Table Talk

okay, got my first wave of exam corrections. I may be slower for a week or two (at most). And, I'll feel more competent about my English in two weeks.

This talk about demons and might: I think I need to invent a rego mentem spell to force a demon to act angelically for a time.

Just because it suits my mood.

Can't wait until Phessallia sticks her frosty little nose into things.

:laughing: I resent that! My character's huge Ignem score is maximizing her flaws. I'm very proud of that! :stuck_out_tongue:

At the moment, about the only thing my character can do to a demon is give it dirty looks. Well, mentem might be able to effect them in which case I can play with their memory (mind reading is useless since you will only see what they want you to read).

Maybe weight of 1000 hells on a demon :slight_smile:.

Then again, I am about as effective against faeries. Siobhan is a mundane meddler who sees most people (outside those of the order and her family) as targets, marks and minds to play with and research. She doesn't have much of anything usable on creatures from the other realms with might.

At which point it will bust out singing "♪♫ Summertime, and the livin' is easy ♫♪ " :stuck_out_tongue:

(and it was so hard not to go back and put a color=red tag on that quote, too :laughing: )

As I sit here looking at my formulaic spells trying to come up with lyrics for them I've been saying to myself, I'm working awfully hard for a +3 bonus (Method Caster, where the method is singing). Am I crazy?

Demons I think would hate weight of 1000 hells after all, it makes them victims and suffers in hell as opposed to the torturers.

Yeah, coming up with period songs for all your spells could be interesting.

I had the same problem with Cygna ("Necessary Condition: Singing") - I was actually planning on going through and coming up with lyrics for each of her formulaic spells, 1 line per magnitude. Then I decided that was a lot of work, so now I just come up with some doggerel for her Spontaneous Spells. (which I hope people find at least mildly amusing)

You could make it poetry instead of song. Then you get couplets like that cheesy 70's TV show isis:

Wings of the Soaring wing: Oh Zephyr winds that blow on high, lift me now that I might fly.

And so on.......

Well you should be proud of yourself that your silly lyrics once made me snort incredibly spicy cajun cheese grits up my sinus cavity.

I don't think Weight of 1k Hells would do anything to a demon. If forced to reflect on all the horrible things it's done, a demon would giggle with glee. I dunno, I don't have the spell description, but I always pictured it worked by turning the target's conscience to reflection, and demons don't have consciences.

It's like... You tell Angel "Think about what a rotten person you are! You killed all those people!" and he mopes and broods. Say the same thing to Angelus, and he laughs and replies, "Yeah, isn't it awesome?" before ripping your throat out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Feel the burn...

Um...1)I'm sorry, 2)Thanks, and 3)Which one? (I have so few occasions to be proud of myself, every little bit helps)

That is not what Weight of 1000 hells does. It inflicts the despair and hopelessness of a 1000 sinners in hell on the target. The I am being tortured and it will never end, I am damned forever to suffering without hope.

I think a demon would be very nastily affected. That is why they are out of hell trying to get mages damned so they aren't suffering in hell. An angel is too full of hope and God to really be affected I suspect.

Isn't a demon already damned?

Huh?

Quiet casting must be taken twice to achieve silent casting
Precise casting adds +1 to finesse each time it is taken
Quick casting adds +1 to the initiative or fast cast response (if fast casting mastery applies) determination, each time it is taken

She has one - Flawless Magic. The Strong Selkie Blood is a Supernatural Virtue, a variant of Strong Faerie Blood.

Yes, to even realize that some of her ancestors became Great Beasts, and that those who succumbed to Final Twilight in the form of Great Beasts can pass on the knowledge of the Mysteries of the Inner Heartbeast, the maga "must have an House Bjornaer Lore of at least 5 to reach this conclusion." (HoH: MC, p. 28). So, in order to have an Inner Heartbeast, she must have at least a House Bjornaer Lore: 5.

Actually, it's a homebrew. She wanted a Selkie variant of Strong Faerie Blood, so we discussed it and came up with one. I should probably put a post in the House Rules thread for new Virtues/Flaws, now that I think about it.