Chapter 4b Twilight and Gloaming

InTe lets you speak with a rock. Probably much lower level than trying to tranform it.

ooc: InTe20 is the base - and even that is too high for Marie and Carmen.
It is easier to cast a MuTe(Co)15 spell (Base 5, +1T, +1C), but our heroines aren't up to that either, unless there is a huge aura around. :unamused:

Realizing that their magic won't solve this, Marie gently touches the rock with her crippled arms hoping it can somehow communicate.

(ooc: how heavy is it? Have the others found us again? Can they talk to it?)

Hmmmm.....

This rock seems out of place as we were told.
Maybe it needs to be put back in it's correct place?

Well, no one seems to have been able to talk to it. One of the grogs tries to lift it, and it seems quite heavy, though two of them together might be able to manage it.

Scott

Decimus knows a thing or two when it comes to ceremonial magic.

[color=red]I try to let the rock talk, but it will take some time. Decimus pulls out his travellers kit of props and a piece of chalk. He tries to cast a spell that will allow the rock to talk, as suggested above. MuTe(Co) lv. 15, casting total: Stamina +2, Virtue bonuses: -3 cyclic magic night, +3 special circumstances, method caster +3, loud voice and bold gestures +2, props +1, Muto 5 Terram 4, Corpus 5, Artes liberates 6, Philosophiae 6; Total: 29+dice and aura

Carmen sits on the ground crosslegged, watching her sodales act confused. then she says "[color=red]Maybe it reallu is just a rock. Maybe we should pick it up and see what's underneeth."

[color=red]Maybe. Let the man do his thing, and then, we'll see.
Come to think of it, I'm curious...

Dimir Taar point his clenched fist towards the darkness
[color=red]Let see if I can shed some light on this matter.
A little louder[color=red]
If there's something out there, you should duck for cover

Ok, I'll just use my Ring of Pure Flame to fire up some Arc of Fiery Ribbons ahead of me, firing one way, then another, see if this can briefly illuminate something.

[color=blue]Yes, this is somewhat heavy-handed. So what?

[color=blue]Carmen keeps her mouth shut (a rarity), but she does admire a man with a heavy hand.

Not like that, pervs! I mean that she respects bold and decisive action.

OK, you realize this spell is going ot take an hour and a half? What will the rest of you do while you're waiting?

Scott

I test my Parma to make sure that we have not yet crossed sunset. Non-fatiging spont InVi with Forceless casting.

I then ask Dimir Taar or Marie if they can possible set up a circular ward against faries, so when our Parma does expire, we can retreat into the circle to re-cast it.

I then do some introspective soul searching. I think picking up the rock is the thing we need to do, but I check to see what my Intuition says.

Sadly, a spontaneous ward is next to useless.

But it seems we have ample time to pick up the rock

Remember the House rule; we don't need to worry about Penetration if the Ward matches Realm and Form. ReTe should be what we are looking for.

You Intuition isn't set on picking up the rock, but it's not exactly appalled by the prospect, either.

Scott

Marie lifts the rock with ReTe unless it is permanently linked to the floor or porose.

That spell doesn't work. Or rather, it seems to work, but it has no effect. The rock sits still.

Scott

[color=green]Carmen: (laughs out loud). [color=red]Marie, didn't your mother teach you anything? That's not how you move a rock. Let me show you. (Bat's eyelashes and looks over at Decimus & Dimir Taar) [color=red]Oh boys, could you move this for me? :wink:

The grogs are indeed able to lift the rock, without too much trouble. What do you want them to do with it, though?

Scott

move it to one side to see if there is anything underneeth it. I doubt there is, but Marie seems pretty fixated on this stupid rock.

Maybe it is just a rock?

[color=green]Dimir Taar
[color=red]Yes, I could. No, I won't. Don't mistake me for your servant, girl, unless you wish to regret it

[color=blue]loooool Love carmen

There's nothing under the rock, as it happens.

Scott