1260.4 Fragile Things

You may call me Szél. Am I not to let them through or wait for your word to not let them through. You are very difficult.

She flutters up over Zoltan ans does loops and twists. Her flying fans the fire even brighter

Zoltan smiles as the little faerie lives up to her namesake. "Even better..." he murmurs and steps back from the fire. "Upon my word do not let them through."

"Come out ye wolves! I have seen you follow us and some that walk on two legs! Come out and treat with us peacefully or slink away with your noses just in front of your tails! Zoltan is not afraid of beasts!" he nods reassuringly to the grogs as they look out of the fire's light trying to see the wolves that surround them.

EDIT added instructions for Szel.

Nothing happens. The wolves continue to prowl outside the light of the fire. The beings on two legs, which Zoltans counts as seven, seems to be watching as well.

((Not sure what to do here...))

"Stay alert and be ready, but do not attack. This is strange behavior..."

((Zoltan will wait a few minutes, long enough to recover the fatigue he spent before))

"We might need to keep a watch all night." he says to Ivan. "What is it you want?" he calls to the wolves. He pauses a moment and speaks again in Latin ((He'd been speaking in Magyar before)). "Do you understand me? What do you want?!"

((sometimes the best action is to do nothing. And sometimes it can be to attack. The question would be which one of those stories is Zoltan in))
No one answers Zoltan in any language. The wolves continue to prowl but stay out of the fire light.

Rat would inform you that they need milk for the baby. it is too young to eat food.

After about an hour, the baby will begin to cry. Most likely, because it is hungry.

Zoltan's jaw sets firmly as he takes stock of the situation; many that thought they knew him might be surprised at how he was affected by the plight of the baby. Then he turned to the grogs and spoke quietly in Magyar.

"We're leaving, presently. Form around Rat and myself, I'll conjure a wind to sweep them aside. Hector take a torch." he turns to Szel. "You follow and blow any away that approach us from behind. Any that can withstand the wind will be struck down by lightning as I promised. Any that get close, hack them down. First, something that might give them reason to disperse, hold your breath while we run through, Rat cover the baby with the blanket, this will be brief."

((Casting Wreaths of Foul Smoke, +34 casting total, +4 Penetration skill. Casting it in the midst of any wolves in the direction we first have to run. Assuming that the wolves don't like that Zoltan will be following it up with Broom of the Winds to try and scatter any that remain in the way, and then we run. Can you roll for me Jebrick?))

Hector sheaths his sword, and takes up a torch to go along with his shield.

I will remind you that the group is several days from Hèviz as the wolf walks.

((can i revise? I thought it might be a hard night's run before making it to Heviz. A few nights and the baby will starve.

Would it be Muto Corpus, Rego Corpus or Creo Corpus to induce lactation from Rat or the Amazon?))

ReCo would be the correct one. Control a bodily function.

((I was thinking that too after I wrote it, and since it's not a Creo effect it should be nourishing, can I revise? I'd revise the casting of the Wreaths of Foul Smoke so as not to provoke an attack as we might need to do some stuff first))

((i have no problem revising actions. That is why I just reminded you of the situation. Convincing Rat or the amazon to be the subjects of the spell might be another matter :smiley: ))

((Revision))

Zoltan takes a long look at the situation. If they ran for it, he could likely clear a path, but they were days from Heviz, and even if he found some cottages along the way, he didn't want to lead the wolves to them. The baby's crying was becoming urgent, and though he was no mother (or father) he knew it was a hungry cry. They might still need to make a run for it, but the baby needed milk and he looked at his options: Rat and the Amazon. Between the two, Rat seemed to be the more nurturing at the moment and he likely would need the Amazon's skills. He laid a hand on Rat's shoulder.

"You're a natural at this...a big sister to be certain. I think though, the babe needs you to act his mother." he leans down to look Rat in the eyes and this time his alien, black eyes are softened just a bit. "I'd ask the others but only women produce milk. Men only produce stupidity." he says with a wink. "And we need yon Amazon to fight. You found the babe, I'll help you take care of it."

((Zoltan's ReCo is 26 + for Sta/Int, so 28 before rolling. I'll add a booming voice and grand gestures for an even 30. I can't find the base effect though. I'm looking for that, then +1 for range and +2 for duration, I'm hoping for a total level 10-20. any ideas?))

((Unfortunately, I'm guessing it is base 15 +1 touch +1 concentration. If he can pull off the concentration then it will work for 15 minutes.))

((I thought I remembered seeing bodily functions spells, but now I can't find them. But at base 15, that is also directing the flow of energy, move a target in any direction or teleport a body 50 paces. Inducing lactation I think might be less powerful than that, but only by a magnitude maybe? I just don't see it equaling a 50 pace port))

((Psst! Rat! It's your line! Mention how she's only 10...))

Help me, I'm only ten you creepy magus! I can't make milk! Amazon will need to nurse it.

Zoltan seems taken aback. "Ten? Are you sure?" Zoltan looks to the others skeptically. "You're not...uh how old does one need to be?" he stands up, a bit perturbed. "Well that settles it. Amazon...uh...well, the babe needs to eat, and apparently ten is too young. I would...ask that you do all you can and allow me to...allow you to...well...to provide nourishment for the babe. Will you consent?"

((I assume that I am running the Amazon as she is called))

((You or JL I figure))