone else has to do it, right?
Does anyone feel like cooking up a grog for Azaelle? I would be happy to make one up if anyone else still needs it. Maybe we can trade this favor.

Yeah, that was a subtlety that I missed, hence the Corvus/Conner saga. Personally, I'll try to persuade anyone that'll listen that given this format, posting bits of story in turn, playing your own shield grog makes a lot of sense. Playing "your" companion on the other hand doesn't as those characters could be abused (not sure how yet but I'm sure they could).

Meanwhile, I'm looking at it from a participation point of view - I hate people sitting around doing nothing; I want the chance for everyone to participate as much as possible; The more players I can involve in the fewest amount of concurrent stories means less headaches for me! :slight_smile:

I can run three different stories concurrently if I have to, but don't expect me to be a coherent conversationalist outside of the story threads... :slight_smile:

Steve

Might I suggest that this can be optional? I like the idea of someone else playing my grog or even one of my companions (if you can keep a secret!!!) but it might not work for Mark. He is clearly up to something. :open_mouth:

Folks, I'm offline for this weekend. You all have a great time and I'll reconnect on Tuesday.

Have fun!!

-K!

Ha ha. Up to something? Almost. I just like characters to have a journey, a direction, and a voice consistent with that. And I think grogs can help say a lot about the magus they serve.

I totally understand where Steve's coming from in that a) he wants as many people to be involved in any one thread as possible and b) I can see that there are opportunities for gamesmanship. It's a fine line.

Steve here, from Canada.

Here I was hoping you guys would actually do something while I was away... :slight_smile:

The Con I'm attending (Anime North 2007; For those not knowing, Anime is Japanese Animation) is going well. Haven't managed to bankrupt my accounts yet, and probably won't, so I should be able to order Societaes when I get back. Be advised, I steal ideas and concepts left and right, so don't be surprised if some things seem awfully familiar... This will include things from movies, TV, books, and the internet, even from vague half-comments made by people, like...

"A Flambeau would run screaming away from a Mazdean worshipper of Fire." So, what if a Flambeau -was- a Mazdean worshipper of Fire? Take that, and a couple of other ideas stolen from other sources, and you have... Diedre, who commands the arts of her house like no one else before have (even Flambeau himself), and likely those after her will.

Anyway, there is a third reason why I want the shield grogs played by someone else, but I think we're all mature enough not to have to worry about it. Mark, however, has hit the nail squarely on the head. I want player involvment maximized.

Hi Steve, nice to hear from ya!
A week at an anime convention and you still have cash left? You're doing better than I would!

Does anyone want to play a shield grog for me?
Does anyone else need one?
Anyone?

:wink:

Okay, whats a Mazdean worshipper of fire? (I hate not knowing stuff.)

BellaDonna: Well, I'm very picky about my anime and manga. I learned a long time ago that you can't like everything (and I've been an anime fan longer than most current fans have been alive!), or you go broke. And yes, I use Anime as material in Ars.

Re: Mazdean Worshipper of Fire : Well, either he's a pyromaniac who happens to like a certain japanese car company, or Someone who worships Ahura Mazda, or a Zoroastrian Parsi, a member of one of the oldest monotheistic religions. The comment came from a pre-4th Edition mysteries discussion. I think it got watered down into the Mithraic mysteries, mainly because there is more on the roman cults than a persian religion which predates it by some 2000 years, which was mostly stamped out by the Greeks.

I've found copies of the Avesta, but scant little I could apply to the game itself, so...

I'm making it up as I go :slight_smile:. However, Since Ahura Mazda, the Great God of Good, represent Light and Order, I suspect that there's a mystery that allows you to burn demons (which would normally laugh off mundane flames...), or actually create real fire (that can't be resisted!!!) without vis... or something. Every mystery has something that bends or breaks a hermetic limit or two, after all...

I'm still working the details out. Even as a baseline hermetic, Diedre is still tough, and someone you want fighting for you, not against you.

Sounds like Dierdre is our "nuclear option" if things go REALLY bad with Mab. Whew!

-K!