Anno Magica 2024

Just in case people aren't reading the announcements forum.

Anno Magica 2024

30 Likes

Well, this is pretty huge, and clearly the 20 year core revision we've heard about! I am very excited to see this released and look forward to seeing the kickstarter? Indiego? campaign released this fall.

2 Likes

Really curious what as to what will be included and what will be changed. I can certainly think of some edge-cases that have only been driven wider as the years have passed on this old community. Also curious what sort of things we'll see come out as a result of this open license :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Obsessive readers of the forum can make a pretty good guess.

11 Likes

If you folllow the sign up link, it is backerkit.

I should also add that I welcome these news and hope that the CC-BY-SA-4.0 will stick.

6 Likes

I am enthused by this (and already thinking about what I can have ready to publish when the time comes).

5 Likes

That's great news :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If they had called it anything other than Ā«definiteĀ», I would have been enthused. When they say Ā«definiteĀ» I feel they just promise us that there can never ever be another follow-up.

Hey, let's make that a proposal for the first erratum. The edition is not Ā«definiteĀ», it is ... euh ... Ā«consolidatedĀ»?

I don't know.

6 Likes

I think we're going to end up using Backerkit. We're just exhausted by the inadequacies of Kickstarter's platform. If we need to use another site for post-campaign pledge management, we may as well just build there in the first place.

5 Likes

LOL, fair enough.

This is still ArM5, but the intent is for it to be the core book for decades into the future. And its text should be the canonical base of open licensed derivatives.

11 Likes

Neat, I'll have to start saving up!

Will be interesting to see what changes wind up being realized in light of the limitations of working within the 5e framework.

3 Likes

David Chart, Line Developer for 5th Edition, has spent the last few years revising and updating its text.

Heroic! Kudos to David Chart, spending years revising and updating :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The dream I have had for so long, "5th edition Revised", is finally coming true!

6 Likes

Awesome!

But already feels like an infinite wait

W

3 Likes

Looking at my records, I started in early 2021. Very nearly three years.

Not full time. Nobody in the history of Ars Magica has ever worked on the line full time, to the best of my knowledge.

6 Likes

Here's to hoping you're going to announce the rest of the missing tribunal books too!

5 Likes

On one hand, remakes of the 3E Tribunal books would make excellent stretch goals.
On the other hand, additional content as stretch goals has a history of introducing lots of delays in delivery.

This is a must buy for me. I just hope that Atlas will be able to do something so your non-American fans are not hit with American shipping costs.

8 Likes

Time to prepare. We need to make the community ready for newbies.

13 Likes

I am very much looking forward to this definitive version.

As someone who often struggles to find a troupe, I sincerely hope that

While the underlying manuscript is the 5th Edition text, extensive revisions reflect decades of play and incorporate a host of new material [...]

includes tweaks to lower the barrier to entry for newcomers (Grogs packages anybody?) as well as a dedicated "reference manual" component.

Either way, you'll get my money :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Easy stretch goals can be simple things like better printing, binding, artwork, PDF only supplements than donā€™t delay main book (like a mega index)

Agree postage from the US could be a non starter for most of the real world. This will need to be addressed

3 Likes