Table Talk

Not a problem. I think any questions/problems I had have already been discussed and resolved.

In addition to personal attendant type grogs you might be interested in doing a sailor grog to play around with. I only ask that he is pretty (+1 presence). Talia likes her sailors to look good... :laughing: He can be from anywhere, including one of the five new recruits from the covenant.

I hate to do this to you guys, and I've been agonizing about this for days, but I need to take a little break and try to recharge my creative batteries.

Note that this has nothing to do with any drama on the boards lately, but it has more to do with the fact that my life is very stressful right now, and has been for months. It's not fun for me to sit here, looking at a post, and coming up with nothing.

Also, I'm not shutting the campaign down. I'm just putting it on a hiatus for probably a month or two until I get to feeling creative again. I will probably take this time to continue thinking and start actually planning, since apparently my normal method (i.e. pantsing) isn't working. (Which might explain why I haven't finished any of the three book that I've actually started.

So...um...yeah. Like I said, I'm not quitting anything, I have every intention of continuing the saga. I think once I start working again and/or get a vacation (either or both of which will happen in a month, month and a half), that will help some.

Sorry to let you guys down, and hopefully y'all will stick around.

No worries, take your time. I'm the main GM in my gaming group, and inevitably you run low. It's better to take a break than burn out. I'll be here when you get back.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones Peregrine! Us birdies won't fly away, so when you come back to roost, we'll happily chirp at you again :slight_smile: .

I'll be around. It'll give time to generate sailors. I've been treating that like a chore.

For some reason, I found myself this evening drawing parallels between the elder magi and the Grey Council.

Between the candle and the star? :smiley:

Next Wednesday the 8th, I am leaving for Texas, and not back home until the night of the 20th. Flying into Houston, staying there for a couple of days, driving up to Austin for the next week, back to Houston probably Sunday the 19th.

Also, this Saturday I will be away all day. Going to New York to see the Mariners (riding a six-game winning streak, yay!) play the Damn Yankees at Mos Eisley Stadium.

I think I'm ready to start flailing my way around this saga again. Who all's still in?

ME waves wildly.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of a wiki of some kind, just to have all the stuff in an easier-to-find place then scattered all over the forums. What do y'all think, and do you have any preferences (or hell-no's) on which wiki to use. My thoughts on the ones I've used in the past:

• Wetpaint is the once I've used a couple of times before, for the Mystikae Eikona saga and Phoenix: Rise from the Ashes. It's fairly easy to use, but I understand that some people have had problems in the past with loading times (never really an issue for me, that I can recall).
  • Obsidian Portal is the one we use for the In the Ruins of Bibracte saga. This is one that, truth be told, I'd rather not use, mainly because it's not what I consider a "true" wiki, in that many pages are only editable for the page creator. I think this is mainly for character pages, but if, for example, someone were to post some grogs and then leave, nobody else could edit those characters when they're advanced. Also, I think some of the features are limited to premium accounts, but I don't recall off-hand which ones, and if they're features that I would consider vital.
  • Wikidot is the one that's being used for the Shores of Albion saga. As long as we don't use the forums there, we should be fine. Seems to be built a lot like Wikipedia, which means I'd have to figure out how to make and edit new pages for the framework, but I don't think it would be that hard.

I'm sure there are at least a couple of other good ones that we can consider, that is (1) flexible, (2) easy to use and figure out, (3) anyone can edit (or at the least, any member), and (4) is free. Assuming that we want to go the wiki route, that is.

Thoughts, ideas?

GM's on Obsidian Portal can assign users to edit a page. I'm not sure if this is an Ascendant membership thing or not, I don't think it is. If you think you need some of the features of Obsidian Portal, and you don't put any secrets up there, I can create the campaign page and designate you as CO-GM. You don't have to be Ascendant for me to do this. I'm not beholden to a particular spot. Wetpaint has periods where it is dog slow for me...

I'm not sure which one is best. The big problem for me (as has happened before) is that some of the sites prevent me from visitng there while I'm at work, where I do a lot of posting. Atlas still works...mostly.

I'm unfamiliar with ALL of those wikis, and in fact any computer technology more advanced than telnet. If I could, I'd participate in Ars by writing on vellum and sending it over. (Actually, I could probably run a game that way seeing as we have a medieval fair only ten miles away each year where there's a vellum seller, and I live close enough to several ars players....hmm....)

Anyway, I want to get around to more stories.

Having nothing to do with anything in particular, but I found this in one of my heraldry email lists today. There is now a database of everyone who lived in Scotland from 1093 to 1314...over 21,000 names in all. Just in case you geek out about authentic names as much as I do.

So, are we still on track to do 1223 stuff or are we skipping ahead some? Just curious what's on tap...

I'm far too new to the campaign to "still" be here, but I am here, and eager to play.

Wetpaint is WAY slow.
Given the things we've discovered about Google Maps, the primary niftiness of Obsidian Portal now only applies, for me, when playing on non-terran worlds. Though I suppose it WOULD still be cool if the thumbtacks in our google maps could link to a wiki page.

There is a part of me that wants to suggest that I host a wiki on one of my own domains. Bluehost makes it easy to install/maintain any of these:

MediaWiki 1.19.1
Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware 9.1
WikkaWiki 1.2.sp.1
DokuWiki 2012-01-25b
PmWiki 2.2.41

Description of these wikis is available here: simplescripts.com/script_category/cat:Wiki

Or we could use Referata. Standard wiki style. Seems much faster than wetpaint, and much more flexible than Obsidian Portal.

referata.com/wiki/Main_Page

At least one other group is using it here on the forums and perusing thier pages is FAST. laurus-argenti.referata.com/wiki/Laurus_Argenti/

That's Via Experimenta, Arthur did the setup on it.