1260.3 A Crooked House

((It was the later. Jane may also make Awareness + perception rolls if you wish.))

The area is thick with trees. Because it is on a mountain side that are not huge but they are numerious. Not far away is a sheer cliff face of granite rising up which would be solid enough if she wanted her back to a wall. It is not in the thickest part of the trees as nothing large grows near the cliff face.

Eve will try to find a clump of trees that the dragon probably can't fit near and hide there.
Jane got a 6 for awareness

((Probably should post totals, not just die rolls.))

Per is -3 and awareness is +1 So 4 total.

Eve finds a place to hide. she is not there long when she hears some trees crash a bit further down hill and the ground trembles slightly.

Really? That is your plan? To hide in the trees?

Eve looks up in the nearby trees and sees a large crow who was speaking to her.

Do you have a better plan? I'm not exactly a combat maga. The combat spells I do have are designed to take advantage of long range and flight, two advantages I don't really have now. I suppose now that the dragon has landed I could try flying up, maybe I can out-climb the dragon. Although what I really want is a nice place to shelter this storm out. Do you know of a place like that or do I need to start building one myself?

The bird cocks its head and looks at you. I thought you Hermes fellows were hot stuff.

Even hears the sounds of something large thrashing in the trees below her.

The crow hops to a higher branch.

You could go to the school. But that might be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Jane sticks her head out of her bag at this Don't be silly. They need us familiars to not get killed. They do have great cooks working for them though. They know doze-
Eve cuts Jane off and starts floating after the bird Right well, I fail could see what would be worse than getting eaten by a dragon.
Anything to do with the Infernal?
Then we'll claim we're investigating. If you could point us in the direction of the school you would have our eternal gratitude.

That is a good question to be answered by another. How should I know?

The large crow flies off going up and over the mountains. It winds its way through the chasms skimming just 50' above the ground at the highest. Eve hears a chorus of calls behind them of other crows.

Oh shit. here it comes.

The crow flies lower through the ravines, skimming the tree tops. It heads right for a nasty thunderstorm that is pounding the mountains.

Eve flies after the bird and Jane ducks back into her hiding place.

The crow leads you into the storm and up. After what seems to be a long time being buffeted by the wind and soaked with rain, the crow lands on a ledge on the side of a cliff and begins to preen it's feathers.

Eve will land next to the Raven, So wheres the school? I suppose I don't see any dragon either though...

He is there but may not want to get too close. Tell me your name Magus of Hermes so that I will know who owes me a favor. Tell me your name and I will show you the entrance to the school.

Eve ex Verditus

Well met, Eve of Verditus. Now just fly up over this rock and through the gap straight ahead. You will see the school shortly.

((I will assume Eve follows the directions))

She rises up about 100' and speeds through the crevasse that appears before her. Visibility is low as she goes through and into valley. After a short while she can see a tower keep overlooking a lake. Rushing towards it she feels the crossing an an Aegis and he flight spell ends sending her crashing over the walls into the courtyard.

Both Even and Jane suffer light wounds.

((OOC: I'm assuming that Jane got pushed through the Aegis somehow. If not lets just assume she is sort of bouncing and slowly being forced out? Also Jane has Flight of the Humming Bird, not that she normally uses it to fly. But since she's a cat she normally uses it to do stuff like climb trees and promptly get stuck in them. Or survive long falls.))

Jane speaks up first, not able to get herself out of the bag quick enough, or strong enough to hold them both up, Damn it! I told you when we were inventing this, just put it in the bond, but no you said. And look where it gets us. Well, lets announce we've arrived. Hey, but at least an Aegis means its probably not demons.
Eve yells (in Latin) Sorry about that, we were running from a dragon. Anyone here?

((I am going to say that Jane is stopped at the Aegis. She would come out of the bag . Otherwise, Eve is sitting inside the aegis and Jane is outside in the bag. I'm going for the former as it makes the story easier. ))

Several grogs rush forward and help Eve up. She is a bit groggy but suddenly realizes that her shoulders hurt because her bag was torn off at the edge of the aegis. A young man comes out dressed in the dark robes of a Tremere followed by 5 children that Eve would guess are between 10 and 15 years old.

My. My. That was quite an entrance. I am Andrew. What brings you to our school?

Eve stands up and brushes herself off. Running from a dragon. Long story, trying to flying to Lycaneon ran into a storm and there was a dragon in it. A talking bird directed me here. They both spoke Latin surprisingly. Then I hit the Aegis. Jane, my familiar, is stuck outside. The cat in the bag. Eve looks over her shoulder.
And she appears to be climbing on the Aegis. Flying near it technically.
Hey, can someone let me in? Jane asks I don't want to leave Eve by herself.
I'm Eve by the way.

((OOC: I suppose they technically could have spoken English too, but that would be even more surprising.))

A talking bird and a dragon. Well, I've heard crazier ones and they were mostly true. He rummages around in his pocket and pulls out a roman coin. Here you go. I invite you into our aegis.

((Jane can enter now))

Now, you said you were going to Lycaneon? You are well off course. Come in and dry off and have something to eat. We can see what we can do to help.

That would be wonderful. There's gonna be a fallen bag somewhere. Sorry about the littering. Anyway and here comes Jane Eve says as Jane gets over to her. Its a weird process. She falls off the Aegis lands on the top of the wall, jumps off the wall to the ground runs over to Eve and jumps up on her shoulder. Technically a lot of flying was involved, but she somehow manages to make it seem almost like something a normal cat might manage if not for the huge distances.