The Troglodytae (Summer 1247)

The young Verditius nods in understanding, "How far away are these caves from here, then? Just so I can plan my personal gear accordingly. When do you plan on leaving and how long an expedition would this be?"

To clarify, you guys are discussing two different caves. The Caverns of Entropy and the cave of Xagyg are nearby the Covenant Keep in Andorra. This is an extensive ever shifting network.

Fleur is exploring a cave she found on Ibiza, nearby her private Sanctum. It appears to have been utilized and/or inhabited by some ancient cave dwellers (hence the name Troglodytae).
But something strange has happened!
When previously explored, it contained crude stone works and paintings on the walls. In reparations for this expedition, grogs that have scouted the area report that the cave now looks like this...
(without the stairs and the low wall, those are modern additions to an authentic Roman shrine)

"It's in Ibzia, we will leave from my house (I assume nobody has a regio network entrance on Ibzia), and catch a boat to Ibzia. The entire journey should be about a day by my estimation, then the real exploration begins."

Vallito reports for duty, probably to Fleur. If her sanctum is in fact on Ibiza he may be a grog who is there often, and may even have been one of the grogs who discovered the changes to the cave.

1 Like

Works for me. The common languages would be the same: Arabic, Catalan, and Lingua Franca.
Maybe some Cartheginian if you are an old occult type

OOC I noticed that, but my character does not. Fleur just told Marcellus that she wanted to explore caves nearby in the mountains. So I am trying to get her to clarify things for Marcellus...

1 Like

So Roger and Faith Forest would be the next she would approach... these are grogs so I don't think we need to hunt down players for them. Carlos will be approached...

"Carlos, are you going to be busy this summer?"

Oh, why do you want this old lecher slowing you down? What are you doing, cave exploring? Examining architecture? I heard there is some sort of mystery.

Fleur traces her finger down Carlos' arm "Because I expect to set up a lab in the cave if things go well, and will be away from Andorra for a while, and my team could really use an old lecher. And I hear you are quite skilled at other adventuring abilities as well, should they be required." She then blinks twice and asks "When you say old lecher, do you mean that literally, because we can discuss techniques."

note: the term lecher literally means a man who becomes aroused by performing orally on a woman (that is the least graphic way I can think of to say this), and was considered an insult because it meant the man was submitting to or being subservient to a woman. Fun facts.

yeah, but Carlos is literally speaking in Catalan or Vulgar Latin, not Middle English. And I have never heard that definition until now. So go with the common modern meaning. He is a dirty old man that is just charming enough to be given a pass by the "me too" movement (if they do not go digging into his past at Novus Mane).

So ignore the last sentence, her motivation remains the same.

"On the island of Ibiza? By boat?" Marcellus hesitates a few moments, then adds, shaking his head. "In that case, I must decline. Such a trip would take too long and detract from my current work. Sorry."

"By boat because it is on an island, it will only take a day at most to get there. We can grab an arcane connection while we are there and if you know lead of the homecoming you can be here and back after we arrive."

Marcellus shrugs, "I do not possess the level of knowledge required for that type of spell yet. So I would be unable to transport myself at will like that. So this is an issue for me. If you can offer me reliable alternatives for fast transport, I am open to the idea, but otherwise..."

Why by boat? We have a direct portal to get there between the Mercere quarter and Mallorica. From there, all the regiones are interconnected.

Because my understanding is that the portal network extends through Mallorca, not Ibzia, and Ibzia is separated from Malorca by 50 miles of water. I did ask a while back about whether the portal network extended to Ibzia and did not get a response so I assumed it did not.

My bad.
Every Sactum in the islands has Regio access to every other sanctum.

HOWEVER...
to complain about the boat seems to me like the player's way of politely saying they are not interested.

Let us proceed :slight_smile:
Doing a Hex Craw to get there will not work. I would instead like to move forward to a part where you set up a base camp outside the caves and examine this suddenly appeared new construction.

As the grogs are setting up the camp, Fleur begins by improvising a few intelligo spells- starting with an improvised sense of magical power, and if that gives a negative result sense of faerie power.
(Sta+Int+Vim=9, spell level:2, any non-zero result will succeed... rolled 1 and 9 for first (magic) casting and 0 for the second (faerie) casting if necessary.

Carlos proceeds to flirt with one or more ladies, with an unconscious preference for the fine line between morally acceptable and social outrage. So young (but adult) ladies, married women, and/or social superiors. He is not a creep (and even if he was, he has a Virtue that covers up for that). So he will not make a show of it or bother anyone twice. On the other hand, he is more about the game than the objective. The salacious Guiverna and Fleur, he will play coy and push-pull. The lady that will capture his heart wil know how to play hard to get. :slight_smile:

Vallito (the Field Surgeon and Barber) is very upbeat about travelling and especially about being ‘back home’ on Ibiza. Seeing as no one is likely seriously hurt or lost yet, he volunteers for any scouting mission or patrol.
It may look like he is trying to avoid the most boring chores but he does have some local knowledge.