Winter 1221, Chapter 4b, Part Deux: A Nice MLT

Sinmore starts looking more concerned. "I...I don't even have a sanctum. I've been staying in guest quarters until I fully join the Covenant. Maybe warding would work best..?"

"Got any ideas for a private spot to try and ward you?"
Soprhonia racks her mind, too: Area Lore: Galus Florensis 1 +int 2 + die roll of 2=5.

Meh, you can't think of anything.

(Thank g-d you rolled badly. Because I can't think of anything either :p)

Sinmore shakes her head. "I can't think of anything, maybe we get away from here and start woking on the ring?"

"Is there a private room you know of in the lighthouse?"

Sinmore's panicked brain tries to recall what she knows of the light house. "A...a-uh...well no one goes into the top floors, I don't know what happened though. Some say it has magical traps or something in it and I believe a magus formerly lived there. I don't know if it will be safe or not."

What does Soprhonia remember about the lighthouse? Int 2 + Area Lore: Gallus Florensis 1 + die roll of 6=9.

Aislinn and Justinius inhabit the top three floors. The rest of it holds council chambers, library, guest lab, and general covenant use. Oh, and Lamentus' sanctum.

((Doh! For some reason I wasn't getting that they were in the lighthouse. And I'm fast running out of ideas.))

Is there a tree where Sophronia can climb up pretty high. Or at least ReCo herself up fairly high and find a good resting spot? Awareness : Per 2 + Awareness 2 + die roll of 9=13.

(Yup; the tower's top floor is walled in thick, heavy glass; a big fire elemental in Aislinn's lab is actually the "light" :p)

Sophronia isn't exactly tree climbing material, but she can Rego her Corpus without straining herself so long as she does it slowly. She doesn't see anything promising-- all the buildings are inhabited, and the grounds are marshy.

Attravere told you he's been living in Maribus' sanctum; perhaps he could provide you with one of his pater's boats? Unless, of course, the beast can swim.

You could try to co-opt the corgi den, which was a small cave-- you had to stoop to get inside, so it might not be big enough.

If you trust the faith, you could put her inside the small Orthodox chapel. It's made of stone, and if she wrecks it, well, Alpha and his men can just rebuild another. Again.

The Mercere Portal leads to Durenmar; there's lots of caves in the Black Forest. Of course, the Bonisagi might be pissed if you send them a ravening, slavering werebeast.

Sophronia checks off her options, wild animal on a boat. A lot of animals can swim, probably not a good idea. Second option is the corgi den that Sophronia had trouble fitting in. She gives Sinnmore an appraising look and then shakes her head. The Mercere Portal going elsewhere has a cost to it, and then she has to find a cave in an unfamiliar landscape in short time. Not a good idea. The last idea is the Church Alpha and his team constructed.

Trust the faith is just that, a lot of trust. Very well, she'll ask Sinnmore to follow her.
When they get to to the church, are the sodaltes nearby? Is there a divine aura here, by any chance?

No Divine Aura at the Orthodox chapel. There is almost assuredly going to be at least a small Divine aura in Chayyim's home (where the infirmary is) due to Shabbat services there every Friday night.

The soldates built their barracks about ten yards from the chapel, and since dusk is approaching they are out in their yard, stretching in preparation for their evening drills. So yes, they are near.

Sinmore seems confused when they arrive at the church. "Uh...is this going to work? I mean, I'm not Christian, my Pater was and had me baptized...but uh...well..." she leans down and whispers to Sophronia. "I'm half giant, but my pater often said he took me from the lands of Muspelheim. Some think that's Hell, but that's nonsense. My pater was quite a braggart also, so I have no idea if it's true or not..." she pauses and looks at Sophronia again. "Am I babbling?"

"I don't have any other options on short notice, and you haven't come up with anything else. I don't get the sense of a Divine aura here, so I can probably scribe a circle and work. However, it is large enough to possibly keep you contained, and I could scrbe a circle on the outside of the church, adding a ward."

A youthful, vigorous looking man comes out to greet the two magae as they stand talking. "Welcome to this place of worship, children," he says with a faint Eastern accent. "I am Father Alexander. Have you come for guidance or for worship?"

Sinmore is wringing her hands with indecision as the young man comes out to greet them. "I..." she looks over to Sophronia "I need help!" she finally stammers. "What do I say?"

(For timeframe, the moon will rise in about 20 minutes. Sinmore is starting to feel an irresistible need to be outdoors, looking at the sky.)

((Can we make it an hour or two? I had asked two times how much time Sophronia might have...))

(You had most of the day, but spent quite some time wandering all over covenant grounds. And Chapter 5 is starting tomorrow.)