1228 Anastasia Filia Pralicis

And this would be the final version of the character with detailed background if there are no issues. At 53 years old: http://amfightorflight.wikidot.com/anastasia-filia-pralicis

FYI, when you do things like add "xp" after the value for studying from books where you had not used that notation before t throws a wrench into the excel processing of your advancement. That is what I am referring to when I say you have a format change.

Yeah, I've been adding that for clarity when I add more than one thing, such as project progress / completion, or split xp from adventure, or affinity. What is useful for you in this column for ease of processing?

• Do you want me to note affinity, or is that not useful because your program will multiply it anyway?
  • Do you want me to add info on project completion there, or move that to another column?
  • Do you want me to write adventure xp split between multiple skills in a specific format? E.g. 4 / 2 / 1 or 4, 2, 1; is either better so your computation goes through without issue?

What is useful is to keep it simple to translate for excel- added notes are simply excess material to parse out- an extra column for notes that the excel can ignore would be best, but since I have already processed everything its a bit late

I do notice that your lab totals don't add up- you have MT+Int+aura=13, IG+nocturnal routine=5, Re 14 and Vi 11+3=14, but 14+14+13+5=46, not 52. All your labs in this last decade come out higher than the math indicates- fall 24, winter 24 and spring 25 should all be 46, summer 25 should be 47.

Hello Silveroak,

I've taken out xp, affinity and such, mostly as a reminder to keep it simple for future lines.

I saw your post on Discord about the ideal format, and I will look to modify the page for future seasons once game is started, and for companions. Will keep current format for simplicity for pre-game since most of it is approved.

I have isolated the issue in my Excel formula that had a bonus from an earlier project. Your formulas are correct. First and second lab project moved to ReVi 20 instead of 25. Fourth project, no impact. Third project - I rolled for experimentation. Sheets and advancement log updated without impact on other seasons.

Also, if you approve the character, could you let me know whether I should add XP towards reputation of any sort from the pre-game experiments and adventures?

approved- any reputation she has earned will be in other tribunals and not relevant to the game.

1 Like

Since you're logging correspondences by skills, I'm proposing that I currently have the following:
*From Parens: Comprehend Magic, Vim
*From Bonisagus researcher: Magic Theory, Corpus

If the above correspondence from background are acceptable, I would go with the following from Summer 1229 onwards:
Creo, Intellego, Magic Lore, Mentem, Art of Memory

you only correspond on one topic per contact.

In that case, make that Comprehend Magic and Magic Theory from background; Creo, Intellego, Vim, Magic Lore, Mentem from Tribunal.

Character updated to Fall 1229.

you would not be able to apply the correspondence bonus to 1228 or the spring of 1229 except in comprehend magic.
Additionally you would not have used comprehend magic at the tribunal, so you cannot spend adventure experience on this.
Finally I have questions about what experience you applied to get the numbers currently on your sheet- compared to what I had on mine (before advancement) it appears that you added 3 to your magic theory...

See above post, the correspondence XP on Magic Theory was from background rather than from the Summer tribunal - the bonisagus researcher who she got in contact with during a previous research event.

I thought the tribunal would offer plenty of opportunities for Anastasia to practice this by analysing the latent spell effects that would be present arround her due to the number of spellcasters to get insight without actually going about analysing other magi. If that doesn't work, I'll look for something else to advance.

My 50 year old version had 196 xp. Current character version has 205 xp, so a progression of 9 xp / 3 seasons - Winter 1228, Spring 1229, Fall 1229. The discrepancy may come from the correspondence XP which I wrote as a +1 to indicate where it was applied.

analyze magic is primarily used for dealing with non-hermetic magic, and as such would not see use at the tribunal.
I think I had already accounted through the spring, which means everything would then match up- aside from the aforementioned analyze magic

Re-read the virtue. Comprehend Magic is super-flexible. It detects vis, aura level, enchanted items, supernatural powers, spells and spell-like powers, creatures with might, the gift, the highest art of gifted magi, characters that have an innate supernatural virtue and more. It has a lot of depth in the detail it gives, and actually the first info is whether the magic is hermetic or not, therefore it must detect and analyze hermetic magic otherwise that information would be useless. Yes, the ability is awesome to understand non-hermetic magic due to bonuses in opening the arts for hedge wizards, and lab totals for investigating non-hermetic items, but that is merely the tip of the iceberg of what it does. The bonuses to spontaneous Muto, Rego and Perdo Vim, for example, apply regardless of whether the analyzed target is hermetic or not - it's actually the magical focus, not comprehend magic, that applies specifically to non-hermetic magic.

And all of these could be considered scrying on a fellow magus if you are not careful- is that what you want to do with most of your time at Tribunal? If you had gone to the estate sale and used it to analyse the magic items sure, but as background activity, it still doesn't make sense. You might have used it to check the aura level (though you never asked)

I thought doing something like analysing a magi's arts or his equipment would likely be considered scrying, but analyzing an ambient illusion, a magically created shelter, and things like that, would not, since it would mostly give Anastasia insight into the relevant forms and complexity of the magic used, and not about the caster.

Fine, I've reviewed my advancement.

My winter 1229 is going to be an adventure / travel season. To clarify for your story points system, I'm not really looking to initiate a story. What I intend is to travel the lands arround the covenant to locate vis sources that may be untapped, or that Mingus may have previously tapped but which we lost knowledge of when he fled through the Magic Realm. In my mind, it's a season working for the covenant's benefit since we really need to get a vis income if we want to study the arts or purchase resources for the covenant from the Order. Up to you whether to make something out of it and whether you charge story points, or whether it can be treated as a season of travel, or whatever.

I do plan to go on an actual adventure in Spring 1230, to explore the Magic Realm. Schwartz seemed to say he was OK to adventure with Anastasia during that season. Other players / magi are welcome to come along.

Roll per+area lore+magic lore-3. You will get exposure experience, no adventure.

My check came to a result of 11.