yearly planning chart

sometimes the actual SQ and listed SQ are not the same- those with book learner for example might list a SQ 3 higher, or if you will reach the level limit of the book it might be lower that season.

Yeah... the book is L5Q20 on the wiki

However the planning sheet lists him at reading "The Deft Spellcaster L5 Q15", when it should be L5 Q20+3, and adding the 46 xp wouldn't push him to the limit of the book, but just a bit under it.

Although I understand Danae is not particularly caring of normal Magi, if the Mythic Redcap has any plans to adventure and expand her Sihr magic coming up, Aurthor would gladly offer to assist her, in return for all she's done for the Covenant. (And because he will get to study her foreign magic. And he can stare at her butt.)

Lecherous strikes again! :smiling_imp: Danaë is always interested in helping others unlock their true heroic potential, even if she has to wiggle her derriere to do it!
To accompany her on her Jinn Quests, I would recommend having some sort of travel (flight) spell/item; to find jinn and be back in a reasonable period of time, she usually travels by flying alongside the Mediterranean coasts.

Of note: the Covenant recently acquired Hedge Tradition allies (looks like it will be Folk Witches), so that there's fertile ground for Comprehend Magic.

Currently working on updating Aurthor and Mercurio through 119. Pondering the ability to get a flying device to join Danae on an adventure... A spell for sun duration flight would be 15 Base (at good speed) and +2 duration.. so 25... And then this is when I realize Aurthor has Creative Block AND Inventive Genius. His lab totals come to 41, or 45 if he's experimenting... So that could be a terrible idea. Or brilliant. Maybe I should have him look into crafting a magical flying throne to ride around on...
EDIT: If I am able to fly around slowly the base becomes 5, which is pretty reasonable to get a 15 total spell level.
EDIT2: If Lifting the Dangling Puppet counts for Similar Spells bonus, I'd get +3 from that.

Looking at updating Mercurio's numbers, finally. if someone could confirm my numbers for me: Mentor is teaching a Artes class in Spring 1118 (20xp) and Scribe(20xp) in Fall; Mentor is teaching in the same seasons in 1119 (21xp?)

Looked over Mentor, for 1120 he's reached 21 SQ, for a couple of years previous (1118-1119) was 20 I believe. Mercurio studied under Markus for 1118 (20SQ, split his xp with Artes Liberales and Latin), and 1119 Mentor (SQ 20) x2 it looks like. Looks like Mentor switched around seasons of Teaching and his study in 1120, he's taking classes with Markus on Scribe and Magic Theory.

One particular note: the companion Lady Agniezka is a Failed Apprentice, she can actually help Magi in the lab, and she currently provides a hefty +14 bonus. If a magus were not too obnoxious, and not embarked on zombie conquest of the planet Earth she can usually leave 1 season/year open to help. A pawn of vis, or solid future considerations might convince her to do so, she has been helping Andros often, who is the only one that has availed himself of her aid. In exchange she got a LR, and promises for a LR for her husband.

And another thing: the library has a copy of "Mercury's Winged Sandals" [ReCo 20] R: Personal, D: Concentration, T: Individual ; while a C duration flight spell is risky, combining this with a ReVi spell like "Sustaining the Demanding Spell" with a long duration can be just dandy.

Clearly the answer is for Author to spend the entire season in the lab with a woman... yes... ER, I mean.. Her help would put him at 55 lab total, I think.. which would do the faster flying spell in one season. He has a fair amount of vis and would spare her a pawn, unless there's some other consideration she's looking for. A noble lady putting up with Aurthor in close proximity probably takes some effort of will.

I have added Eumelia and Callisthenes to the spreadsheet.

Cal needs to learn Artes and Latin. Is any of the academic instructors free to do that in 1120?

I'm leaving Eumelia in silveroak's hands but she may have to get installed properly at the covenant.

Mentor and Prosperina are teaching each 2 classes of Latin per year in 1220, so there are classes. If you wish for private classes, you'd have to preempt one of those probably, Apprentices/Magi get priority anyway, but I guess the rest of the characters who might have been scheduled for that might give you the evil eye (including the Companions-in Training :slight_smile: ) Whenever we get to a new year, silveroak waits a bit to fill out the chart, so that players can get to dictate priorities.

Is there a rule that you need to have at least Artes Lib 1 before studying any other academic abilities, like Latin for example. I mean Cal is illiterate. :slight_smile:
He only speaks French so I guess Prosperina is a better teacher for him than Mentor right now.

