The Eagle has landed

There was a pile at my local game store where I picked it up yesterday.

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, I like the idea of a ship born covenant and an underwater covenant. I saw the the art on page 69 of Eagle is the same as on page 10 of RoP: Divine.

The first thing that I did was eagerly page through for the numbers of a developed magi or two, I very much enjoyed the ones in GotF and tL&tL and I was somewhat disappointed to not find any here.

Any specific stores, in the US or Europe, that has it in stock? I'm looking for a place I can order it from.

-E.

Anyone have any idea when Amazon will get it? It sounds really great.

Games Plus in Chicago has it and they do ship though I am not sure if they will ship to europe. you can ask them. This is where I got my copy last friday.

http://www.games-plus.com/

Just got it yesterday. All I can say right at the moment is "Wow," but I will write more detailed post later (probably this weekend).

In short, for those interested in Hermetic politics, I think you wil find it to have a very novel and well motivated alternative to other Tribunal structures. I think it can be appropriately described as "Byzantine" without irony and within the context of setting. I haven't thought it all the way through, and I think I might have made different choices, but I do like it quite a lot. One thing that I still have questions on is why the Tribunal is not more fractured or polarized as a result of the Sack of Constantinople, but I did do just a scan and maybe I'm missing a few things. Will return to this.

There are a lot more hooks for hedge magic practitioners and defnitely more Mythic feel. The authors did a real bang-up job of costructing a setting where a magus can be the strange old man out in the next valley over all the way through to "Oh him? The well-dress man over there? Yeah, he's a wizard of the Order of Hermes and lives in that palace over there. Not really a bad guy once you get to know him (though, watch out for the other one he's talking with, he IS one the bad ones)." For those looking for a higher-fantasy setting, this is your book.

The one complaint I have, and to me it really is a minor nit, is the art. Some of re-use of pictures from other books and a fair amount of clip-art (or what passes for it anyway). I love the original drawings and such in the other books, but, again, that is just a small thing.

Lastly, the book is dense. There is a tremendous amount of information to digest and I am wondering what got cut. I get the sense that Mr. Chart and the authors struggled a great deal to get the book down to it's current size. I'll have to hope that more gets published in Sub Rosa (if that gets resurrected) or perhaps I'll get to chat with the authors at one of the cons.

All in all, I'm enjoying exploring this book. Very inspiring and wll worth my hobby dollar.

More later,

-K!

Cool. Where did you buy it? Still can't get it here in Norway, it seems. :confused:

E.

Thanks for the reviews :slight_smile: I expect to get the book next week (hopefully!) and I am quite eager already! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Xavi

The guys at IGUK.co.uk are going to mail me when they have it in stock. They're nice like that.

Wow! How did you manage to get it delivered that soon here in the Iberian Tribunal? I envy you!

I'll get too, thanks to one friend and MtA Storyteller.

By next Friday I expect it to be available woldwide. Or that is my hope, at least! :slight_smile:

Looting some (obviously codebreaking) moorish covenants and sahir dens you tend to find nice stuff as well, so I might try that route if the Redcaps are slow... :mrgreen:

Xavi

For those in the tribunal of Normandy or Provence, ludikbazar.com has it on preorder, dispatching today, hopefully (the shipment is free only for 75€+)

It's now stocked at Amazon. My pre-order copy shipped this morning, and I'm hoping that I'll get it tomorrow.

Yay! After seeing your post I checked and found that mine had been shipped. It should get here early next week. Yay! :smiley:

Chris

One of my players picked up a copy for me at Spiel this morning :slight_smile: .

Got it in NYC from the Compleat Strategist yesterday.

Really nice book! I like seeing the differences between Tribunals as each book comes out, and this one seems different in extremely appropriate ways.

Vrylakos

I have right now received the book. Great Day!

hehe lucky you! :stuck_out_tongue: . I hope receiving mine soon (ordered by warehouse 23)!

Just ordered mine from iguk.co.uk, so I'd expect to have it Thursday. That's my weekend spoken for now.

Mine arrived from Amazon (US) today. Too bad I won't have time to read it until this weekend.

Chris