1228 Franz ex Miscellanea

Since the virtue affects how aura's interact with you I thought that if I find an aura of great enough power it could give an insight into the virtue. So I am trying to study the effect and study how it interacts with the gift. I'm not entirely sure how if that is how to go about it but it made sense in my head

which virtue?

True Understanding of the Realms

Insight into the virtue will be found not in studying auras but in studying sources regarding what is behind the realms- the entities you would need to appeal to for true understanding of the realms to work, or the deeper forces which surround them.
Trying to learn this by studying an aura would be like trying to gain political influence i Washington by studying a bus route map of the city.

That is a really good explanation. Would regio's work better than? Since they are pockets of the realm and their borders would influence the normal world in weird ways. If that doesn't work would it be a good idea to study beings of other realms and how the interact with each other and the "normal" plane. I am trying to think of ways to study the realms without being in them

A conversation with a being of the realm could certainly be a potential source of insight.

That one sounds like the most fun. I want to go with that

What would you like me to roll for that?

How do you want to go about looking first of all? Which realm, what kind of entity are you seeking?

I want to start with Faerie since my character has Faerie Blood. I would see if I can find information on any fae forests nearby and travel to that. I would try and seek a mentor faerie

Roll int+area lore, then pres+faerie lore

I got 14 for the first and 12 for the second

Actually the second would be 13 but only for this first time since I specialized in first impressions

The forest queen meets with you and agrees to give you instruction in her use of power in her forest in exchange for your performing a small task...
1 season of adventure and one season study in faerie lore with an inspiration for the spell: hear the source of a faerie aura (InVi)- when cast this spell will endow your hearing for concentration duration so that whichever faerie is the source of a faerie aura will ring with a tone appropriate to their glamour. (target: hearing, duration concentration, range: personal, base:4) note that the base:4 effect is one not covered by standard hermetic theory- for a level 20 spell, which when completed will provide 4 breakthrough points.

What does she want me to do for the adventure or is that something she will ask for later? I will also study that spell in a season

I hadn't really determined that- it will be a fairly typical faerie adventure whose real point is to get the human to run around playing their games for a season generating vitality than actually accomplish anything that impacts the real world.

Fair enough, that sounds like a faerie to me and can I try to integrate the spell into hermetic theory for more breakthrough points

And what was the adventure source quality? Did you want to change it from what is already established?

standard 7

Should I roll magic theory + int to try and get breakthrough points from trying to integrate the spell into hermetic theory or is that something out of my ballpark?