The Spider chargen

A magus would either need to capture or create the elemental, but one extra use per day to bring a elemental into the loop seems reasonable. You would need penetration. Also don't constant items need to be worn or something similar? Or arguably have the effect be in range of the item? Easily solvable by putting it into one of the elementals, but you also need to be touching the item to give the elementals orders, if I've read the rules correctly. Probably instal a hidden panel. Finally these guys would act as a group more or less. Again if I've understood the rules correctly. No scattering the golems to the four winds.

Hmm this gives me a cool idea for an invested item.

Yes, of course.

Agree.

The target needs to be in range of the item if you want to issue new commands, and you need to be able to activate the device for this (which is subtly different from touching).
This can be sidesteped by a command like "Obey person A, B and C's commands", but anyone in possession of the device could overide this.

That's a good question.
I think you're right, but this might be bypassed depending on the orders given (see above). I may be wrong, though.

Although it might be simpler to alleviate this concern by just making this effect T: Ind, Constant, with unlimited uses, I am loathe to do it, since it seems like a cop-out for me (And potentially abusive, since it would allow constant constrol of any elemental she'd create).

Do you think I should take this to the forums? Or do someone have a better idea for how Arachné might create eternal protectors for andorra?
I wonder if I should go back to my mechanical spider idea...

Silly me.
Not it wouldn't.
1 target, constant effect. This would just meant there's an infinite number of times I can replace an elemntal within the loop, but there's still only one control at the time.

Maube I'll ask this later on the forums if i'm better.

Updated the spider for 1245
andorra.wikidot.com/the-spider-s-character-sheet

Most important changes:

• She's reached the limits of Andorra's parma books, with a score of 7+2 (Mentem)
  • "Ward away the Hydra's Blood" instilled into her Talisman, to provide +30 soak against acid, whether she's conscious or not of the attack.
  • She made another set of Rings of Ballista Control for the covenant.
  • Invents "Hearing through the Spider", an hearing-based version of "Through the Eyes of the Spider"
  • Invents " Cut the weakening bonds", to reduce the duration of Arcane Connections (this is mostly a paranoid spell, to cast on her items before giving them to someone)
  • Invents Circle of Magic Negation, which works in a manner similar to "Impede the Intermitent Interloper" (TME p109), save that it works against all magical powers of a level less than (40 + a Stress Die)/2. This destined to be her primary defense against Valten and other Magic users.
  • She's taken to wearing a black, spiky mask. Although she'd despise the "beauty" use of MuIm appearance charms, and see it as both vain and a character weakness, she still laments the loss of her youth, especially as magi around her seldom age, which sets her appart. Opponents may also confuse it with a magic item, which may gain her some time. That, and it also gives her a more creepy and frightening appearance, which she likes and may be useful.

She also realizes she's reaching a glass ceiling for her spontaneous magic, which probably won't go above 2nd magnitude. Given the right arts and a good spell focus,she might be able in time to reach 3 magnitude in a few TeFo, but that's about it.
This means she's really got to be creative in her crafting, and to stockpile items.