Table Talk

Errant posts split off into the first Volume of "Elsewhere..." :slight_smile:

Steve
(Sleep.....)

[color=blue]Gallowglass is an anglicazation of the gaelic word for mercenaries from the Hebrides Islands; These are the really heavy infantry, and even worse, they can run at a pretty good clip in their kit. The Scottish Lairds hire most of them, the Irish the rest. There are, however, limited numbers of these available.

Steve
(More Sleep...)

Belladonna:

GREAT intro! This is going to be interesting...

-K!

Thanks, V!
Oh, BTW, Azaelle did not perform any magic to attract attention. I just realized that I didn't make that clear.

am I right in thinking that Stephen and seiriden get hit by some type of spell and are turned into animals?

Nope. Something off camera that went on camera. They (and anyone else) out in the lab are still whoever they are. This is just one of those things...

Steve
(feeling a bit better...)

I'm not exactly sure where I am at this point. I'm assuming I'm still with Daggin?

That was where I thought you were...

However, Stephan volunteered. :slight_smile:

I'm trying to stay away from the Extra-ordinarily heavy handed approach of "Do this or Die, horribly!" persuasion. Many thanks to someone with an overactive imagination for most of the text.

I'm trying to be fair, and not overly harsh, here.

Steve

I wouldn't sweat it, Steve.

We're all adults, here, and know that you are playing a character, that you are not that character, Mark is not Corvus, and that the reaction is consistent with everything presented so far.

Mark did an excellent job playing his character's flaws and undoubtedly knew what he was doing. Further, he didn't try to "metagame" around them. You did the same with Dierdre. So game on!

Seriously, count on the rest of us being grownups. Well done on all accounts. This is why I love this game!

I agree completely. :slight_smile:

That Dierdre's hot stuff! Crikey.

But if Corvus is going to be a little too "daring" for the saga I can real him back in and kind of, I don't know, do something different with him. I designed him as an antidote to the dry occasionally starchy magi that I sometimes play. I guess he's the maverick magus that we'd all like to play occasionally but who is so hard to play around a table.

Still, Dierde, eh? She's going to be fun. How old is she again?

No WAY, Mark!

Play Corvus through! If he gets his nether regions fried becuse you did a great job playing the character, all the better.

That scene established a whole lot about Corvus and Deirdre. It was great.

-K!

But it doesn't answer the question about how old she is. Or, more importantly, how old she looks...

Old enough to have regular correspondence with one of the Archmagi of her house and enjoying an appearently free exchange of information. Powerful enough to look middle-aged. And she knows, well, Mab. A very old maga indeed.

Personally, I'm betting at least sixty years post gauntlet and more probably seventy or eighty.

Any other guesses, anyone?

Azaelle's throwin' out the spells!

These were spontaneously cast and I rolled for them. (I didn't think it was crucial enough to bother you with it, Kryslin.) If I botched while making a flower it would be too funny to lie about it.

Create Azaleas
Cr He lvl 4

Clean Dress
Pe Te lvl 10

Since you would know this if we were playing at a table, I'm posting it here. :wink:

How old is Diedre?

To quote, complete with wagging finger... "Sore wa ... Himitsu desu!"
(Or, "That's a ... Secret!" for those who don't know a bit of Japanese)

The current answer is "That's for the SG to know, and his players to find out ... if he let's them."

However, Glendower has stated "The most dangerous (secret) to persue is the maga known as Diedre. Investigate her background at your own peril."

I'll make the first step easy : There have been 3 magi known as Diedre in the Order of Hermes. 1 of them died in the Schism War (House Diedne), the next twilighted in 1070 while attempting to purge Norman invaders from her families lands (Jerbiton). The third is simply listed as Maga Diedre, scholae Flambonis. No date of gauntlet, no parens listed, resident at Lough Caillte from 1170 on. This was all a season's casual inquiry could turn up.

Steve

Well, I'm sure someone could probably spin a lurid tale about how Mab wanted more dandelions around the covenant one spring and the spell went awry (weirdness botch), and they had all these lion-headed, lion-SIZED flowers around for a week that bit at people and roared all the time... :slight_smile:

There's a +5 aura at the covenant (I think), so I would have only needed to know if you'd botched. :slight_smile:

Steve

Belladonna:

A Tytalus that is working so hard to (a) be appealing, and (b) be nice is really kinda freaking me out a bit.

Having had some experience with the ancient rule "Don't bait a good person" (a good story I might tell the group another time) I am sitting here in wonderment and not a little bit of trepidation.

Very cool.

-K!

Oh good that's exactly what I wanted. :smiling_imp: