The Vis Hunters (Summer 1232)

I'm good with moving on to the next round.

Ditto.

r2: Vibria looks at Vocis and Alejandro. [color=red]"Shall we take the fight to Lord Featherbottom over there?"

((Is the fence as I picture it - basically, a white picket fence? Or is it taller and more privacy-fence-ish?))

Also, I forgot Initiative for Alejandro, Vidal, and Guy.

The grogs fight together as a trained group, and thus there is only one initiative roll. Said group would include some of the other grogs as well.

Anyway...
What would Lord Featherbottom do?
Fury Check (1d10=10)
Botch Check (1d10=4)
He's going to pound against the ward barrier some more.
The fence is a low wooden picket fence, as you were imagining.

Not yet. We can handle his attacks. Stay back. Vocis walks to within a few paces of the fence and says very calmly, Sodalis, we mean you no harm. Please calm yourself and speak with us.

Com 1 + Charm 3 + spec 1 + another #!@%$ 2 = 7 + Confidence = 10

Vocis really doesn't want to kill a brother magus.

Fury check (1d10=3)
[size=150]SMASH YOU!!![/size]

You may wanna try a spell that will calm him?

Sorry, wrong character. Vocis would have to spont a Mentem calming spell and it would never penetrate. His more emotionally manipulative Im spells require a level of subtlety or social interaction that aren't options here.

Vocis turns back to the group. Alright, he can't be reasoned with. I'd rather not kill him if we can avoid it. Shall we retire for a bit and see if he calms down? It's nearly time to set up camp for the night anyway.

It is, say, about 25 minutes until sunset. That is 250 combat rounds with Lord Featherbottom rolling a fury check to calm himself every round. 20% chance to succeed, 1% chance to botch.
I'm gonna be inventive :mrgreen:
I shall roll a d20. On a "1" he eventually botches. Anything greater is how many minutes it takes to calm himself.
Extended Fury Check (1d20=5)
In five minutes he becomes calm and rational enough to relax and change back to his human form.
He scowls, then gives in.
What do you want? Out with it!

Barbecued meat tends to be rather calm, but I think that would be a last resort. So, she will follow Vocis's cue, let her concentration on the Sword of the Avenger lapse, and slides the sword back into its sheath, looking the owlbear dead in the eye as she does so.

She turns and tells the troops to go ahead and start pitching camp, a little ways away but not so far that they can't bumrush the joint if they need to.

[color=red]"Well, for starters, we want you to stop trespassing and poaching on Andorran lands, to make restitution for what you've already done, and if you intend to stay here to negotiate terms for your lease."

What?!? Your covenant is nowhere near here! This is ridiculous! This is my property! I have lived here three years, found an aura and vis source of my very own, and I have been stocking the wilderness with wildlife. I create and breed owlbears and jackalopes. I just released a batch into the wild today, and sitting tight for mating season come fall.

[color=red]"Yes, and the Covenant of Andorra has Hermetic title to all the lands in the Principality. You really should have come talked to us before you moved in if you were unclear on that.

"And...wait...you released a batch of wild owlbears and jackalopes into the wild?!?" Vibria looks at the man like he's lost his mind.

OK, OK, calm down. We can sort out the property situation later. As I tried to tell you earlier, I'm Vocis of Tremere and this is Vibria of Flambeau. We are both members of the Andorra covenant and were surprised to find a brother magus in the area. Can you please tell us who you are?

Hrumph!! I am Lord Featherbottom of Bjornaer, a magus in self imposed exile. I am quite sure you have heard of me.
And you haven't, Lord Featherbottom is prone to delusions of grandeur.
May I presume a blank deadpan stare from the both of you? :smiley:

Like many magi, my Gift is also my curse. I have made many achievements in the Arts of Animal and the Mysteries of the Inner Heartbeast, but I have failed to subdue my own passions. As you have seen, I am prone to fits of berserk fury. One day, mindless of what was happening, I became blinded by a hysterical fit of rage, and when my vision returned to me I discovered I had slain my own son and apprentice. I left my wife and daughter behind in self imposed exile to protect them. This fence, the gate latch is enchanted to erect a ward around the perimeter, keeping animals out and corralled within. In heartbeast form, which I always assume when I am in my fury, I am affected by Animal spells. I set the Penetration to affect my own Magic Resistance, no easy feat, and I am inhibited from further study of the Art of Animal or Parma Magica lest I overcome my own precautions.

No, that would be rude. The default is always 'nodding sagely'. 8)

I...see. I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Vocis appears to be genuinely moved by this lunatic's story. Do you plan to live out your days here or are you seeking some solution that will let you return to your family?

Vibria rolls her eyes. While she doesn't doubt that this...'Lord Featherbottom' may well have killed his son and apprentice in a fit of bestial rage, she doesn't think he's really trying to rehabilitate himself or putting the brakes to his Animal studies, considering what he admitted just doing.

:mrgreen:

You ask too damn many questions! I'm a conservationist, dedicated to protecting the noble owlbear population. Damn pesky brown drakes keep finding their way into owlbear dens and poaching eggs. That's all you need to know. Now you best be moving along and get off my property before I get cranky again.
Come to think of it, maybe there s a way we can be amicable. There is a trio of firedrakes that are constantly preying upon my owlbears. They are way to powerful for me. I got into it with the fattest one and barely got away with my life. They have a treasure horde, I can lead you too it. Help me take them out and we can split the treasure.

Vibria's eyes narrow. [color=red]"What?" she growls, her hand itching for the handle of her sword as wisps of smoke start to curl from her nostrils.

Three fire drakes. Help me kill them. Or at least the fat one. He has eaten over a dozen owlbears this season already. I will lead you to their treasure and split it with you

[color=red]"Three fire drakes, eh?" Vibria says thoughtfully. [color=red]"Even if the three combined are more than you can handle alone, with Vocis and I at your side...

"Just how much treasure are we talking about, here? And are we taking an even three-way split?"