Valentin Belyea of Mercere

Looking at Valentin, I think he may well coordinate well with Adeline. I think if she invites him to work with her in her lab and assists him there, he could invent level-60 rituals in just two seasons apiece. Her assistance alone would probably get it close to two seasons, and her lab will be overkill on two seasons.

Also, there is going to be the issue of Valentin being lecherous and Adeline being gorgeous (Envied Beauty Flaw - like Helen of Troy), along with Valentin knowing how to be irresistible.

I don't know how good your lab is. But in my lab it would take up 2.15 seasons to invent the +5 mental stat version (once I boost you up to being magus level intelligence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

We would need +1 to our combined lab total to finish it in 2 seasons. Overtime for the first season would close the gap out, so all is good.

That +11 for knowing the +4 int spell really helps.

I'm finishing up my extra years. I expect to end with this:

Int +2, Magic Theory 6 (plus 1 more for specialty), Cyclic Magic +3 (so long as it's not nocturnal), for +12. Meanwhile, I expect my lab to end with a bonus of around +12 for spells.

I didn't think Cyclic Magic would apply to Assisting in the Lab.

Red Rule. Sexyness being an issue needs to be consensual between PC's. But generally speaking Valentine would typically bang a female lab assistant and she would love it, huzza Blessing of Venus!

Virtues apply if they're applicable normally. So both her Cyclic Magics would apply. For daytime work that's +3, and for nighttime work that's -3.

Meant to ask you about that, is there errata on Cyclic Magic Virtue? It specifically states that the bonus to Lab work only applies “if the positive part of the cycle covers the whole season “. Night time is not the whole of any season except in some faerie regio somewhere, one imagines. So I don’t see how it being cyclical: Daytime/Nighttime can grant you any bonus to Lab Work at all. Bit lost on that interpretation.

Oops. No, that's my huge mistake. Ugh. First time trying Cyclic Magic and I botched. Not sure if I want to try spring/summer v. autumn/winter or just go a whole other route now...

Just a note with Seven League Stride we can get from our covenant to the town of Caen in one cast. The description says we are 20 miles out of town. I have a version of it i invented so I can copy the lab text, it has one quirk it always makes you face the backwards. It seems useful to be able to shupe into town at will. Invisibility or flight are always good options when long distance teleporting.

I only just read when I made my post that extending your Parma takes consent. I assume I can do a touch spell that compels that consent? There is no "of their own free will" clause like with the Familiar bond or anything.

You could absolutely compel willingness with a Touch spell, but I have to read up on that just to make sure. Be aware that using compulsion like that on a Redcap - or any other member of the order - is a crime against the order and carries some significant punishment.

Sure, but a Redcap knows what I want to do and reasonably would give knowing consent. It seems like extending Parma to Redcaps at group functions would be expected (especially by member of their house) similarly to how you have to extend your parma to your apprentices.

Magi don't need the protection, but if they did they could give consent.

Spells tend to be specific (like the voice spell that compels someone to look you in the eye) so such a spell would reasonably be specifically "Give consent to allow me to extend my Parma" unless I included flexibility mags.

I would also want to have it as formulaic so I can cast it still and silently as part of a handshake or back slap (or high five I guess...).