Vanilla covenant project complete

Slowly advancing the criamon... Post 30 years now.
Trying to stick as close to the corebook as I can: 30XP per year, no mystery, no guideline from later supplement... It's hard! :laughing:

Slowly doing Fidelus the Bonisagus too. Just ended apprenticeship. Getting a flavor at gauntlet, that can progress to the flavour at gameplay ~70 years later is a good challenge.

I ping'ed an email via the forums to themanfromouterspace with feedback and questions. Did you see that one?

@ ironboundtome

Have sent a PM to you, please read it, will you?

I just finished the Criamon. I'll copy-paste here what I put on Timothy's blog:

Hi!

Finally completed Antigone. Not totally satisfied (I did her in one go, so there are some things I’d do differently), but for what it’s worth (that is, better than nothing), here she is, 75 years PG :slight_smile:

Barring any error, since this is a project for beginners, I did her using only virtues, flaws and spell guidelines from the corebook. There are some references in her custom spells to HoH: MC, but these can be ignored.

The file includes:

• A pdf character sheet
  • A resume of her spells (CT, range, duration…)
  • The description of her custom spells
  • Her metacreator file.

dropbox.com/s/rksd0jv9udcer7m/Antigone.zip

Hi, me again. I realized I had left a few things out.

Her Minor Focus in Controlling Minds: I used my easy method for minor foci, which is to take roughly a Technique (Rego), and to add to it a subset of a form (Mentem).
As such, it only applies to those spells that allow her to directly control a mind, to give orders. It doesn’t affect emotions, as an example. Going back, I should maybe have done the reverse.

Regarding spells: With one exception, about at 30 years pg, I assumed she developed all her spells without a lab text, which makes her somewhat under-powered compared to what she should be, yet still ahead of a standard “elder” ars magica magus.

Regarding her world view, and how it affects her spells: She holds thinks that time doesn’t exist, or rather is an illusion that imprisons people. To her, everything is still the spharios, which means everything is still one: people, places… are the same, we are just confused into believing otherwise. It follows that individuality, and space, all that we perceive, are also illusions. Everything is all but one.

Through her spells, she seeks to demonstrate that. To her, when she uses magic to scry, she doesn’t look at another place, she just ignores the illusion that is distance, or has her future self remind her present self of something she learned. When she controls minds, she doesn’t impose her will over someone: Her target’s thoughts and hers are just reminded that they are the same. Any act of magic is not imposing your will over the world, but you doing something with your “body”.
Likewise, illusions are a tool to demonstrate that the physical world, although appearing more real, is still a lie, a better one at best. In a way, even her Curse of the Silent Ghost serves to blur the boundaries, making the target no different than a illusion of Touch. Likewise, ghosts and spirits show that thought and intent can exist without a physical body.
So I picture her as having her sanctum layered in illusions, which she changes from time to time, with ghosts and spirits bound through Voices from Hollow Spaces, to which she speaks and discusses her ideas. Entering her sanctum should thus be a strange experience, as one doesn’t know what is real or not.

Hope this helps, and will be useful to someone :smiley:

Thank you a lot, The Fixer. Antigone of Criamon being included into "The Tome of Covenants" .pdf file.