Thoughts on how my Character would be Treated by Mages now??

No, there´s only 3 sources of dominion aura/power.
And how is it that fae or magical entities cannot be divine?
They never did provide a dominion aura anyway, so whats the difference?

Hmm - you're a non-member of the order who knows parma magica (can't use it, but you probably could teach, right?) - That is usually enough to get you killed - hunted down even.

It also sounds like you're not using True faith, but rather a home brewed faerie faith? True faith is the belief in The one true god (as defined in Ars), while usually the pagan gods of faerie would have a more personal touch in matters. They are typically not omni-present. But this is your game, and if having true faire faith works for you, then more power to you.

When has he renounced membership in the order? Where does it say that? Technically he is still a member as far as I can see and is still bound by its code.

BTW: it just occured to me that having the Code of hermes a geasa would be cool: making hermetics aware of tyour renounciation in case you have purposefully renounced it would be cool.

Xavi

there is says he left the order...

And thus he (in the typical saga) would usually be hunted down and killed. It would probably be done in a way that didn't implicate the order, but nonetheless....

gets out the Flambeau legions Oh, they're just going out vis hunting. Yeah, all of them. You got a problem with that?

I stand corrected. He says he lost all his hermetic abilities. Did he lose the KNOWLEDGE of them as well as their use? I guess he would be approached before commiting to smashing him to pieces. Dealing with might 75 fae princes backed by a fae god is not something done lightly, so some kind of entente might be reached....

Cheers,

Xavi

Ok, there are three types of Divine Aura (Christian, Jewish and Muslim) but they all emanate from the same God.

Because they belong to the Faerie and Magical Realms now, even if they were Divine a long, long time ago. I imagine very bad things would happen to faerie or magical beings that tried to tell a company of Crusaders they were divine. It's all in the rulebooks.

What do you mean? The Dominion manifests itself as Divine Auras everywhere there are pious Christian, Jewish or Muslim communities, and they aren't generally nice places for faeries or magi to be. See the Realm Interaction Table in ArM5, p. 183.

Riiiiiight.... I know what would happen to someone in one of my games who thought it was ok to trust Tytalus the Founder if he ever reappeared (this is the same Tytalus we're talking about, right? Scheming? Unscrupulous? Obsessed with conflict and intrigue? Generally mad, bad and dangerous to know?) but it sounds as if your SG has allowed an altogether more cosy relationship to develop. Lucky you. If you have Founders as drinking buddies I'm not sure why you even need to ask how we think other magi would react to you.

It might just be that this is setted in an earlier time?

I don't think there was ever a time, earlier or later, where Tytalus would ever be a good drinking buddy - unless, of course, you're the undisputed master of MuMe.

Tytalus would be a nice drinking buddy - he allways loved bargames, and probably would love introducing you to another mans wife... (in order to create conflict)...

Yeap... you are correct, I no longer have any of the knowledges or the ability's for any of the Hermetic Arts or Knowledges that you gain by being a Hermetic Mage!

They were completely stripped from my Character!

I now have to get my brother to now teach my children further in Hermetic Arts and Knowledges, seeing as I can no longer do it myself!

Yes, or cheating the bartender in such a way as to make him think you did it, or antagonising the most violent, psychotic customers and then leaving you to deal with them ("I don't know what my friend has done to upset you, but I assure you, it's nothing to do with me... I suggest you go outside and discuss it, sensibly, in the street..."). The possibilities are endless, to be sure.

It's not like we have combined Ars Magica and Dragonlance, but when we were coming up with names for the different Tuatha de Danann we were at a loss for names...

So everyone in our group said that Takhisis and Tiamat would be appropriate seeing that they are the Goddess of Dragons from another system, so we just ran with it!

We just couldn't think of names, we all had total mind blanks, so we just used different names of characters from different game systems to fill the rolls of the Tuatha de Danann...

We are still at a loss to come up with the names of the Dark Tuatha de Danann, as you can't just have the Light Tuatha de Danann, as everything has a balance, like Fae and Dark Fae...

I'm not against using names from other games, as my Characters name is from an Anime, and i have no problem with it...

You are correct, a majority of the mages are ok, but you will still get the odd one's who will still want to come after me, and that is something i just have to live with...

At least most Merinita mages are ok, as they are fascinated with the fact that I have turned into a High Elf, and love to hear stories of Arcadia and that..

Aw heck, Tytalus and I go out drinking all the time! We were at Crobar last weekend, and that dastard stuck me with a six-hundred dollar bar tab and left with all three of the girls we were chatting with! That son of a mother. Then he calls me on my cell at four in the morning, he and Flambeau wanna come by and blaze one up. Quendalon hooked them up with some faerie dust too. I'm like "Tytalus, get the hell outta here! I gotta sleep!"

You've probably found this out already but if you want names for Tuatha de Danann it's a good idea to look into Celtic, specifically Irish, mythology. Tiamat, I believe, is Babylonian.

1 Like

Yes Tytalus is still a Schemer and that, but when they all get together to go drinking (Tytalus, Draco a size 5 Blue Dragon & a Lord Troll who is the Captain of the Guards at the Palace), i am dragged along or kidnapped to go drinking with them...

That way if they do something to get into trouble, they leave the very drunk me behind to take the fall!!:stuck_out_tongue:

(This is in our game), but Tytalus has calmed down a little bit seeing that he now has a wife and 2 kids, but he is still power hungry and lives for a challenge!

Ulf, I don't think anyone in the Order feels the need to be sneaky about Wizards' Marches. Sir Parn, in any games that I run being an ex-magus is a death sentence. No ifs, no buts. If Tytalus re-emerged from Arcadia and learned about pagan practitioners of dragon magic he might perhaps think, "Aha! A worthy opponent!" He'd lead the Wizards' March himself.

Or the opposite, Tytalus may seek this power for himself, and use an alliance with the dragons to take over the Order. And the fact that everyone thinks he is dead makes it all the more delightful.

If only he could stay sober long enough, tsk... :frowning: :unamused: