I thank everyone for being so eager to help out. But I do not think that this many magi are necessary. I don't even know what is going on yet. And I warn you, it will likely involve martial confrontation at some point. But it may require a special set of skills or spells that one of you has and I do not. So there will likely be a need for someone non-martial as well.
I propose this. Two of you that know the magic of instant transportation, travel with me to meet Santiago. Find out what he needs first, then come back here to select a team.
As for non-magi, place that concern on hold for now.
I am excited to see what you do with Santiago. Information about him is found mainly in Roberto's background. He has come up in all three sagas now, but he has ever and always been played "off screen", communicating with letters mainly. But no one has ever acted the character out in play. That will be interesting.
Off the top of my head, there are only a few hard details about the guy...
- He is ugly, but impressive (good Presence and Disfigured?). Imagine Danny Trejo as a magus :mrgreen:
- He has a violent history and dark secrets in his past. Roberto's pater, Joel Muniz, was Santiago's mentor, and taught him to be more calculating and subtle. However, the two of these guys were still lawbreakers and led a mercenary company that fought in mundane conflicts. Hence Roberto's Flaw of Infamous Master
- Santiago was at the battle of Las Navas, as were Roberto and Joel. Joel was killed, Roberto avenged him (earning his battlefield gauntlet), and Santiago became his Mentor (and second pater actually).
- Straight away Santiago and Roberto were plunged into the Shadow Wars and fought in several conflicts. In 1219 the caught up with Rassus and Santiago slew him in combat. Supposedly. Interesting villains have a way of surviving. But That's what Roberto saw and Santiago did. So they believe.
- After that the two part ways and communicate mainly by letters. Santiago went to the Stonehenge Tribunal and became all pious and stuff.
- Santiago is the one who sent Roberto to join Novus Mane, and latter asked him to go to Mons Electi.
- As backstory fluff, he gave Roberto a scroll of spells that are in the library and sent him two of his best soldiers (Allen and Albert). These were paid for in Mustering out.
And that is all I can think of. Some of his magic would be similar to Roberto, and he taught him several spells and skills. However, he is not the one he learned Virtues & Flaws from. So, though they may have some overlap, the origin and basis of Santiago's magic may be somewhat to very different, and he may have developed a few things new and different.
Oh! One more thing. Santiago has not yet had a successful apprentice. Though he may now. Who knows?
But back in the day, Roberto's original "Companion" was a delusional Failed Apprentice who thought he was a monk and called himself Marcellus. He was created and played by Jebrick.
But I really don't have a "persona" for Santiago, just an idea. Someone Roberto idolizes. There are no stats. I tried several times and came up with nothing. So it is all yours. Chisel what you will on the blank spaces of the rough ashler.