1228.2 I Know What You Did That Summer

((I didn't think so, but I was having a hard time parsing it. Talia's probably a little not-quite-with-it, herself.))

Folk Ken: Per 0 + Folk Ken (Magi) 2 + die roll of 3 = 5.

Guile: Com 2 + Guile (hiding true feelings) 3 + (die roll of 1, followed by a die roll of 8) 16 = 21. (specialty because she's trying to hide her nervousness and annoyance)

Intrigue: Int(?) 1 + Intrigue 2 + die roll of 5 = 8. Unless it's Pre (+1) or Com (+2), in which case it's 8 or 9, respectively.

((To ahead and tell her the story, I'll use your rolls for guidance for follow up questions. You can presume she will ask questions about Fiona's first encounter with him, so if you want to cover that base now, too, that'll work.))

[color=blue]"I was invited to a party here," Fiona begins. [color=blue]"I mingled for a while, ran into someone I thought was the Redcap Douglas, and spent a few minutes with him. He seemed a little more awkward than I remembered him being, but I chalked it up to the crowd.

[color=blue]"A couple of minutes later, I saw him with our sodalis here," she gestures to Talia, [color=blue]"who quickly realized that he wasn't who he seemed to be. As soon as she called him out on it, the lights went out, I smelled brimstone, and heard...a laugh, I guess it was. And that was when the tree decided to start attacking the tower.

[color=blue]"Someone was able to create light in the tent again, I saw the faux Redcap struggling with Talia, I cast Sight of the True Form, and recognized him as Duncan, the apprentice of Faileas of Criamon, of Insula Canaria, Loch Leglean Tribunal. I tried to turn him into a pig, but he disappeared and was somehow able to redirect the spell, and I accidentally hit her. Again, my apologies.

[color=blue]"That was when we went out to see what was going on, and do what we could to help. I honestly don't know how much help I was...I wound up in Twilight for most of the battle, I think."

"Very well." Bilera looks about at the other magi. "Caecilius, Tektonius, do you have any questions to ask?" They shake their heads. "Valerian?"
"No, mater, but I would like to make a closer inspection of the Great Library."
The one called Caecilius appears to agree, "That seems wise, take my filius with you."
"I hardly think it is necessary," Valerian sneers at Caecilius.
Bilera tut-tuts Valerian, "Come now, Tektonius's knowledge of architecture is well known, and it is their covenant, so let them be."
Did Fiona accept or accede to refreshments being served?
"Come, Fiona, let's chat while the boys check the tower.". she looks at Talia, "You, too, of course, dear."

((If, as I understand, it's the next day and Fiona's in her normal form, e.g. it's after sunrise, she will politely decline, saying [color=blue]"I thank you, Prima, but I had a hearty breakfast. It is most generous of you to offer, though."))

If not, she will still politely decline.

[color=blue]"Of course, Prima." Does she lead them off anywhere, or just stand in the tent chatting, or pull up some seats, or...?

She has seating provided. What are we to do about this Duncan? He is dangerous. And what I mean when I say we, I mean you, of course.

[color=blue]"Me?" Fiona says. [color=blue]"You're asking me what I intend to do about a fugitive who has managed to elude the Quaesitores for the past, what, seven years?"

"Do you think it is a coincidence that he is here?"

[color=blue]"I find it curious that he would just happen to appear at Grand Tribunal when I am a delegate. I also find it curious that he's made no attempt to...confront me in the past seven years, when I've made no attempt to hide. Especially considering that he is capable of carrying a magical disguise into a hostile Aegis as powerful as this one."

Fiona thinks for a moment. [color=blue]"And I find myself wondering what he stands to profit by it."

It wasn't hostile to him, though. All Redcaps were given tokens, in fact they had them in advance of the delegates. Be that as it may, we still have the problem of Duncan. It would be a shame to have to bring all the details surrounding the events to light. My preference is that those closest to him be involved in destroying him. If you would like, I could lend you a valerian for some assistance.. Bilera's tone is authoritarian and controlled.

Fiona is taken aback by Bilera's offer. Does she not know what that man has done to us? she thinks. Does she think I can just ignore the fact that this bastard has murdered two of the best men I knew?

She looks at Valerian, trying to hide the hate and anger she feels[sup]1[/sup], then back at Bilera. [color=blue]"So, it seems he was able to infiltrate the Redcaps with apparent ease. I hope this is an isolated incident.

[color=blue]"You said 'those closest' to him would be involved with destroying him. Who else is undertaking this task?"

[hr][/hr][sup]1[/sup]Com 2 + Guile (hiding true feelings) 3 + (die roll of 1, followed by a die roll of 9) 18 = 23.

((Valerian and Fiona can safely assume the magus Teltonius left to inspect the library tower.))
Bilera deftly ignores Fiona's question and says, well my report from Laetitia indicated he has some source of infernal power, so a flawless disguise wouldn't be hard. The Redcaps in attendance come from all over the Order, so his ability to fool other redcaps may not have been to difficult. Apparently talia had been intimate with the real Douglas and was able to tell easily. Hubris and pride tend to undo diabolists plans more than skill. Certainly that is the case here. It is my wish to uncover any other plots that are ongoing against the Order and this Grand Tribunal. Has anything else out of the ordinary happened?. Her last question has Bilera looking at Fiona with the faintest of smiles, as if daring Fiona to lie to her.

((I have the distinct feeling that Bilera's setting a trap for her. But, on the other hand, I am drawing a blank on what she could possibly mean. Let's see...we have the Diedne that we've rescued in the Magic Realm (which she really shouldn't know about), we have...um...we have...I honestly don't know off the top of my head. :cry: ))

Fiona thinks for a very long moment, going over everything that's happened since she arrived. [color=blue]"Considering that this is my first Grand Tribunal, everything is out of the ordinary, but I can't think of anything."

((You mean other than a secret cabal of magi and magae involved in a ritual that must be kept secret from Bilera?))
Bilera looks unconvinced and says, Very well, you leave me little ch-" but before she finishes Tektonius rushes into the pavilion and whispers to Caecilius.
Caecilius turns his attention to Bilera, Bilera, can you explain why Valerian is chipping off pieces of Bonisagus's Tower?" using the name with some sense of reverence. "Such assistance of yours is not required, nor has it been requested. As a member of the council of Durenmar and a Quaesitor in good standing, I'm invoking my right to investigate this matter in the manner I see fit. I require Valerian to submit all piece he has acquired to me. Failure to do so will see me request a point of order with Murion during tomorrow's proceedings,and I will make the request formally and publicly."
Bilera's face changes imperceptibly, (folk ken of 15) and in an even voice, "Talia, Fiona, you're dismissed."
((Talia will exit with Fiona. In case you want to have a bit of a dialog with her.))

(( Is that what we're calling it these days? A 'dialog'? :smiley: ))

((Talia is kinda meh about the sapphic pleasures.))

((Well yeah, but I was hoping she didn't know about that. Although Fiona has no reason to believe that Bilera doesn't know about it (the bit about the performers being representatives of their house, and the ritual being performed by the Prima of each house or her designates), but Fiona was also told not to discuss it with anyone, so she won't.))

((Per 0 + Folk Ken (magi) 2 + die roll of 4 = 6...not even close.

Oh, and thinking back, does Fiona remember Douglas's performance the first night being as...lackluster as Duncan's was at the party? Int 1 + die roll of 0 (botch check is a 9) = 1. So, probably not...too many orgasms since then.))

Fiona looks for a vendor where she can buy Talia a drink and sit down to talk (her treat). (I'm sure some Verditius somewhere sold a case that can create up to a hundred wooden goblets with Sun duration on command...next best thing to paper cups.) Once they sit down, Fiona raises her goblet in a silent toast. [color=blue]"So...what happened after I...blacked out last night?" she asks.

"You and another magus in our communion became in responsive, while another one disappeared entirely, so we figured my botched spell triggered a twilight episode. We pressed on, recruited others and continued the efforts until a Flambeau arrived to finish the job.". Talia seems a bit miffed by this. "You have my apologies for the taillight episode, but given the circumstances I would have done the same thing the exact same way." Her apology seems genuine, though.
((I thought he begged off that first night, too busy.))

Fiona waves a hand dismissively. [color=blue]"Don't worry about it, it happens sometimes. As many times as I push things, I'm surprised it hasn't happened to me more often."

She takes a sip. [color=blue]"So, how do you come to know of Duncan?" ((As far as I know, she doesn't know that Talia's at her former covenant.))

((That was a miscommunication between player and gm that I thought had gotten cleared up and he showed up when he had time; of course, if he said he would show up and then got too busy for her and stood her up, that works, too. She probably could have gone out and picked someone up, since I think Gerulf indicated that he just wasn't interested, and Fiona's kind of determined to not spend a night alone there. Or whatever.))

((Yeah, play it that he was too busy and he sent a note apologizing.))
"I'm at your former covenant, Fiona. Or at least I'm assuming your from Insula Canaria. Don't know how many Giant-blooded, Scottish magae with red hair named Fiona there are, but my guess is one. Douglas has left us alone for the most part. The Redcap he was impersonating was close to me... We have been complacent with regards to him."