the pilgramage begins: Fall 1200

Toward Iustian and Alexandros in functional Demotic (3 base +1 dialect) "Do you need help organizing? Although I know only few prayer suitable for a pilgrimage, I still can lead some of them."

Xene smiles, "Help praying is more appropriate, I think. You are not a priest, are you?"

The group having gathered, he ship is now boarding those who can afford passage. 6 pilgrims are still short on funds to make the journey.

[I'm assuming "she has travel money, plus some" means money for passage back to Greece.]

Xene looks at the six pilgrims unable to afford the boat and says to them, "I may be able to help some of you get on the boat but I will not be able to give you money for while you are there or to return which will mean you will need to seek alms in the Holy Land. How much have you acquired so far?"

She then proceeds to try to figure out exactly who she can help while leaving a small amount for when she arrives.

[I am not sure exactly how she would determine who gets helped first. Those with more money already so she can help more of them, probably. But also see her helping someone with more need, a blind person or a cripple or a leper.]

It is part of the nature of begging that those who are least physically able tend to do the best at begging, and you are able to get 3 more pilgrims on the boat, including a blind man and a crippled woman. It sets sail for one day before setting into the first port, a small place near the straight between the sea of Marmara and the Aegean Sea, a town named Cyzicus. Durring the entire day, and overnight hile in the harbor, Xene is plagued by visions of shipwreck, varying between a storm, a demonic attack, and a sea monster.

Iustina finds the priest and quietly tells him of her visions. “... but if we leave the ship there is no way we will Convince everyone to leave and many will still die.”

as answer to the question if I'm a priest jokingly running a hand over the not existing beard "Do I really look like one? No I'm just a pilgrim who prepared him self for this last part of the journey." pointing toward the stitched falcon "I was working as falconer the last years but I also have my ways with other animal as well."

When Falk finally remember about the meaning of the symbol he wait for a time when he can approach Iustina without many person listen.
"You belong to House Guernicus? Any other member of the Order on this pilgrimage as well? I'm sure you already assumed what house I'm supposed to belong to with the beast stitched over the heart area. Sadly god placed a huge test on me with my gift failing me before I could become a member of he order."
(OOC: I moved the talk along for a bit that why it is a bit rushed)

Responding to Falk's comment before getting on the boat
Iustina smiles, "Well I hardly think we should refer to our fellow pilgrims as animals."

When Falk pulls Iustina aside on the boat
"Yes. I have recently passed my gauntlet as a member of House Guernicus. I do not know of any other members of the Order on this vessel, there may be but none have made themselves known to me." [...] "Ah, I had assumed nothing of the sort but now that you mention it I would guess you were being trained as a Bjornaer." She looks pityingly upon Falk at the mention of his destroyed gift, "Why are you on pilgrimage?"

To Iustina: "Then gratulation in becoming a member of the order, something I can only dream about. When I left my paren I did so in hope to find a way to still become a magus. Hearing about some wonders happen to people I joined a pilgrimage in hope to regain what I have lost. But now some years later, after I again lost something that was important to me, its more to find out where I belong to, although the old hope is still there."

Alexandros listens calmly to Iustina's vision. «You seem to be quite stoic about the imminent disaster. Do you think it is you given to prevent it? Avoid it? Or endure it?»

"None of us can know the will of the Lord but, unless we can convince every pilgrim and sailor to leave the ship, it would be most Christian to try to help them endure it. Pilgrimage is fraught with difficulty and tests by God and our decision here is likely no less important than what we might do should we be on the boat when this tragedy happens."

Seeing Falk, Iustina waves him over to take part in the deliberation, describing her visions to him.

«True. And very commendable.»

"I hope that the trials Sister sees are it self just a distraction of the devil send to you and not actual trials we have to face. I even wonder how we can save all the people if it is only the shipwreck we have to face, not to talk about the other trials! I suggest we using encouraging prayers for now that we all have the courage to face what ever trials god let us face on this journey. May god be on our side"

“Though they are rare and I do not always understand them, I believe my visions come from the Lord. But here, armed with foreknowledge, the important thing to ask is what is moral. Attempting to save the few who might believe my vision and avoid the dangers of the sea in trade for the dangers of the road and travel through the lands of Muslims and, possibly, to give up our pilgrimage or to face these dangers of the sea with everyone? Do we not have a spiritual duty to minister and shepherd this flock?” Iustina asks with a pointed glance at the priest during her last question.

" I think you simply forget that even if we try to be some leader figures within the pilgrims we are still just passengers and the one at charge is the captain of this ship. Even if you would try to convince the captain I doubt he would turn around now or steer to the nearest harbour. Or would you do so if someone told you about some vague bad dreams? It would be different if you already have a reputation because of some of your prophecy's that came true. Beside spreading such a vision to the crew or other pilgrim might lead to a mutiny! I don't think that should be your aim as then we not even need to wait for some of your visions to come true to have a bad end to this pilgrimage."

Alexandros listens calmly to their deliberations with no apparent enthusiasm. At last he says, «we have a duty to serve those in need. I am not so sure the piligrims need another shepherd. They know their shepherd in Our Lord. We have all embarked on a journey to find something that no shepherd can show us but the Lord.» Having stood up to speak, he now returns to lean on his staff, looking deceptively half asleep.

Falk try to remember if there is a good common prayer that ask the lord for the wisdom and courage to overcome the difficulties during a pilgrimage. If he remember one he start to pray it loud.

(With Pilgrimage spec the Int + Theology roll resulted in 7)

I'm uncertain what the roll is for here... you were having a private/semi-private conversation about the visions, are you trying to invoke a saint? Lead people who aren't present for the conversation? Inspire personality traits?

Huh, sorry I forgot to write that I go back to a place where other could join the prayer.
Also it is nothing fancy its more to calm his own nerves after hearing about such visions.
He just doing it loud because he told that he could lead some prayer and the choice of the prayer is for the off chance that god actual react to it.
(OOC its like recite the rosary or other common prayer you hope they might have some postive effect but don't expect it. Falk is just a bit careful to not pray for the daily bread ... when what he think is needed is something different)