Tartessos ex Verditius

You asked me to have two years post caravan. Per my character history he spent those last two years at Verdi on Sardinia (and is currently still there). It seems appropriate to study the Nuragic sculpture, but really he could do anything with those years if you wish.

The point is that years away from the caravan are 30 xp per year, regardless of how you want to describe them.

got it. He spent 6 seasons studying, and two crafting (already accounted for), so he gets 30 xp for the full year, and 10 xp for the second? It looks like 40*1.5=60 going to craft, giving him an @Game start Craft of 87 :cry:

no, he gets 60 xp for the 2 years, you can put them all into craft:mason,
now my understanding is that your beginning score in mason was 27(41.5) but that you were removing 12, which would bring it down to a 15 (not 18) (22.5), for a final value of 75 (107.5) and a score of 6.2
or you could add a year at gauntlet, he would start with 25(37.5) and end up with 85(127.5), or take a third year away from the caravan with being at 15 at gauntlet for 105(157.5) in your craft ability.

unless your crafting was lab activities, in which case you are correct...

The crafting was indeed lab activities, specifically two of the three seasons spent making the Lesser Enchanted Items listed earlier in this thread. My current understanding is that each season spent on lab activity costs 10 xp from the yearly total, for a total of 20 lost xp from two seasons, with 10 xp remaining.

The Craft skill started at 30(45), so minus the 12 points becomes 18(27), plus either 40(60) or 60(90) for the last two years, total of either 58(87) or 78(117).

I believe you are referencing his Magic Theory score, which guantleted at 27(40.5)

that would put it at 58(87) for the final score have also indicated elsewhere, correspondence before the game beginning is not allowed- there are assumptions of social factors being made that I don't want to get into plus it also effects available resources of the covenant.

no worries, I'll take it out. Are we good other than that?

yes, this appears to be complete. Do you want to bring him in during the summer?

To be honest, I'm not sure what season we are in currently, but yeah, that sounds great. He would probably come as soon as word came of the breakup of the caravan, which could be at anytime you deem adequate.

given the way things are going, lets assume Tartesso found his way to the caravan while the current expeditions were in progress, and he will be there when they return.

Any chance he could purchase a coupla lab texts before leaving Verdi? I was thinking an item text for the Marvelous Hound, from covenants (7 magnitudes), and a spell text for the ritual to rarify a water elemental (forget the name, it's from ROP:M). He could pay in Intellego vis, but I do not recall how much these would go for, if they were in fact available.

Edit: had a chance to look at ROP:M. The spell is Rarify the Crude Water CrAq30, and I would like to get it at L35 for increased size, if possible.

It would take a long time or a serious markup to gain the precise texts you want, depending on whether you are doing the searching yourself or paying a redcap to do it.

no looking; he's at Verdi, if they have it at a reasonable price he'd buy it otherwise he'll just come home.

It isn't on hand for purchase

According to hoh societas, destroying one property of dirt, such as its weight is base 5

What is this in reference to?

The only thing I can find it might apply to are my magic items listed on page 2 that use the Muto Terram Base 1 (change a single property of earth). Depending on your material and/or extra magnitudes for stone/metal/gems, this could have a similar effect to this Perdo guideline. I've noticed that there can be a lot of overlap between techniques depending on how you design the special effects, and Perdo tends to get the short end of the stick.

p.37 of house of hermes societas, under perdo terram guidelines. Yes that applied to the glove, sorry for not specifying.

Edit; Reread the guideline. I agree about perdo being generally harder to use, but they refer to weight as an aspect not property.

was this in reference to something in this thread? I'm a little slow this morning and not seeing a connection.

Thanks, I thought it might be something like that. I don't have that book, so those of you who do will have to help me with any part of the rules it changes. I freely admit that base 1 Muto guideline is VERY broad, simply by creative use of properties. I have a list of about sixty or so properties that could be changed, although some are anachronistic or redundant.

see:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_property

Regardless, I sold that item, so it's not something that effects the current game, although I still have the lab text in case I want it again.