Chapter 1: The guesthouse

Aelianus Robur turns towards the voice of Okeanos. [color=red]Perhaps, Aelianus says,[color=red] join us at the table and introduce your self. I think I can assume that you are the magi how has not yet arrived.

[color=blue] OOC: Intressant det som the Fixer nämnde tidigare angående språk, undrar bara när jag får användning för mina språkkunskaper.

David doesn't seem to care that he has been recruited to do mundane works, and treats Iolar to a cold smile. [color=red]I will swear your oath, provided it does not supersede mine to my house. And if I am to rebuild the docks, I shall require two to three dozen adult bodies that were buried without your Christian sacrament. Freshness is of no real import, but if you want my laborers to not alarm the superstitious and the weak around the countryside, they should at least be able to pass for sickly members of the living. The services of a carpenter or shipwright would be appreciated, though not required - unless, of course, you want your docks to be more than a pile of wood. My laborers are tireless but unfortunately unimaginative.

Smiling again Iolar replies
[color=red]"That would be the covenant's oath not mine and someone elses christianity I find all these monotheist religions so sad and depressing don't you agree. And find you own bodies or make them they're messy and its your project I am sure you can find your own resources.

[color=red]I am fully aware it is not your oath, Lady Jonah, and I apologize if I made it seem as if I thought it were. My Latin has been known to fail me in the past. As for the procurement of corpses, I thought it would be the sort of thing you would take to, as a godless pagan. David practically spits the last few words, his smile cracking to reveal an unpleasant sneer. He stops, takes a few breaths, and his cold smile returns.

[color=blue]OOC: You found one of his buttons!

Her smile growing even broader Iolar replies, from some angles it appears flames are dancing in her eyes.
[color=red]I tend to leave dead bodies to the Tremere it seems to suit their tastes better than mine. As for being a Pagan well thats a bit obvious isn't it and I will have you know I have several Gods although overall I prefer Goddesses, So I seem to be doing better on that front than the average montheist . But perhaps we should let your temper settle before you embarrass yourself and your house again we can always renew this interesting little conversation another day.

[color=blue]OOC She was trying to , he already annoyed her

[color=green]Havlard:

Looks around at the banter with some impatiences.
[color=red]
I will swear your oath Aelianus.

[color=green]Roberto

He is still bothered by the disrespect the servant showed me in front of everyone. Notes to self to have a talk with him later, and this time to use some Confidence in the roll if needed (I have never played by post before, and in the previous encounter, had I rolled a die, I would have been willing to spend a point or two in order to make a good first impression). Scrambling for a way to try and save face, he notes the conflict in the current discussion and makes his move.

(smiles) [color=red]I am glad to hear that you will be accompanying me to the Tournament. I am sure we will make a strong showing.

He is also slightly bothered at the negative attitude being projected at his faith. As for Davis, well, the Tremere are mostly Godless anyway, and he was merely stating a fact of magical requirement. It is Iolar that upset him the most. He understands and respects the fact that magi have many varied different beliefs. But to cal the joy and glory of the Savior a depressing thing, while I am sitting right here and she knows full well I am Catholic (I did the Rosary as part of my Parma Ritual as everyone watched), that was disrespectful. Ad what does she mean by monotheistic religions? As if there was another kind. Worshiping faeries and magical beings isn’t any sort of theism at all. She was soaring high, being a hot firebird chick, but just fell several notches in my eyes.

I also think their dispute is ridiculous, and I see a much better solution. So, instead of fuming over an unintentional slight, I put forth my suggestions.

[color=red]Pardon me, but it seems that we may have a magus who is better suited for the task of revitalizing our fishing resources (uses powers of pointing out the obvious and waves at the newly arrived dripping wet seaweed smelling Okenos). As far as dealing with this Florum covenant goes, I do believe that a political matter such as this would be a better use of David’s talents. He is a Tremere after all.

As far as my loyalty, I have already pledged myself to your cause. There are many various ways I would be glad to be of service. I have an interest in the covenant’s defenses, as well as the training of our fighting men. Also, I think you implied that there is only the one functional Laboratory. I was well educated in Magic Theory (score of 4), and would also be glad to help others design and build new laboratories. Do you have the equipment to spare for this project, or is that another one of our material needs?

[color=green]Havlard:

[color=red]Building of docks and fishing boats has more to do with getting lumber and skilled craftsmen as David has stated. Not that our new arrivals possible abilities in the water might somewhat help.

[color=green]David
[color=red]I will be happy to serve however I may be needed, and can even help with both, as I can supply laborers for the docks while engaging in negotiations with Florum and perhaps even taking on more tasks for those of you who seem less inclined to work wisely. I bid you remember that not everything can be done with magic, or should, unless - pardon my language - you have found a way to piss vis.

[color=green]At the Guest House
The largest woman the companions have ever seen comes through the door of the guest house. She is an easy six and a half feet tall, with a figure that would make a stone-age mother goddess statue proud - a truly awesome sight. [color=blue]Presence 4 [color=red]Good evening, masters and misses, she says in near-perfect latin. [color=red]My name is Colijne, or Mistress Boone if you prefer, and I'm here to see that you all are being well-treated while the master and his dusty new friends bury themselves in dusty conversation, with nary a care for us lesser folk, not that we should mind, of course, but somebody has to watch out for us or we'll all wind up mad, or on fire, or both, or worse. She pauses for breath. [color=red]And who, pray tell, might you all be?

