Typhannie de Verditius

approved and ready to join the tribunal meeting

Two Magical Items for your consideration (Both are Lesser Devices)

Fog's Cloak - Lesser Device
Creator: Typhannie
Effect Name: Air's Ghostly Form;
Effect Level: 11;
Effect Details: R: Touch, D: Diam, T: Ind, Frequency: 6/day; Arts: CrAu 5; (Design: Base 3, +1 Diam, +1 Touch) (Only works for Typhannie)
This soft cloth cloak has images of clouds embroidered at it's hem. When Typhannie wraps the cloak tight around her, a fog forms around her to a distance of a few paces, obscuring her,

Staff of the Thrown Assailant - Lesser Device
Creator: Typhannie
Effect Name: Broom of the Winds;
Effect Level: 25;
Effect Details: R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Ind, Frequency: 6/day, Penetration: 14; Arts: CrAu 15; Design: Base 5, +2 Voice)
Cut for a branch that was felled by lightning, this staff seems too brittle to hold, and yet it does. When she points it at a target, and yells "Begone!" in Latin, there's a rush of strong winds that seek to uproot the target. The target must make a Size stress roll of 9+ to remain standing. If he is braced or holding some support he can also make a Strength stress roll of 9+. If both fail, he is knocked in a random direction.

These both look good.

A general question.
How do we simulate the familiar's progression? Does it gain a set XP per year? per season?

advance per season according to activities

What would that mean for seasons where she read Summae? Can it Practice Magic Theory (SQ 4?)
Can it Explore the area?
I don't suppose it can go on an Adventure on its own...

If the familiar goes on an adventure, especially as a magical animal companion, the magus tends to be dragged along.
practice is definitely a possibility.
When did you bind your familiar? Looking at my sheet you have spent your time post gauntlet outside of the lab...

I deducted one Season for finding the owl, one Season of Binding the Familiar, 1 Season to open the Fan for enchantment, and one Season to Invest the first power in the fan.

okay, I see it now, I believe...

I added the stats for the owl, building it according to the rules from HoH:MC.

Becoming a familiar his cunning becomes intelligence and he gains all the language abilities (but not the power of speech) that Typhannie has.

Adjusted

Winter 1206- 73+14=87, not 89

1 Like

Fixed that.

Am considering having her undergo the initiation for Enchant Casting Tools, if possible.

That would certainly be possible, heck Verdi isn't that far away.. I'll need to come up with the initiation though... use the initiation in the book...

So she takes a season to undergo the Initiation, gaining the Virtue and Flaw?

She will, from how I read it, also need to remake her casting tools, but fundamentally yes.

Yes, remake them several times.

How good of a woodworking teacher might she be able to find to study from?

That depends on how far she is willing to travel and what she is willing to pay. there is an Abiete currently in malta whose woodworking craft is 7+2, though he is only slightly better at teaching than training.

Depends on his asking price.

Also, if I understand correctly, the Verditius Magic applies to any and all Craft skills, so would it be easier/cheaper to find a clothiery to study from? With what she learned so far, am considering her to study how to make dresses, and then make a dress as her Talisman, though i can't find any Shape and Material bonuses for Dress or Silk material.