1228 Elia Ex Misc

fast grow and sigh of the blossom are both fine. Tree top walk is not. ease the pain of labor is also good.

1 Like

How about the Fortress of Oak spell from Magi of Hermes? P. 39

That is fine.

By 1223, Her apprentice is already 13 years into the apprenticeship. Would it be ok to use him as a lab assistant? I haven't used him as one before that. And as per the Roll of Seasons, the first 5 years, she spent two seasons each year teaching him/her. I was thinking he/she would have around 2 MT, and 2 Int. Nothing fancy.
This is mostly so I know whether it would take her 2 or 3 seasons to research the Fortress of Oak spell. I'm fine with either option. just though it would be a cool thing for the apprentice to say that he/she was a part of.

When you take an apprentice you are required to teach them for 1 season a year and the other 3 seasons they are available for you to use as a lab assistant, or in any other capacity (having them fix arcane connections, lead covenfolk on a mission, etc.)

I know. I just didn't calculate his/her stats, since I've had enough lab total to get the job done. But I was wondering whether a 4 for MT+Int would be reasonable for an apprentice in his.her 13t year. Assuming an MT of 2, and +2 Int.

That would be fine for a root cutter in thebes.

OK, I think I've done, and hopefully it's all done correctly, and the math checks out.

You'll notice that I've had her research quite a few spells.

How are you getting a study total for Herbem of 15 with a roll of 3 when your herbem is above 20?

3 on the roll, divided by 2 is 2. +6, +7 from lab specialization. Spent two seasons installing Greater Feature/Greater Focus of a tree, for a +7 Herbam.

If there's any problem with the math, I'd glady fix it.

There are no lab bonuses on reading texts

I understand that, but after reaching 20 in Herbam she learned from Vis.

Is learning from Vis 3+stress die (+specialization), or is the 6+simple die only for reading tractatus?

studying from vis is 3+stress die+specialization, the 6+simple die is for tractatus only.

No problem. then I will recalculate the xp gained according to this.

@silveroak recalculated it all, rolls are on discord, and marked in the roll of seasons. Also, marked all entires after getting Herbam 20, to say Study Herbam Vis.

A couple of questions for her future development:
I"d like her to research a ritual spell that will grant a tree human-level intelligence permanently. What would be the level of such a spell? The Muto Herbam (Mentem) spell, Stir the Slumbering Tree is a nice start, but AFAIK, Muto ritual spells are not momentary duration, but year duration.

If she were to pen down a Summae (on Herbam), is it customary to send a copy to Durenmar?

What level of spell would it be to have a ReHe spell like Freeing the Striding Tree, that lets the trees move at human speed?

At this point permanently granting a tree human level intelligence would require enchanting the tree, not simply a spell. Your would probably want to do this with a day duration twice a day etc to make it effectively permanent.
Since the spell you are asking about already does what you ae asking, I'm not sure what you are uncertain about.

Ex Misc do not typically send copies of texts to Duerenmar- that is a Bonisagus tradition. They may bring a copy to trade for a season of access.

I'm not certain hat the question means for Freeing the Striding tree- the spell already lets the tree move at normal human speed.

Elia is approved

Elia's top topics for correspondences will be:
Creo
Corpus
Medicine
Code of Hermes
Herbam

Elia's Adventure XP for Summer 1229:
5 XP into Order of Hermes Lore
3 XP into Creo