[color=red]I am Okeanos ex Merinita, i have come from the east in the novogrod due to some, "Family" trouble that involved my parens. I could help restore any fountains that may be needing work, or perhaps dealing with any fey that may be lurking around, or even setting up trade with. Another area that i can help with is looking or collecting any vis sources that might be in the water.

[color=green]David
[color=red]Restoring fountains. How amazingly useful, because we really need some decorative nothings when we have no money. He sighs. [color=red]We are going to have our work cut out for us, but at least our garderobes will be clean.

[color=green]Roberto
[color=red]Why so suddenly bitter my friend? He was simply stating his talents. We all have different diverse skills. I am a master of Creo, whereas my soldale Wirth, of the line of Apromor, is a master of Perdo. The lovely maga Iolar is a mistress of Ignem, you a master of Corpus, and our new friend is obviously talented with Aquam. And I am sure Halvard and Alenius are talented in ways we are not, and visa versa. I say let us each take to the duties that bbest suit our strengths. I am quite sure he is more familiar with the challenges of seafaring and the aquatic than any of us. We don't need zombie labor. There are plenty of egar men out there, who seem to me to be eager for the chance to work. I understand your desire to prove yourself useful. But this is not a competition to see which of us is the most talented hardest working. A soldiers greatest glory does not come from within himself, but from the soldier on his left and his right. Our glory will be achieved through our common success, not by trying to outdo each other.

I am the only member with a leadership skil :slight_smile:

[color=green]Iolar

[color=red]Roberto speaks sense, there is no point in continued bickering, let us swear the oath of covenant , study our new home and then meet again when we each have a clear idea of the needs of the covenant and how we can best contribute towards them.
I will swear the oath now

Iolar rises to her feet and assumes an unusually solemn pose

[color=red]" I Iolar Firewing Maruhis Filia Elena a member of House Bjornear swear my fealty to the covenant of Novus Manes and obedience to its charter on this 3rd day of the 865th year of the age of Ares

[color=blue]OOC , it is the beginning of Spring so early in the hermetic year and I can't remember the conversion to the ages of ares numbering system so Sue me if I got it wrong

I likewise swear the oath alongside her

[color=green]Wirth

[color=red]If we intend to stay, we sure should. Give me those
I read the covenant oath carefully. I also take a token, of course.

When Okeanos enters, I inspect him carefully as well, especially as he is such a strange sight.

[color=red]Ha! I love your style :smiling_imp:

Then, I relax and visibly enjoy the bickering between David and Iolas. Though nominally christian, I don't care much, and think that if people are stupid enough to criticize so vehemently and in a visibly ill-informed way such a trivial matter, they don't deserve my anger.
The dispute, though, that is some fun :laughing:
In fact, all the little side remarcks are fun, as an application of Perdo Mentem at work in the world, at least as long as it doesn't go too far.

(...)

[color=red]It'll be a pleasure, and an honor :smiley:.
Same goes for working with you on the covenant's defenses and turb

To the others
[color=red]He's right.
See you all bicker has been fun, but let us leave that to our ennemies.

Oh, and if there's nothing unpleasant in the oath, I swear it as well.

(big smile on face)
[color=red]Excellent! Did your master teach you the Wizard's lance?

Roberto goes on to explain how to best utilize your sheild grogs, though he refrains from that specific phrase (he prefers custos, as his duties as an apprentice was akin to being a sheild grog, and none of them ever carried shields). The Wizard's Lance is forming a trained or untrained group centered on a magus. The magus either is part of the group, fights alongside the group, or is defended by the group while he casts spells. Later on, if given a chance, he will demonstrate all three formations with the assistance of Marcello, Carlos and Pedro. He points out how this works well for anyone. Custos are for more than just guarding covenant walls. They are your stalward soldiers when off on dangerous adventure. You black out from a twilight episode while casting that death spell agains a frost giant, it is they who will save your life by dragging you out of there (true story, happened to my character Constantius in another game).

[color=red]No. My training avoided direct confrontation, favoring subtle magics.
But I'll gladly learn it. My parens told me I'd have to anyway, and I think he's right.

(In truth, not only was my training less confrontationnal, I was such a difficult student for such a long time than the poor guy was lucky to teach me anything at all :laughing: )

[color=green]Iolar
[color=red]This is just playing, David here is just entertaining me I think. No lingering animosity or resentment between Sodali I don't think. I will leave you and Roberto to discuss the ancient art of warfare . It's not really my thing , I am far too shy and retiring for such conflict. With everyone's permission I will wish you all a good night and catch the last of the evening thermal's

She turns and walks towards the exit

Watches her walk out the door, with an adolescent smile on his face. When I notice people looking at me, I say [color=red]"What? I'm just looking. Eh, whatever"

Drinks the rest of his goblet, then goes to check on Marcello, Pedro, and Carlos. If they are up to it, I perform that demonstration for Wirth. Thenlater, grabbing his gear, he retires to his chambers. [color=red]"Hmmm, a bed. Not quite used to that" Unrolls his bedroll and lays it on top of the bed. He dreams of adventure and glory as he sleeps. He also keeps his sword right next to him (in the scabbard of course).

A few minutes later, he throws off the covers and kneels at the side of the bed to say his prayers. Not that he is particularly pious or anything. He may be a lazy backslider, but he is Christian and never for a second does he doubt. He just forgets sometimes :slight_smile: