Table Talk

The Intellego one, it makes sense to stay for trade. Haile wouldn't know that the book the covenant has is better or worse than a book she has. It's useful for trade. I suggested retconning the Vim book, because it's unlikely that the book would've stuck around with the other one being available. That's where I was coming from.

Oh, since I opened the AC debate. Do ACs require an entire season to fix?
I really do like how De Domo Tremeris suggests 1 week and a pawn of vis is sufficient. It'd be nice to know how quickly Godiva can make an AC permanent...

Um...thanks?

So, we would have a Perdo 15/15, a Mentem 15/15, an Ignem 5/5, but no Intellego, except for the one that Halie is (presumably) donating to the library?

I'm actually not comfortable with them being that quick and easy, but reading that section I can see his points. I would also like to see some kind of mechanic involved, so that you would need, say, a ReVi lab total of some kind based on the transience of the initial duration. For example, to Fix an AC that lasts Hours would be much more difficult than fixing one that lasts years. As it is now, it looks like, technically, an apprentice who's only had his Ars opened but has no Magic Theory could Fix an Arcane Connection, and that feels even more wrong. But I also don't want it to be cripplingly difficult, either.

Proposal: it takes one week for every step removed from Indefinite that the AC is at the beginning, and you must have a ReVi lab total of three times the number of steps. Thus, to take a bottle of water from a moving stream and use it to fix an AC to the stream would take six weeks and you must have a ReVi lab total of 18. To fix an Arcane Connection from a strand of Caoimhe's hair would take three weeks and require an ReVi LT of 9.

It would still take one pawn of Vim vis.

Pretty reasonable, I'm fine with it.

Yep.

My only concern with the retconning of both texts is that we have little incentive to do any RP/trading. Yes, it makes it easy from a game perspective. shrug
I'm fine with either option, I just like the idea of someone going out to trade for things we don't have.

We still have books we need, and Halie will try to acquire them.

That's quite vague...

Let Me Look That Up For You.

Aquam, Rego, and Herbam.

Not what. How. :stuck_out_tongue:

YOU should have been less vague then :laughing:

The plan was to head to Doissetep and see what kind of deal we could swing. Failing that, she'd try Fengheld and Harco.

I suggest we keep the Vim 15/15 for now...just in case Joe turns out to have personal differences with one of us. We have to think of him more as an NPC teacher than a tome of knowledge...

Joe could be annoying, but he can be copied normally like any other text if he becomes problematic. (That's the essence of it being an External Relations boon-- it's a bartering chip.)

♫Carefree highway, let me slip away, slip away on you...♫

So. I was out mowing the lawn Tuesday afternoon, about 5 or so. I don't normally have my phone on me when I'm mowing the lawn, because I get phantom tingles if I have it on vibrate and I can't hear it when I don't. I'm also bad about checking my phone for missed calls or messages whenever I'm back where my phone is. Along about 7ish, I remember to check my phone and see two missed calls, at 5:11 and 5:43, from the same local number that sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure it's the chocolate place I interviewed for last week. And I'm thinking, sweet! They called twice in half an hour, that's a good sign, right?

I call them back after breakfast Wednesday morning, around 8.30 or so, and sure enough, it is the chocolate place. The part-owner I interviewed with isn't in yet, so I leave my name and number. And I wait. And I wait. And I wait some more. She finally calls back a little after four, to let me know that she had narrowed the field down to two for the position, neither of which was me.

So, right now, I'm not in a very good mood, nor in a very good place emotionally. And some other stuff going on yesterday all over the place didn't help my mood much. So, if I come across as pissy, bitchy, cranky, or otherwise not my normal shooting-rainbows-out-my-ass kinda guy, I apologize and hope you understand.

PB, can you sticky the covenant description thread?

((Incorrect. When you extend your Parma over others, you must re-cast it.))

((Cite, please? The description of the Parma Magica ability on p. 66 says "You must touch each person to start the protection, and it lasts as long as at least one character can see the other." On p. 85, it's virtually identical: "He must touch each person to start the protection, and it lasts as long as at least one character can see the other." It doesn't say that you must re-cast the Parma, merely that you must touch the other(s).))

(Weird. That's... broken. With that rationale you never have to cover your grogs with your Parma or worry about fastcasting to defend them, you can just touch them. Pretty stupid. Oh well. Anyway, if someone will let him read over Magic Theory he will eventually determine on his own that it is not sin to cross into an Aegis, only to participate in the ritual or accept a token.)

((I'd say it takes a round and generally works like suppressing your parma, so not exactly a time intensive task, but in combat, you still have to decide to fast cast defend or touch a grog or two.))