Swim (0) + Strength (-1) = -1
Order of Hermes Lore (2) + Intelligence (1) = +3
Magic Sensitivity + Perception (N/A)
Premonitions + Perception (N/A)
Second Sight + Perception (N/A)
Sense Holy/Unholy + Perception (N/A)
Wilderness Sense + Perception (N/A)

Athletics: 3(Ath)+2(Str)=+5
Awareness: 3(Aware)+3(Perc)=+6 (+9 w/Keen Sense of Smell)
Stealth : 0(Stealth)+1(Dex)=+1
Swim: 0(Swim)+2(Str)=+2
Magic Lore: 1(Lore)+3(Int)=+4
Nestor Lore: 2(Lore)+3(Int)=+5
Magic Sensitivity N/A
Premonitions N/A
Second Sight: 1(Sight)+ 3(Perception)=+4
Sense Holy N/A
Wilderness Sense N/A

Erro will glance at Attavere, then study the balcony he's indicated. "If you wish. Though Lilian and the Lady in the Mail mentioned a Flambeau being around. I do not mind making way for a true warrior first if one is available." Erro will look around the tower and courtyard. "Maybe we can see what we are getting into before we get into it though." ((Are there any birds perched on the tower or around about?))

Athletics(0) + Strength(-2) = -2
Perception(+2) + Awareness(0) = +2
Stealth(0) + Dexterity(0) = 0
Swim(0) + Strength(-2) = -2
Intelligence(+3) + Order of Hermes Lore(1) = +4
Magic Sensitivity + Perception (N/A)
Premonitions + Perception (N/A)
Second Sight + Perception (N/A)
Sense Holy/Unholy + Perception (N/A)
Wilderness Sense + Perception (N/A)

[i]((Rhodri's totals:

Athletics + Strength: 1+2=3 (specialty: running)
Perception + Awareness: 2+2=4 (specialty: alertness)
Stealth + Dexterity: 1+1=2 - armor penalty (specialty: natural areas)
Swim + Strength: 1+2=3 (specialty: not drowning)
Intelligence + (any Lore skills you may possess)
Faerie Lore: 1+4=5 (specialty: Wales)
OoH: 1+4=5 (specialty: Stonehenge Tribunal)
House Verditius: 1+4=5 (specialty: members)
Second Sight + Perception: 2+2=4 (specialty: invisible things)

Quickness+Brawl for dodging? Perception+Magic Theory for identifying spells? Magic resistance?))[/i]

Rhodri, having returned in his armor and bearing his weapons - most of which are probably better than most of you have seen, excepting the faerie lady's armor - glares at Erro when he makes his comment. "Yes, one is available."

((How does Rhodri intend to secure the rope? And what effect will Attravere use to send up Erro?))

((Attravere said he could send everyone else up, and the rope's not long enough and hard to secure, so we abandoned the rope idea.))

Rhodri speaks with Attravere to be clear about where Rhodri and the other will arrive to avoid a collision. When Attravere is ready, Rhodri will use Wizard's Leap to get up there. ((No roll needed between Spell Mastery and the aura here.))

[i]((Oh, I thought you were planning to magic the rope up there. Remember, there are four different balconies, each facing the four cardinal directions.

Also, I missed Erro's question previously-- there aren't any birds currently perched anywhere on the tower, but there are plenty of egrets in the marsh; you could easily arrange for one to fly up to a balcony.))[/i]

"My apologies. I did not know that until now."

((Erro will go ahead and try to get one or two of the birds up. Couldn't hurt. Might help. He'll cast Doublet of Impenetrable Silk on hilmself and catch up his staff))

To Attavere "Ready when you are"

((Erro's Animal Ken rolls a 4 + 0 Com + 2 Animal Ken. That's sufficient to get an egret to fly up to the balcony. It perches there for a minute, then flies back down. Erro's Perception is better than his Communication, so he gets a sense of boredom from the bird, before it flaps away to the marsh in search of breakfast.))

If Attravere noticed Erro perform the casting of Doublet, he'd ask if Erro might perform such a casting for the rest of the covenantmates as well. While Rhodri is preparing his spell and likely checking over his gear, Attravere will briefly mention the 'issues' that were had with 'the flambeau'. Once Rhodri reaches the balcony Attravere will spont a Rego Corpus ((Target level 25 for transporting up to 50 paces, touch, ind - CT: (57 + die) / 2)) on Erro to send him there.

After the first casting and assuming no botches, Attravere turns to Tabanus & Elysante, "Hrm, that was more taxing than I had thought. It may take me a little longer to send each of us up than expected. If you could help me rest - a quick exchange of energy, I could send each of us up sooner."

((You don't have that kind of time. Rhodri's "climb" is via Wizard's Leap. He will wait until Attravere is ready, though.))

Attravere doesn't botch, and Erro can cast Doublet on everyone without botching, should he choose to do so. Rhodri successfully casts his Wizard's Leap (wasting a fantastic stress roll, btw).

Erro and Rhodri appear on the eastern and southern balconies, respectively, within a moment of each other.

Once on the balconies, they can see within: the whole floor is walled in crystal (actually, Rhodri recognizes the diffraction pattern-- someone spent a lot of vis creating this tower because the whole level is solid, polished diamond). The chamber within is grand and airy. At the center of the octagonal room is a massive brazier with an enormous roaring flame within (though it seems to shed less heat than a fire of that size). The lab equipment is meticulously organized and seems to be extremely high quality. There is a spiral staircase at the northwest side of the room leading up to the teaching gallery and further up to the roof; another spiral staircase at the southeast leads down. The diamond ceiling offers an unimpeded view of the sky above.

Both magi notice the flame at the center of the brazier has two pinpoints of a blue light that resemble eyes; it seems to be blinking and looking warily between the two of you. Erro also catches a whiff of ozone, and the scent is quickly moving toward Rhodri.

Rhodri draws his sword while saying in Latin "We come in peace, but we will destroy you if you force us to."

((I believe we were aiming to ensure that there was enough space on a balcony that the Magi could show up at the same one together.))

If permission is granted by Tabanus/Elysante, Attravere will cast Exchange of Vigor on Tabanus and then send him up in the same manner as Erro (to a slightly different spot on the balcony), then the same with Elysante. If they're wary of such a casting then Attravere will wait the pair of minutes to recover his fatigue before sending each up. Then he joins them via a formulaic.

Rhodri gets a blast of freezing cold air from within ((lose one Fatigue level)) and hears some kind of unintelligible hissing. Erro recognizes this hissing as Gaelic: "You stink of the deep places, foul human. I will savour your death."

Do either Tabanus or Elysante agree to an Exchange of Vigor with Attravere?

((Oh, boy!!! This guy's got some great penetration! Yikes!))

Rhodri will take a swing at the being. He briefly considers what he'll do if his sword proves ineffective.

((Not necessarily; it only has to penetrate if it's targetting you directly with a magical effect. You can't see it-- you don't even catch a glimmer of anything with Second Sight. I rolled a simple Intelligence check for you, since you don't have any Magic Lore: if it is an elemental being of Auram, you're pretty sure that air can't be cut; with no magic lore you don't know anything about how it might be able to control its own element, or how it would interact with Resistance.))

A bit reluctantly Elysante will let Attravere cast Exchange of Vigor on her and then let him transport her up to the balconies with the others.
She will be passive if there is battle, trying to hide or get away from danger.

"Looks like I will need some help up here!" Knowing there isn't much else he can do up here, Rhodri defends himself, expecting to get struck once more, taking the blow for his fellow magi. Then he'll head back down via Wizard's Leap.