Of course Eumelia could start teaching him the basics as well for one season.

you have to have artes liberals in order to read or write, but not to take classes. If you are taking classes in Latin you may divert up to half your experience into artes liberals or teaching. If you are taking classes in another subject you may divert up to half the experience into either Latin or teaching. Please note that lessons from the social instructor do not follow these rules as they have neither Latin nor artes liberals amongst their abilities.

In case anyone missed the link on the first page:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

those who are taking over characters, please get this filled out soon so we can proceed with advancement. New characters can have delayed start dates as they are approved.

Reviewing Giovanni past seasons in the wiki I don't understand the teaching SQ of Taurus, my calculations:

2 (Communication) + 10 (Teaching with apprentices specialty) + 3 + 6 (Single student)+ 5 (Good teacher)+ 5 (Apt student)= 31

35 if we can use the teaching laboratory, but I'm greedy here, I assume Bjorner magi prefer teach their cult secrets in the wild.

Why in 1118 I read "50xp in Organisation Lore:House Bjornaer from Taurus (including apt student)" for a SQ of 25 (2 seasons of teaching)?

Hi leo!

I don't see Good Teacher on Taurus's sheet. His teaching total for Giovanni as far as I can tell, is 2 (Communication) + 10 (Teaching with apprentices specialty) + 3 + 6 (Single student) + 5 (Giovanni's Apt student) + 3 Lab (Lesser feature Throne + Palatial, our Taurus is into comfy chairs :stuck_out_tongue: ) = 29.

He reached that Teaching skill level just prior to teaching Giovanni all that House B. Lore, so yeah, he's definitely missing some points here and there, 12 xp in HB Lore, and probably a few elsewhere (before getting to SQ29, he was SQ28, after all, not SQ25), shouldn't be too difficult to track how much he should have earned, up until the end of 1119, Giovanni has 7 seasons of learning under Taurus, Taurus had 8 Teaching for 4 of those, 9 for 3, so...
1114 1 season of MT from Taurus, SQ28
1115 1 season of MT from Taurus, SQ28
1116 1 season of MT from Taurus, SQ28
1117 1 season of MT from Taurus, SQ28
1118 2 season H B Lore SQ 29 x2
1119 1 season H B Lore SQ 29

House B Lore would be 5(12) + whatever he might have gained in 1119 and spent in that area, currently unlisted.

For your convenience, Giovanni had two adventures in 1119: the Gathering of 12 Years, which provided 4xp, and one dealing with one of Taurus's Flaws, which provided 7 xp (instead of the exposure listed for Fall 1119)

Note, however that if you are going into such levels of auditing, Giovanni does appears to have extra xp here and there: MT and Latin are the ones that jumped out at me.
•Latin because he has an odd score of 5(16), his last listed Latin xp is from Markus, a L5 Latin Teacher (5 is the Gain Limit), even with some unlisted adventure/exposure xp would be difficult to attain.
•MT because of Markus, again, who has an MT of 5, which becomes the Gain Limit on Spring 1115, the second time around this particular teacher instructs young Giovanni (should have gained +16 xp rather than +31). By my calculations, the correct score should be +31 + 28 + 16 + 28 + 28 + 28 + 4 listed exposure = 163, 7(23) + whatever he gets in 1119, which is unlisted and looks to be a max of 11 (2 Adventures of 4 and 7 xp respectively + 1 season of exposure) if he spent xp in MT. His character sheet reads MT 8(9), which looks to be off by up to + 26 xp. Of course, silveroak could rule that Markus's specialty in MT, currently unlisted, is (Teaching), and this would return that +16 season to +31.

Also of note, Giovanni has Correspondence in an area of his choice (a reward from the Gathering of 12 Years adventure in 1119), and I don't see it listed, so there's some extra choice there for you to determine (and +1 xp when studying/being taught that particular skill/Art).

Hi Ignes.Festivus thanks for the help.

I pointed the discrepancy in the SQ of Taurus only for clarify if I'm doing well the calculations (I don't know why I added the Good Teacher virtue).

It's good for me to keep what It were wrote on the sheet before 1119, I'm going to use the correct SQ the following years.

Could Aurthor Ex Miscellanea bribe the skilled and illustrious Lady A to help him with his studies during the winter season? He'll even have a formal request delivered, in written Latin, since then his roguish bad looks won't be a problem. Or is it too late for that now?

Aurthor is a regular Cyrano, isn't he? Or a Vizzini? :slight_smile:

Lady A is pleasantly surprised by the Magus's missive, and is open to the idea of aiding him (a bribe, how uncouth! Surely Aurthor's Etiquette fails him!).

However, methinks it's too late to change seasonal activities for 1120, silveroak?

For 1220 it is, however you could get said assistance in 1221.