Themmix ex Tytalus

I remember that the advancement rules are slightly different for this Tribunal, but can't find them.

they are on the wiki
http://amfightorflight.wikidot.com/transylvanian-tribunal

Ok, then a few questions:

1. With regards to Initiation in Planetary Magic, I'd assume it's one Season to do the initiation, and 1 Season or equivalent to pay for it. Is that right?
  2. She will want to bind her magical rat, which I still need to finish stating, as a Familiar. What Tech + Form would be appropriate? I plan to make the rat more of a mysterious/secretive creature.
  3. Do we need to set aside any Seasons for "upgrading the Lab"?
  4. How often should we set a Season for Adventure? (approximately)
  5. I assume spells added have to be researched? No learning spells from texts.

1 season for the longevity ritual. Since you re not joining a mystery cult it cannot be initiated and will need to be gained through teaching. This should be done early on- rules are as per apprentices p. 41
form will follow whatever form the rat itself is aligned with- if it were mundane I would say likely terram. Perdo is the technique most often associated with rats...
you will not be able to keep the lab you transfer to Transyvania, and do not need to set aside seasons to upgrade.
These characters should have no pre-game adventures.
5) correct

Just to be clear on the rules for learning Planetary Magic:

Base is 15, for a Minor Hermetic Virtue
+3 per Minor Hermetic virtue you already possess (I have 5)
+9 per Major hermetic Virtue you already possess (I have 1)

So the total is 39.

SQ is 11

So it will take her 4 Seasons, or an entire year to learn the virtue.

actually no, because you have to get that SQ in a single season from teaching.
Which obviously doesn't follow the normal advancement rules...

Assuming the person who made this bargain with you is an excelent teacher we can assert a reasonable SQ of 25 (com 5, good teacher, teaching 6 one on one instruction +9. Variations may occur for higher teaching ability or teaching labs, possibly paired with a lower com)
as stated, you need 39.
including a major hermetic flaw gives a +9 bonus.
Life boost is part of leper magus and does not count, lowering the required total to 36
which leaves a 2 point gap... this may not be possible for this character

the other option is to be given a series of lab texts that allow you to achieve the breakthrough on your own... it isn't integrated or it wouldn't require a virtue...

I'll pass. Am working on stating her rat, and once that's approved, I'll start the roll of seasons, for both of them. (I assume the Familiar will generally learn through exposure, unless she takes a season to teach it.)

Familiar posted

Also, does the +8 lab bonus include Familiar bonus? That will increase in time as it learns Magic Theory by Exposure.

yes
Looking at Niedola your characteristics come out to a total of 8 points when adjusted for size, or 7 if we utilize the animal creation method in which case your mental characteristics are far too high (I recommend normal stats, size adjusted)

Is the Familiar approved?

not yet, still reviewing abilities and characteristics don't fit.

I spent 120 XP for Abilities, as a Spring animal, and an extra 50 XP from Improved Abilities magical qualities.

As for Characteristics: before size modifiers it was:
Pre +2 (3)
Int +1 (1)
Pre 0
Com -2 (-3)
Str +2 (3)
Sta +2 (3)
Dex +3 (6)
Qik -2 (-3)

(While writing it down, I realized you are right, so I increased his Sta to +2)

regarding abilities- you have listed 115 points in abilities, the character should have 170.
Additionally since a magical beast cannot be less than the mundane version it must have a minimum of 3 in both brawl and survival. Finally covering your tracks would be a specialization of stealth, not hunt- hunt is an ability for the hunter, not the hunted. That being said, rats do hunt, so it is only th specialization that is at issue.
It should, however also have a quality of pursuit predator, which would mean its minimum hunt ability would be 7 (but it gains an extra level of fatigue)

Ok, adjusted the Abilities,

Covering Tracks is listed as a possible specialization in the core book for Hunt.

Rats are not much of a pursuit predator. They don't run much after their prey, which are usually insects and small animals, but they are opportunistic, not focused on pursuit predator.

They are certainly more of a pursuit predator than an ambush predator, though definitely opportunists in the way they pursue prey. As to covering track well I guess that's just another ars magica face palm...

May I assume the Familiar would be suitable for a Rego Imaginem bond? Or do you have another Form in mind?

Generally rego is supposed to be for animals which are leaders of their packs or enjoy similar status, where this rat is a much better fit for perdo imaginem. If you want to give him the leader of the pack virtue from Grogs then Rego would certainly fit.

I meant Perdo.
With a Perdo of 9, and the Lab bonus, she can easily bind him as her first season, since he needs a Lab total of 7 to bind...