Triamore: the covenant at Lucien's Folly dicussion

@OneShot @Xavi

Reichsdorf (Imperial Villages) do exist in the 12th and 13th century though and they have imperial immediacy.

After a quick check, Reichsdörfer were immediate royal possessions in the era of the Hohenstauffen, which preserved some of their rights afterwards.
Wiki above: "These villages had preserved their rights of justice and their free status for centuries without force of arms, a "testimony to the progressive 'juridification' of the Reich".(Joachim Whaley /2012) Germany and the Holy Roman Empire, Volume I: Maximilian I to the Peace of Westphalia, 1493–1648 . Oxford: Oxford University Press"

So, this shows, that Triamore has a chance to still grow very old, if it can jump onto the train of 'juridification' in the Hohenstauffen era quickly.
But as a future Reichsdorf it would be an immedate royal possession in early 13th century, without any Princeps of Triamore in the middle.

Our argument should be that Bois de Haillot is a Reichsdorf.

As I mentioned before, if we are to lift the economic value of Bois de Haillot then we have to focus on non-agricultural sources of income. This list is what our neighboring areas normally trade with italics denoting famous exports.

Low Countries

Principal Ports and Cities (Arras, Brussels, Bruges, Ghent, Liege, Utrecht): Brass (Liege), Copper, Dye (Woad, Madder), Linen, Cheap Silk Cloth, Tapestry, Timber, Wool Cloth (particularly sewn into luxurious trousers from Bruges)

Germany

All Areas: Dye, Coal, Iron, Pitch, Cheap Potash, Timber
Bohemia (Prague): Copper, Cheap Glassware, Pewter, Silver (particularly at Jihlava after 1222), Wax
Central (Frankfurt, Nuremberg,Regensburg, Salzburg): Copper, Lead, Salt, Silver (particularly at Freiberg and Goslar), Wine
North (Cologne, Hamburg): Brass and Brassware, Salt, Cheap Weapons
South: Flax, Timber, Wine

France

(Including Calais and Gascony, excluding the industrial area in Flanders and Belgium)
Atlantic Coast (Nantes, Bayonne, Bordeaux): Flax, Salt, Cheap Wine
Northern (Calais, Rouen, Paris, Rheims, Troyes): Dye (Madder), Dye (Woad), Grain, Carved Ivory, Linen, Raw Wool, Wool Cloth
Southern (Marseilles, Narbonne,Salins-les-Bains, Toulouse): Dye, Salt, Slaves, Wine

I saw the Magic Aura of +3 rather than +2. Are the inside special Auras the same? I know we haven't seen them yet. Also, are there nearby Faerie Auras that Sophie has seen yet? She hasn't had much of a chance to explore, so probably not yet.

In the HR there are 3 types of auras: weak (+3), moderate (+6) and powerful (+9). triamore has a weak aura. Aline's vaults are not defined yet because I have not paid them much attention :stuck_out_tongue: and I placed a story hook there that I found in another Triamore PbP saga in this forum.

As far as you know there are no specific faerie auras in Bois de Haillot or Triamore. The village is touching the border of the Ardennes, and in fact you feel more the primal presence of the forest nearby than any auras related to spirits interested in human habitation.

Arbois, that is farther north is still forested, but not as densely than the area to the south (and around) Bois de Haillot, and there are a few more "faerie" enclaves. You were called to deal with them, specially a recent case of "suspicious offspring" on the young women of the village. Basically there is a satyr/nymph court nearby. More to come when I upload the description of Arbois.

However, take into account that Faeries are just spirits that have an interest in humans. the division between faeries and magic beings ins not clear cut. Sophie gets the full bonus from a magical aura.

Oh, ya, sorry. I'd forgotten the three (weak, moderate, powerful).

Oh, are you more merging Faerie and Magic in that sense? She gets full benefit with no extra botch dice? Similarly, magi get full benefit from Faerie Auras with no extra botch dice? So they are nearly one thing? I specifically took a Virtue to enable that for Sophie (Dark Magic). But if she already has that benefit, then the Virtue isn't doing anything for her (she won't be actively doing her stuff in Infernal Auras).

There will be less differentiation in this game, yes. You can change the virtue, no problem. This is also in the house rules, basically because I do not agree much with the 5th edition rules here, but above all because I am not confident to be able to make things work well with the whole vitality thing of faeries, so I prefer to blur the line and play it loosely. Hope that is OK. If you want to go deeper into the whole 5th edition faerie description and vitality I am more than willing to help you and would encourage you to do so, but you will need to be the lead player here since I am not sure I can do a good job here without your help.

In that sense I also expect story flaws to be played out by the players. It eases A LOT the job of the GM when players help him by dropping hints about their story flaws, or even suggest adventures due to their flaws.

I was unable to find Dark Magic it in the V&F index. Where is it?

Cheers,
Xavi

F&F p.29 box

You can drop it and take something else

Adding some Pentagrams (that cast lightning bolts) in the doors and ceiling of the strong room. Aline's vaults will remain a mystery for now.