1221.t The Joust

Alexei seems perturbed by the results. He has to admire his grit and tenacity. "Rotgers! Yield now, the contest is mine, do not tilt again!" Alexei brings his lance up though and prepares to joust.

(Going to go ahead and roll, if he yields he'll stop)

I figure he's got at least 2 levels of fatigue at this point and his wound, so he still has a minus 1. No Confidence left)

Initiative:
1d10+2 → [5,2] = (7) 7
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3277187/

Attack: (Spending another Fatigue level which puts him at an extra -1, total: +18)
1d10+18 → [10,18] = (28) Rats! Possible botch assuming no botch total is 18
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3277188/
Botch dice (3): 3d10 → [3,10,7] = (20) I guess it's a botch. Crap

Defense: -2 from fatigue and wound
1d10+12 → [8,12] = (20) 20
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3277191/

He likely pulled his blow too much out of concern (yeah we'll go with that).

This didn't happen.

OK woops, I didn't see you redo the math. Woot!

Alexei does not show the same grace and largesse to his opponent as he did his first. He'll say nothing to the judges or others regarding the alleged cheating. He is not much of an intriguer, but further antagonism would not serve any purpose. From the jousting field he'll head to Mons Electi's camp to get some refreshments and rest up before he might enter into the Certamen tourney. He has a feeling that some Tremere might decide to meet him on the field.

Fiona greets Alexei with a bone-crushing hug. [color=blue]"Congratulations, sodalis! There's nae way I could have fared half so well as you did today. Ye did us proud!"

Alexei laughs and then gasps as she crushed him.

"Easy Sodales! you'll hurt me more than my opponents!" he says and then is finally let go. "Thank ye. It was a spirited bout. I cannot take all the credit though...I believe I had help. As it is, I won as God intended, with only my skill against my opponent's, and so can hold my head high. How have we fared in other contests?"

"Master Alexei, you have my congratulations, that was a masterful performance." Marcus says to you as he comes towards you. The wind is blowing on the field, and you can see his robe drag underneath where his legs would normally be, but he moves his legs as if he's working. "I have a proposition for you and the members of your covenant."

Note: the Joust was the morning of the last day, the Scavenger Hunt is in the afternoon. Tomorrow is selection of prizes from the pool of prizes.

[color=blue]"Not half so well as you have, Alexei. I was quite embarrassed by Luna in the Certamen contest, neither Fieltarn nor Korvin were victorious in their Dimicatios, and the scavenger hunt is still ongoing."

Anyone who watched Alexei can be considered to be celebrating in the competitor's tent and have witnessed this man seemingly fly, but at a walking pace and with the movement associated with walking, towards the tent and hear his proposition...

(I'm going to play it that no one but Alexei has met Marcus. Although, if anyone had choosen to watch the Dimicatio, I have some information for you about Marcus.)

Fiona would probably have just watched the matches involving her covenant-mates, and possible a bit of the action to either side of the match (the tail end of the one before, and the beginning of the one after while visiting with whomever)

You saw Marcus. He was very fast. And his technique made it seem as if he was casting Auram spells, like Incantation of Lightning.

After a few minutes of the magi of Mons Electi ignoring Marcus he says, "I guess you don't want to win the Tourney" and proceeds to walk out of the competitor's tent.

Alexei looks back at the exiting Marcus and extricates himself from Fiona's grsp to hurry after him.

"Wait Marcus...wait! very sorry, I was being hugged to death by a giantess. What were you saying?"

((So many storylines going on right now!))

"If I have my scoring right, Mons Electi is in third place, just a couple of points behind Cunfin. But the better news is who is currently in first. He pauses, waiting for everyone to guess and then says excitedly, "Le Maison d'Levrier!"

[color=blue]"The hosting covenant is leading in the Tournament. How very interesting. I suppose that's one way to recoup the costs of putting on such a marvelous event."

"No, no, you don't understand! They're leading with only their event left! They absolutely can't win, they'd be mortified and shamed. I'd speculate that they may not even field a team for that event, since it is of their own design.

"I checked the tent, so it's safe to talk. I could help you win..."

Alexei is listening in with half interest. The idea of not earning the win is not all that appealing to him. "What is the last event?" But still, winning on their first entry into the tournament would be quite a feat.

"The Scavenger Hunt. I'm signed up for it. You could follow me and find things I might miss...

"I don't expect to be able to beat a team of Quaesitores, they'll probably win, but I think I can lead you to second, which would be enough for you to win. Would serve them right for following you around during this entire Tribunal, like common criminals and all.

[color=blue]"The only event yet to be contested is the scavenger hunt, I believe."

(ooc - for some reason I thought that the scavenger hunt was ongoing throughout the three days of the event).

[color=blue]"What do you have in mind, Marcus?"
It was originally, but it has been retconned... Didn't make sense when I started putting the schedule of all events together, and would inhibit participation in multiple events by some teams.

"Just need to smell my sigil. If it's weak, there's nothing there that I was searching for. If it's strong, then there is something. If it's very strong, I've likely lost control of my magic, and there's something there. If I'm passed out and the stench is overpowering, the same, and you're on your own for the rest of the event."...

Alexei shrugs. No law against using the Gifts the Good Lord gave you. "Marcus, it sounds like you have a worthy plan, let's have you team with someone from Mons Electi and compete. This is quite a venture you'd be taking. What would you like in return?"