yearly planning chart

Silveroak, could you add places for Osias and Davos in the big spreadsheet? It looks like they have at least tentative approval from the players.

Hi raccoonmask!

For 1144, Gloriana does not require Mercurio's aid except in Summer (vis extraction), his other working season will be for the Covenant.

For 1144, Osias should adventure to seek an apprentice. Should I roll for adventure type or choose? I could see some fitting settings:

• Osias heard rumors of a promising young child in the sphere of influence of her former covenant. She definitely doesn't want to leave the kid to her former sodales. Either criminal/spy or legal/diplomatic depending on how this gets approached.
  • Osias meets Antonio in the woods, while she searches for herbs (outdoor)
  • Osias sees Antonio during travel and convinces the parents to let him go (social) or buys him free (commercial)
    But could probably come up with a story for a random setting as well.

simply put the plans for the adventure in the spreadsheet, I will roll the adventure type.

Hi Quite Possibly a Cat!

for 1144 Aurthor wants Raz to take classes on Latin and Artes Liberales with Prosperina during Spring and Summer.

QPaC do you mind if I put the wished activities by Aurthor directly in the Raz's column of the planning chart? Or do you prefer I post here year by year?

silveroak Aurthor requests to Lucio that Raz will be the only student of Prosperina for that seasons, unless there are other apprentices or magi interested. I hope I'm not late for this request but I was waiting for the definitive "assignments" of the newcomers.

Ok, great. I'll put an adventure to all seasons, in case Osias doesn't succeed. She stops adventuring 1144 as soon as she found Antonio though. Ok?

it shouldn't take more than one season of adventure to find an apprentice, as that is a single award. You might want to put other seasons towards things like opening the apprentice, or building a lab...

Are adventures taking full seasons in general?
I currently have lab first season (+adventure), lab second season, opening arts and teaching inventive genius (have to calculate SQ though) for 1144.

Adventures are rolled by silveroak, and can have very random results. Most players tend to risk 1 adventure here and there when doing lab work so that they have a chance of earning adventure xp/Confidence/rewards, rather than just exposure xp. Note that you can miss up to 10 days of the season with no penalty, and after that it's a -2 penalty/day missed to Lab Total. Since setting up a Lab does not require a Lab Total, you can adventure for up to 20 days and be all right; there's also a Reward you can choose multiple times for an adventure that reduces by 1 the days that it takes to resolve.
It's a gamble! An adventure with diff 6 (easy!) and 2 cycles is pretty common, but diff 9 is also rolled often; let's see, the most difficult one rolled, I believe, was a 24 difficulty (yikes!), there have been multiple 21s and 18s. Of note, each missed roll adds 1 to time spent on adventure, and each botch a further 1 (and it's also a miss), and multiple missed rolls lead to Losses rather than Rewards. You get to see the first cycle type before you choose grogs/invite others to join, but actual number of cycles and difficulty (and their nature) is always a surprise.

*forgot to add, remember that, from Core, Lab work seasons with 21 or more days lost are a wash.

Can Sammas ask Mentor to teach him Latin in Winter 1144, or if more appropriate can he ask Davos to ask Mentor? Mentor currently due to attend a teaching class in Winter 1144.

Hi!

Was looking at the Google chart, Sammas can perhaps preempt the Summer Scribe class Mentor was teaching, as Magi and Apprentices have priority? Grogs work 2 seasons, and one of his work seasons is teaching Philosophiae to Sammas in Fall. Maybe the SG won't be thrilled, as silveroak would then have to go over and fill those spots of the people who were attending that class with something else, but it's certainly a possibility.

it would be easier to replace the philosophae class than the scribe class, but I expect I will be making a few reassignments this year anyways due to lab construction...

Sergio, as a companion, cannot insert himself into an apprentice's private instruction.

Ok, will fix.

Leaf will need to change his study plans, as Byron has been assigned to preparing a guest lab in lieu f his regular scribing duties in 1144.
Sabbas needs to decide on a winter activity
Neleos needs to decide on a summer activity
Mercurio needs to decide on a spring and winter activity

Did Sabbas get a response from Mentor to teach him Latin in Winter 1144?

ouch, but yes

Sorry for my delays, I'm all caught up. For some reason I mixed up the current year with the coming year, because I'm a dumb.

A few notes- Sandor, you have a war in the sprng, so no time then for personal quests
Similary, Sergio, you cannot decide to launch a quest in a work season. However, like Danae, your work is dangerous enough that there is a chance of adventure interrupting the work.

:smiley: That's ok, I forgot there was a war! Little out of it, these days. On to crushing [strike]his[/strike] Roger's enemies, to see them driven before him, hearing the lamentations of their women, etc!