Adventures in Brief

QPaC: do you want to take a reward for Aegis? I am thinking of taking reduced time, as the adventure took 11 days, and I would prefer not to lose the study time. I am also thinking of taking the Covenant Rewards of increased Loyalty and a positive Reputation. As a more personal reward, I was thinking of getting vis or reputation for Taurus. Thoughts?

Adventure 3:
Magic set : attempted by Pazzino
attempt magic using Int + Faerie Lore to figure out what's happening, then Per + Second sight to see through faerie illusions, and Qik+Premonitions to react quickly to the faerie ambush
roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=151674 - roll 0 (poss botch), 8, 8 - two successes but let's roll two botch dice for that first roll (1 base + 1 bad omens)
roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=151675 - 8, 10 - one botch!

Pazzino cannot figure out what the fae are up to, he just sees a strange illusion covering Anna's brother, and when he goes to investigate he gets a premonition that he's about to get attacked.

Combat set: attempted by Hadrian
He will use str+athletics(3) to jump over the table for cover, Dex+bow(8) to shoot a faerie, Qik+brawl(4) to dodge.
roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=151676 rolls 7,8,4 - total 10,16,8 - two successes one fail - he shoots a faerie with his bow but is unable to dodge fully.

Overall one set of two successes one botch, one set of two successes one fail, so two rewards (from two with two successes) and one loss (from botch)
Time taken is twelve days. Can I be cheeky and say we take vis as a reward and a loss so the two offset each other (any faerie vis we found was mysteriously lost) and end up with a net profit of one reward - one reputation point in "rescues faerie kidnap victims"

Naw, Aegis doesn't need an award

Taurus Magic Theory (Terram)+Int=7+2=9+6=15, success
Aegis Second Sight+Per=4-1=3+9=12, Success
Tarus, Awareness+Sta=2+1=3+6=9, Success

Tarus deduces the issue as likely being caused by some sort of magic creature, or spirit, but its Aegis who finds locates the creature with her second sight. Tarus thinks its a sort of pseduospirt. Tarus gathers and places several small objects for the spirit to decay and begins the week long, very boring process of watching the effects. With that he's able to determine what to "feed" the thing to keep it from eating the wall. Finally, the leftovers contain very small amount of Perdo, and when gathered together actually constitute vis.

Results:
Time: 10 days.
Rewards: Build points*2 5 points=1 pawn Perdo Year, + Vis store 15 pawns Perdo
Experience: 5

Also here is a fluffy description of the vis source.
Decaying Clay - 1 pawn Perdo/Year
Small fragments of pottery must be buried near the castle wall, after a year the pottery will be further degraded and contain a pawn of Perdo vis.

I'm tired, but I think that's right. Sleep now...

Given that it was a magical challenge botch Pazzino would have taken one point of faerie warping for the botch instead of a loss.

What season did Pazzino choose to take care of the faerie imposter?

Autumn - I need to update the yearly planner and Pazzino's character sheet, will do tomorrow.

Also in the future if Turb members are going to show up to handle combat they should be included in the original party list.

In the interest of time I am taking over Gabrielle's ambush adventure: including Ettienne, Hadrian, and Francesco
challenge 1: combat:
ettienne: single weapon(7)+str(2)+assist (Francesco:2)+die roll(4)=15 success
Hadrian: Bow(8)+Dex(2)+die roll (2)=12 success
Ettienne: brawl (3)+quick (2)+ support (2)+ die(6)=13 success

challenge 2: social:
Gabrielle: folk ken (3)+com(2)+support (1)+die roll(7)=13
Gabrielle: etiquette (3)+int(1)+die roll (7)=11+ confidence (3)=14
Gabrielle: guile (3)+per(1)+die roll (8)=12

challenge 3: magic
Ettienne: Awareness (3)+sta(1)+assistance (3)+die roll (3)=10 + confidence (3)
Gabrielle: Enchanting music(2)+presence(0)+die roll (6)=8
third- no appropriate abilities remaining, roll for botch (1) no botch

3 success, 3 success, one success: 5 rewards and 1 loss 9 xp 3 confidence

Sorry, I thought Hadrian had been assigned to me. My mistake. Pazzino does have some combat skills so could have had a go and used faith from his relic and confidence to ensure a similar level of success, so little harm done.

note on Adventure 2- because one of the Grogs (Paco) is jinxed, he takes the warping instead of the magi...

Thanks. And apologies for the delay.
Is the confidence one of the rewards?
Not quite sure what rewards are appropriate for companions ... What is a correspondence and labor points?

