1221 Advancement

At this point yeah. Though as I look through some of my suggestions weren't feasible (don't know why I missed the single weapon thing).

Ah, I wasn't sure on this. I also realized we might be able to improve the device a bit further if we experiment and that I wasn't counting the form bonus for a wand. The device functioning at sight range rather than voice would probably be quite desirable. Covenant service is something we'd have to clarify with the princeps as she is typically the last word on what counts. This is, of course, all assuming that the proposed device would be counted for service in the first place.

Attravere will bring up the subject over the next dinner that both Liliana and Cygna are present for, "Ahem. Our covenant is in some danger at the moment with our archer contingent having been devastated as a result of that failed attack. I'd like to propose that for mine and Cygna's covenant services for a season we collaborate on the creation of a device to fend off an army. Specifically a wand to immobilize an incoming force."

Anyhoo, Cygna is now advanced through Spring 1222, so that should be all of mine, now.

Yeah, that's fine.

Liliana prefers he immobilize an army subtly (like, by making the earth muddy or whatnot) but with no turb, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Liliana gives Sinmore the following assignments for her required three seasons of covenant service:

• Create an item that puts out fires
  • Create an item that grants fire resistance
  • Go out and find us some grogs, who owe no allegiance either to any Welsh princes or to the English king.

(Sadly such subtlety isn't an option with his particular strengths)

I wonder if we could go draft some people from Christian Spain who have some experience fighting those crazy moors. Might be worth looking into for Iapetus, if his Muto Arrow ideas don't work out.

The putting out fires thing I had already put some design specs together, so that's good, no problem there.

Fire resistance? Sure, resistance applied to an item/thing/place, or to a person?

For these two items I intend to make lesser enchanted items, will vis be supplied? If no vis then she'll make charged items and copy the lab texts legibly.

Going out and finding some grogs...uh...ok. She'll give it a try, probably needs to bring a Companion with to help her though.

The covenant supplies vis for approved covenant service.

Sounds good, for the fire resistance would it be for a person or thing? Or all (just requires requisites)?

(Assuming that this is happening in a council meeting, and that Claudia, as the covenant librarian, is in attendance.)

"If I may make a suggestion, maga? Perhaps a device to extinguish all fires in the library. A simple Perdo Ignem effect that covers the whole room, with a constant duration? If my reckoning is correct, it would be...." Claudia closes her eyes as she does the math.

((I'm looking at a PeIg, base 4 ("Extinguish a fire)" R: Touch +1, D: Sun +2, T: Room +2, for a final spell level of 25. The base Individual is a large campfire or large fire in a hearth of a great hall; if we want to be sure, we could add +1 for Size, but that might be overkill. 2 uses a day (+1), Environmental Trigger (Sunrise/Sunset, +3), and I don't think we need to worry about Penetration, do we? glance at Sinmore So, a final Effect Level of 29))

"A sixth Magnitude of effect, which would take three pawns of vis if it can be done as a Lesser Enchantment. I would be happy to lend my assistance in such a project."

Sinmore can't pull off a PeIg LT of 58, not even with Claudia. I didn't add it up but it looks like her PeIg LT is gonna be somewhere around 30.

Let's see. Sinmore has Int 2 + Magic Theory (Ignem) 4 + Pe 3 + Ig 18 + Aura 5 = 32. Claudia adds Int 4 + Magic Theory (enchanting items) 10 = 14, so together they have a 46. No Leadership. So, it would be one season to prepare the item, and two seasons to actually enchant it. Unless there's another lab that she can use that has specializations/bonuses for enchanting, perdo, or ignem, and she can experiment (Claudia does the puppy dog eyes...she has Reckless and just looooooves to experiment), and gets lucky on the die roll.

((I told you I wanted a device to supress fires not make them worse!))

Sinmore would be all for making a fire extinguisher in the library, then presumably she could experiment with Ignem once that safety device is in place (somehow I still doubt it though).

If they're ok with Sinmore spending all 3 seasons (plus the vis), she could do it in 3 without experimenting, with Claudia's help.

Otherwise, back to my plan listed above.

No one will ever be allowed to experiment with Ignem (or, now that I think about it-- Animal or Herbam, or Vim) in the guest lab, because it is directly beneath the library. Any mishaps could destroy the library, which is currently the only thing of value the covenant still has.

Sinmore can experiment with Ignem just as soon as she gets her own damn sanctum.

(Forgive me, I must. "Worse? OR BETTER?")

((Depends on which side of the Ignem or Perdo debate you take. Let's not go there.))

Regarding getting her own damn sanctum, under her current status with the covenant, is she allowed to? And by Sanctum I mean lab as well, just so there's no misunderstanding. Would she be allowed space, equipment, silver? If so, then she'd be much better off using her one free season on building a new lab rather than flinging Pillums of Fire at herself. If she's free to do it, but the covenant provides no silver or equipment and/or space, she would then have to petition with the covenant on where she can build her lab at her expense?

Provisional members are allowed sancta. She's allowed to find space, though we're still in the hole on silver so she's discouraged from putting more on our debt. Regarding labs, the available equipment is currently all accounted for, though if Shmuel stays at Duos Flumen then there is no need to maintain a guest lab. (Justinius built it because Shmuel kept enchanting stuff for the covenant in his free time.)

Let's get rolling on resolving whatever Attravere is trying to work out with Aulus, and if Shmuel doesn't return to GF then Sinmore can scavenge the equipment from the guest lab.

Also I moved around the tower so the council chamber is now in between the guest lab and the library, just for that extra safety buffer.