.... And Ravens

Katja knows the rough direction of the arrows and have two options, [color=blue]"I can transport you over there but first a defense." She gestures and casts and suddenly a 4' high wall appears between her and the archers. It is only four feet high since she doesn't need to do full height and 15 wide. She ducks the sled down behind the wall she just conjured so that there are no longer any clear shots and it will take a determined run to get into a new shooting position. It gives her allies a strong defense to attack from.

OOC Katja is noncombatant, she is very good though at summoning a defense. Casting was 22+6 = 28, no fatigue lost

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1970701/

Ricardo draws his sword, and using his Magic Boots (:lol:), he transports himself to the enemy location and immediately attacks. He spends Confidence and Fatigue for his initial Attack, hoping for a decisive first strike.

(How do you guys manage rolls? Having taken a wound, Regius must make an angry check to see if he goes berserk or not)

There is a dice roller invisiblecastle.com/roller/
I have a tendency when Sging to backslide and just roll a dice I hav enear the computer, unless people object in which case I remember to use the dice roller.
For the purposes of the Berserk (I had forgotten there was a dice roll or I would have done it when I rolled the attack) is a 4 plus whatever your Anger is

(It's on a result of 9+ that he goes berserk so it's ok for now).

As Katja creates a stone wall, Riccardo Teleports forward and Regius spotting where Riccardo appears finally locates the men who shot at him.
He can see two charging towards him , although they are still some 30 yards away.

As Riccardo appears he see's three men dressed in Leather armour, even before he appeared they had dropped their bows and drawn axes starting to move forward towards the sled.
The one he appears closest too turns and slashes at him, Riccardo notices that the man is frothing at the mouth and the bandits eye's bulge .
Slightly unbalanced by his teleport Riccardo is slow to strike and the bandit strikes first. (Iniitative totals 5 and 7)
The bandit swings with his axe (14 , his blow is easily parried by Riccardo 24)
Riccardo's counter attack (total 38, easily avods the bandits hastily interposed shield 14), the blade bites deep into the man's leg near the thigh and he drops as a great gout of blood sprays over Riccardo and the surrounding area as the man's femoral artery is severed.

I turn to the next closest one and continue
[color=red]Want to play also? Come, let's dance!
Riccardo attack is as normal, no Fatigue spent (though he may spend Confidence if the roll is close).

Wanting perhaps to get an answer, Katja takes steps to capture. She calls out loudly so her booming voice will reach and opens a pit in the earth to drop the men in. She might not actually fight but with walls and pits, she is not exactly completely helpless.

OOC: pit of gaping earth beneath the feet of one of the charging bandits: booming voice so casting total 21+4 for 24. This causes fall of 9' for stress +5 damage, rolled a 9 so 14 damage to be soaked for the fall into the pit

Casting
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1970848/

Damage
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1970853/

Regius will cast Wizard's leap to close the ground in combat faster to try to appear behind the man and slash at him from behind with his great sword.

Riccardo gives chase to the two Bandits who had opened up a considerable distance while he despatched the first bandit.
The Two bandits close on the mages by the sled, however acting at the same moment the mages act.
Regius appears next to one of the bandits his blade already swinging
His sword lands a solid blow crunching into the bandits ribs , the bandit goes down but is apparently not dead yet (Damage total 17)
Then the grund beneath the injured bandit and Regius vanishes dropping them both into a pit. Regius's rugged physique easily shrugs off the effect of the fall particularly as it is cushioned by the unfortunate bandit. There is the sound of breaking bones as Regius impacts on top of him. A the same time a magical assault is repelled by the Parma Magica of Regius.
Regius overcomes the surge of bestial fury within him

Two bandits are dead
the final one has an Incapacitating wound and a Heavy wound.

The final bandit reaches Katja's wall and as she scrambles over it Riccardo catches him from behind and swings at him, Off balance the forthing bandit swings back
Riccardo slips on a patch of disturbed earth but fortuitously this causes his head to slip under the blade of the bandit(Charmed life )

His own blade (Total 32 , vsi defense of 7 ) catches the bandit between his ribs and apparently through the heart jusging by the impressive spurt of blood which reaches as far as Katja. She also feels a magical assault on her Parma which is only just turned

The air around the Flambeau is still heavy from his previous spell (Warped Magic); the feeling of dread from his sigil remains palpable. Freeing his feet from the wounded bandit he looks up and snorts before using Wizard's leap to reappear topside.

(He'll fast cast wizard's leap if other such effect occurs to get out of the way).

The air around the Flambeau is still heavy from his previous spell (Warped Magic); the feeling of dread from his sigil remains palpable. Freeing his feet from the corpse he looks up and snorts before using Wizard's leap to reappear topside.

(He'll fast cast wizard's leap if other such effect occurs to get out of the way).
[/quote]

[color=blue]Actually the bandit in the hole with you is the still living one

[color=red]Which of you was conjuring holes in the battlefield? What in the world were you thinking?

(sorry, edited the post to reflect that).

The magus mumbles defensively. "It wasn't me!"

Katja speaks carefully [color=blue]"I summoned the pit and I was trying to get the one that Regius was not charging since you were at a distance dealing with the one you were fighitng. She has been looking over the wall to cast her pit spell since the wall was her barrier and protection against attack. [color=blue]"A foe in a pit would be slightly injured and could be questioned and otherwise interrogated. I especially want to question them since something touched my parma the moment that you splattered me with blood." She casts a quick spell to pull the blood off of her clothing.

OOC: PeCo vs blood on my clothing, level 5 normally should be more than enough (base 3, +2 voice): 12 + roll 6 = 18/2 = 9 so penetration 4 if necessary.

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1971053/

After hearing about something being turned aside on Katja's parma. The flambeau looks around suspiciously for any signs of other attackers. Particularly looking for tracks or foot prints as he circles the area on foot and through wizard's leaps to cover more ground as he tries to determine where the source of the effect may be coming from. If he cannot find the source of the spell, he becomes increasingly frustrated.

[color=blue]OOC I was a bit mean with the pit catching regius, However you have not fought together before, didn't really know what the other would do AND got excatly the same initiative. So I randomly rolled to see who went after which target and got the same one

The blood vanishes from Katja's robes, it does not seem to resist her magic at all.
There is some agonised groaning from the pit.
Regius patrols around the edge of the area of the fight, He can find no trace of anyone except the three known attackers . He does think he can make out a trail left by the three bandits as they moved into their ambush position

Having found the trail his face beams proudly, the thrill of the hunt simmering below the surface. He follows the trail.

(OOC: invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1971100/ Result of 6. I assume the target is somewhat low seeing as its winter and there is some snow on the ground? I will spend confidence if it helps).

Katja is not happy about this but She wills her sled to rise to eight feet over the ground level and crawls into the back to give herself cover. She will then have it start to follow Regius. [color=blue]"I wish we had captured one alive rather than killing them. The incapacitated one might as well be dead.

[color=red]So you put us at risk of injury and death? So you can capture one for questioning? You could just summon their ghosts, third magnitude Corpus spell. I am educated in what wizards can do with their magic.

You...
You need training.