yearly planning chart

okay, I missed the affinity aspect, you can share with your apprentice since you are in the same space, it just requires 2 bookmarks (and presumably late nights by the apprentice reading while his master sleeps.)

I like this, the Nocturnal apprentice reads the same book his master is perusing, at odd hours, and probably unbeknown to him. This seems very appropriate, so let's go for this, let's pretend that this was a free season, and this is how we discover Neleos's affinity with Perdo: Andros will assign another fake subject to Neleos Teaching Season, which will be changed to Perdo, once Andros discovers his apprentice's furtive reading, and this leads to discovering his great affinity (although with a weird ass flaw) with this Technique.

raccoonmask, Gloriana has planned a little bit ahead, so you can also plan for Mercurio (note that even when not needed, he has 2 seasons/year of work, so this may be in the Lab or elsewhere):
For 1139 she does not need Mercurio in the Lab, she reserves the right to call on him if she has to go on adventures.
For 1140, she has an adventure in the Fall, she will most certainly invite him, she requires his aid in the Lab in Winter.
For 1141, she requires his aid in the Lab in Winter.
For 1142, she requires his aid in the Lab in Winter.
For, 1143, she requires his aid in the Lab in the Fall (experiment), maybe in Winter (if she luckily needs to stabilize).
For, 1144, she requires his aid in the Lab in the Summer, in the Fall (experiment), and maybe in Winter (if she luckily needs to stabilize).

The conclusion at this point as Lucio understands it is that Mercurio is the propery of the maga and his duties should not be interfered with. As such any season he is not serving as her lab assistant (or adventuring) he is free to do as he wishes.
As suggestion, Marcus is teaching magic theory in the summer and scribe in the fall, while Prosperina is teaching Hyperborean in the summer, where Mentor is teaching philosophae.

My current assumption is that any time Gloriana doesn't have specific seasons set aside for required aid, Mercurio still spends his 'work time' restocking supplies, searching for particular needed components, cleaning up and being otherwise useful.

That's fine, I was trying to get the plans for 1139 finalized and only had Mercurio left.

BTW, you have put his plans as "teaching magic theory" instead of "class magic theory" but I don't think Mercurio is doing the teaching...

Silveroak, Re: Neleos
I realized my planned reading project got disappeared at some point during the re-shuffling of Neleos's Perdo reading. I've grabbed a random Art book Neleos hadn't studied yet for his unassigned free season to fill the empty space, but if you want something else I'll go back and fix that.

It was available, so that is fine

QPaC the two classes of corpus in 1139 don't make too much sense, do they? Bravery is at 8(6), so with 9(6) there is not much left for Anna to teach her first born...

Hmm... I must have messed something up. What about Aurum classes instead? Silveroak, comments?

looking at the histories both in teh spreadsheet and character advancement I will allow the switch to aurum here- a large part of teh confusion is the character being taken over and adapted mid-year.

How is non one-on-one teaching organized? E.g. I have seen Markus teaching MT in Summer 1139, which should have a higher source quality than the MT class that Bravery will have in Fall 1140 with his mother...

1. Magi and companions may request classes. Magi get private classes, companions get classes anyone can join. Teachers will work 2 seasons a year, and have 2 seasons "free"
  2. if they have been assigned less than 2 seasons a year the teachers will collectively set their own class schedules with the remaining time.
  3. If you see a class that isn't for a magi, then anyone can join in.

there has been an ongoing attempt to aid the litteracy of the covenant by ensuring there are classes in Latin and scribe every year.

Where are classes requested? (Not that Bravery can request one yet) Are they tracked somewhere in the wiki or should I match a "class" entry in one of the trainer columns with someone having "learn from ..." in the planning spreadsheet?

the requests are placed on the teacher's schedule in the spreadsheet. Bravery may request classes as per a companion, but if his mother requests them for him they are treated as a magus request.

On that note, silveroak, I've put some social-teacher requests down for Mercurio (noted as Req: Class (Mercurio) ) but if there's a better format for non-finalized requests (mages haven't declared yet) please inform me.
Similarly, Ignes.Festivus, for Neleos I filled out some books he wants to read with (in parentheses) but you clearly get to finalize his schedule. He is turning 18 now and is becoming more and more interested in his own studies.
And Mercurio is probably trying to spend more and more time seducing Sybilla, though luckily its all in his personal time and not in the lab. :wink:

Ooohhh good idea about learning from Markus. I've had Anna request a MT class from him instead of teaching one herself. Its free if anyone wants to join, since she wants to bring the whole family along. In particular Fang and Bravery need MT and once they are taking lessons adding more people doesn't hurt!

Are we using Lecture Notes from Art and Academe?

yes, if anyone assigns a scribe to cover the lecture.

at this point for 1140 we are waiting on Danae, Lady A, Sybilla, and Sandor.

Could someone give a reference on lecture notes? I can't find them in the book.