Okay, rewards taken for Mercere Complications:
reduced time (Adventure takes 11 - 1 = 10 days)
covenant loyalty increases one point
covenant reputation: protective (among Mercere)
Infamous hook gets one notch
reputation for Taurus (I'll update this after a quick synopsis in a bit)

The notch has to be taken on the hook which spawned the adventure- in this case Mercere house...

Oh. Then, never mind. I will take a different reward.
How about a wand that spoils food at Range: Sight (PeHe10 Base 3 + 3 Sight)? We probably need to spend a season investigating it to determine its effects and the sigil of its creator ...

I should point out that clearing the hook of Mercere house would not mean they depart (though that would be one option), only that they stop generating stories. Alternately if you do buy off merecere house you can then take it again to buy a related boon(s)- like a mercer portal and possibly a couple of other virtues.
If you do decide to take the wand it is probably a gift from the Mercere (or a punishment behind whoever was behind the attacks) and its properties are likely well documented...

Thanks for the clarification. I think I'll go with the magic item instead. I've updated the adventure with some color commentary. The reward is a cedar want that allows the wielder to cast Words of the Unbroken Silence. This is a level 10 effect to account for the build points. Based on an earlier comment about build points, I think we can get multiple uses per day without affecting the points, right? I wanted to double check before statting the wand. Also, Taurus' reputation will be "compassionate" regarding the Mercere House.

With that many build points it can have 3 uses per day. (3 BP reward, 2BP per 5 levels of effect)

The confidence awarded was the standard 1 per challenge set, you can gain additional confidence as reward.
Labor points are for those who either have an independent business or work as craftsmen(women) and can be used for things like extra cash or to cover missed seasons or to improve the quality of your workspace- or in the case of those with a business to improve your income.

Adventures for 1104:

1. (castle)- faeries are offering a town charter to a nearby (currently unchartered) town, and are maligning the reputation of the covenant to imply the town needs protection from you. (spring, first challenge social)
  2. (castle) local peasants are petitioning for right of shelter within the covenant, but their numbers would severely weaken the ability of the covenant to withstand a siege (fall, choice of methods)
  3. (mundane politics) Roger Borsa, Duke of Apulia and Calabria (Locri is in Calabria) has requested the covenant's aid, alongside that of his local loyal vassel, in repressing a faerie led rebellion as "aid against the supernatural" (summer- combat)
  4. (Mercere house) A dispute has arisen regarding a recently settled redcap (retired) who has been accused of swindling some of the local covenfolk in games of chance (fall, legal/diplomatic)
  5. (Gabrielle's enemies:) during the summer Gabrielle is ambushed by a team of faeries who apparently feel insulted by his latest works...
  6. (Gabrielle's enemies) Gabrielle receives a message from what appears to be a secret society noting objections (with veiled threats) regarding his artistic work and lines about the County of Triploi "dividing up lands they do not hold"- this challenge arrives in the fall, open choice for dealing with the first challenge
  7. Andro's search for the lost temple- examining the site results in a magical challenge
    8 ) Evandrus search for familiar- 1st challenge choice of methods.

8 adventures? Eek!

Pazzino will volunteer for 1 (town charter? Send for the lawyer!) and 4 (defending redcaps from legal action is all in a day's work).
Can we send the turb for number 3 or will they need a mage for backup in case there are magical problems from the faerie?

Greetings!

#3 Summer, based on combat? Sign Andros the reckless up. Think we have to devote one whole Turb section, maybe give that old ballista another try, a chance to redeem themselves. Anyone else? Might also have some intrigue if we have to suss out the Faerie troublemakers.

Andros will of course go to his own adventure, #7, in the Fall. If Pazzino is willing, his Second Sight/Premonitions and Faerie Lore would all be useful, I think, it is a magical challenge, 2 grogs for defense ought to do it. I know Pazzino has an adventure in the Fall with the Mercere House lined up, could and would he still go to a second adventure? Anyone else interested?

If such a thing is possible, Andros will also go #2, in the Fall, as he is Compassionate, and it would be difficult to also pass on a military assessment. I would ask Deangelica and Julien the Autocrat to go, as their skills/positions might be germane, and Gabriele, whose Enchanting music might help defuse the situation. A couple of Turb warriors to round out the thing. Choice of methods: have to think about it.

Andros is willing to help anyone else in the Fall, if the adventures can take place consecutively (his Temple exploration may take place at any point in the Season, I am guessing), although his skills might not be appropriate.

So one adventure in Summer, two adventures (maybe 3!) in the Fall. Question, do you get your rewards after each adventure or after the Season? Looking at refreshing Confidence points in particular.

Lots of Faerie miscreants!

Feedback on choices welcome, and obviously the players that control Pazzino and Gabriele have to give their approval.

Since we don't determine order of adventures, just assume that each adventure is on a "net" basis, as is the combination of adventure, rather than a sequential basis.