VOTE HERE! Ars Academy Awards Tonight?

Best Covenant

I'm dropping the category as no two persons nominated the same! The nominations were --

Mistridge, Fengheld, Lycaneon, Trimaore, Ashenrise, Crintera, Florum, Durenmar, Scholomance, Waddensee, Cave of the Twisting Shadows, Circulus Ruber, Doissetep, Via Munitus.

Too tired to do the rest tonight. Will have to wait till tomorrow! Voting will open as soon as I have finished sorting the site.

cj x

Nominations for Best Author

• Erik Dahl
  • Timothy Ferguson
  • Chris Jensen Romer
  • Mark Lawford
  • Mark Shirley

There were many others, but each of these received five or more nominations. The absence of Matt Ryan from this list has to count as one of the strangest things I have seen, and I have seen some strange things. He really is an incredible author, and ten times better than me. He was just outside the nominees, as was Richard Love (both four nominations), and a number of others had three or two. :frowning: I did consider expanding the list to seven, or dropping my nomination, but in the end I decided to stick to the rules.

A pretty clean sweep for the dragons, then...

So, what's the link for voting? And the time frame?

Hard to believe that Ken Cliffe is still so popular :smiley:

So much fifth edition. I'm very surprised not to see more 3rd and fourth edition cover art. We haven't even seen the full size Hooks cover yet.

I couldn't answer that question. Where is the covenants project? What is it? Do you have a link? (Did I just torpedo my chances for favorite forum poster by exposing excessive ignorance?)

We have to just choose one from that list? That's not at all easy

I'm going to have to go and read Varnos the fire Drake I don't remember her/him.

David should feel pretty good about this list. There was a lot of love for the grand vision of Dragon and the Bear and the production values of Lion of the North. That work he headed has surpassed these books in the hearts of the fan base is a testament to the quality of his leadership (or perhaps evidence that we've lost a lot of the old fans who were familiar with the earlier material, let's hope it's the former.)

LOL. True. :laughing:

the problem with authors is that there are so many great ones that it is difficult to chose only 3 of them!

The Covenant project is only finished one third (Timothy's) so no surprise it is not over. Mine and Arthur's are still on the works! Next time we will step in and roll over all opposition!! shakes fist in defance :mrgreen:

THere will be a special site for the voting and it will go live tonight and be open for a week.

Open for a week = good - I'll probably be offline tomorrow :-/

So is the voting site opening up anytime soon? Or did it open without any note here and has already closed? What is the story?

Illness and a friend's wedding took me away from the pc for a week. I'll be on the case in the morning.

And we really appreciate your time and efforts cj! No biggie :slight_smile: Thanks for putting this up.