1222 ooc

Ysebrand will wander the covenant introducing himself and also doing some discreet investigation as to the new residents (magi) and perhaps vis sources.

Talia will investigate the library very early on, familiarizing herself with the content, as she's been without the benefit of such a resource lo these many years. Is there a librarian? These things can take place in the misc thread...

okay, What seasons do we have for 1222?

If we have all four:

Season 1 will be wandering the land with her owl to see about finding those vis sources. siobhan has a vis detection spell (and it satisfies duty requirement for two years). She will also visit nearby towns and such using invisibily and memory alteration spells to see about getting some arcane connections that will last years (blood spilled in training accident, sweat, etc) to nobles and important people. Also helping get her two cousins (I have to do sheets) set up for fencing and supplies. Eventually this should develop into a low level income source.

Season 2/3: I will spend 2 setting up my lab (unless there are magic theory trained companion to set up standard lab for me. (if someone can set up the standard lab for her, she will probably study from books 2 seaons

Season 4: Tbd

The family visit: her siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins are all over ireland and scotland (whereever there is stuff to steal)) So who knows who will stop by for a day or two before moving on (especially to deal with the fence)

The saga begins with the Summer meeting, so you've got Summer, Fall, and Winter to play with.

Are there companions or grogs with magic theory that can set up a standard lab or do we need to do it ourself?

There's one who works for vis...
But his background may not be known...

Aodhan will set up his lab in Summer and Autmumn and wait to see what happens in Winter.

I hadn't planned on it, no.

Clarification: I'm not planning on making any grogs with Magic Theory, or any Companions period that aren't due to a PC's story flaw or background. If any players want to make grogs with Magic Theory, they can.

summer is spent using my "eyes for the hidden vis" repeatedly to walk the entire area looking for vis, her familiar helping to watch for unusual things and asking all the creatures of the forest where people were known to stop and do things and what they did. Hopefully she will manage to refind a lot of the vis sources.

Autumn and winter are setting up lab

Well, not quite. Masculine and attractive.

Finally well again. I'm at work and will be checking out all of the threads today and try to post where I can. Thought I had pneumonia for awhile there.

I agonised over Halie's response to Whitburh for like, an hour. In the end, my Major Flaw decided it :stuck_out_tongue:

At first I was like: oh, no she di'n't.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! Me too!

Wait, are you referring to your character's actions or Whitburh's actions? Because I was referring to Halie.
Halie just skinned that smokewagon.

Oh! I meant Whitburh.

Giving me orders, you morally bankrupt charlatan? O NO U DI'INT.

Oh, you can be indignant about it. Doesn't mean she won't snap you back so hard you think you're a first year apprentice again. :stuck_out_tongue:

She doesn't have any position to. They're equals whether she likes it or not, and trying to assert otherwise is only going to hurt her more in the long run, as her corruption becomes unveiled.

I've started posting experience/confidence points awards for the completed 1222 threads.

Experience Points awarded for the Gathering and Overture threads can be used for anything that you rationally would have used on your journey to Insula Canaria, as well as what was used in the threads themselves (a slight departure from the experience expenditure rules).

If you get experience points in more than one thread in a season (for example, Halie would get experience in the Exploring Eilean Chon thread as well as the Gathering/Overture threads), those are cumulative.

And a reminder that you normally get to use either Adventure or Practice/Study/Teaching/what-have-you points with the exception of Exposure for Scots Gaelic (2xp/season).

If anybody wants their magus to be available when the local lord comes dragging a dead body into the covenant, don't let me stop you. :smiley:

Are events contemporaneous with Three Hour Tour? Birds, stones, killing and all that.