Through The Aegis Table of Contents

Thanks. That's what happens if you read a text with varying terminology quickly.

Then Nikola's level 40 Aegis might even make sense for Didyma.

Cheers

... I really wish the author pool would have worked together to eliminate such overlaps. Having just a single name for a specific spell (and a single "spell" for a specific name) just makes things so much easier.

just to throw more oil onto the fire...

has anyone back-hacked how the Familiars were advanced, and if so, which interpretation of the RoP:M statement they used?

Bob

They did. There was a lot of discussion to make sure that everyone was doing things the same way. There were even discussions of spell naming conventions, and the desirability of one standard name if all the parameters were the same. In a 150,000 word book, however, some things get missed.

I know. jus' belly achin'

"No penalty once bound". We had a substantial discussion over the best way to do this, and that's the conclusion we came to. You can't back-hack, though, as I don't think the date of binding and seasons of teaching received are recorded for all the familiars. Word count limits.

And we probably blew straight past those in draft one of this book. I have it in front of me now and I still can't get over just packed it is.

and it is amazing! it is the best ArM5 book I've read in a while. The intra Covenant bitchiness is just what I've been looking for

Well done!

Bob

Really? Does it say that about the Aegis penetration explicitly? If so, I need this in the other thread. This would be relatively huge as Life Boost applies to Formulaic spells, only applying to Ritual spells if they are Formulaic.

A question about the library of Didyma:

In what language(s) are the books written?
It would be real strange for a theban covenant if all the books are in latin.

Regard,
adumbratus

Before Arcane abilities (p 94), and after pestilence ward:

Except where otherwise noted all books are written in classical greek

Bob

There is however a casting tablet listed on 126, with a penetration of 30 built in. Seems like more grist to the botch dice mill....

Bob

Are there any new covenant hooks and boons in this book?

Thank you,
adumbratus

I don't think there are any new covenant boons and hooks. Not any in Jardin, anyway. I still have to read the book!

CJ x

Well, it does reinforce canon that the Aegis must penetrate. :smiley:

And David's comments reinforce the idea that Familiars do not suffer learning penalties :slight_smile:

Sure, an Aegis at a mere level of 20, cast without assistance for a poor Penetration is not very useful. But then again, such can the situation for a failing Winter covenant sometimes be. Luckily there is a new generation to take over, in the rebirth of Second Spring.

And then I guess the young magi at Collem Leonis had better get their act together and invent Day of Communion from the convienently supplied text. :wink:
And in time perhaps one of them should bother to invent the Aegis as well, since Ferra may not be there forever, nor be reliable as caster, given her situation.

I gave Jardin a thorough reading today and really enjoyed it.

Great idea for a covenant with a unique mystical feature that could easily draw player characters to the covenant from other covenants already in play. And there's easily enough going on to start a new saga there. Nice job, CJ.

Do we know why the book is not in the ars magica product page listed on the atlas website?