Chapter 5b - The Weight in Darkness (or Wait in Darkness)

The grog looks like he is going to faint, that MAN.

old version (to be ignored), because our SG said it was unrealistic - which is true:
The grog with Carmen, the one who was so worried before, now faints. He ends up either lying half through the illusionary wall or gets a wound (I'd suggest small or medium) when he falls against the solid wall.

(ooc: well scott? Illusion or not?))

There was no grog with me afaik, and if any grog of ours faints then he is fired. When we get home, he can pack up his stuff and move back to sissy-land.

ooc: MTKnife said there is one. See Chapter 4b, page 14 4th post from the bottom. And by the way, you won't be able to fire the bloke if the wall is an illusion. all our mage characters look stupid if the grog finds the riddle's answer by fainting! :smiley:

I don't care about looking stupid. I care about looking weak and lacking nerve. I praise the custos who can out wit me. He is a valueable asset. But if he just faints like some sissy pansy, then he is fired. If he passed out because of some spell or magic, that's acceptable. But if he passed out from fear or stress, then I have half a mind to put him out of his misery and say he died in battle so he can at least keep his honor intact.

But I am not that extreme. I will try to get him out alive as well as the rest of us. But once we get home, he gets transfered to another covenant as a laundry maid. I also reccomend we intensify our vetting process.

OK, I don't think it's realistic to expect the manly grog to faint conveniently at just the right moment...so you'd better find another solution. :slight_smile:

Scott

I suggest Carmen taking off her top to induce fainting. :smiling_imp:

:smiley:
yes yes. My solution is to fire off a Lightning Bolt down the hallway. Probably won't bust through any rock, but I am angry.

I then walk up to the scorch mark on the wall and begin contemplating a spontaneous PeTe effect. Level 5 (base 4, +1 touch) will destroy 10 cubic paces at a time.

But for the moment I am just contemplating. Maybe if I cast ceremonially and use vis, I can hit level 10 and destroy 100 cubic paces. That should dig a nice long tunnel. But first I need to get my orientation. And I have an idea for that...

(ooc: ok, Scott, I changed my post about the fainting grog - sorry if it truly bothered anyone).

Marie, who by now is pretty angry at the fairy tricks, has an idea, mutters to herself, kicks the wall - in frustration, as it seems.

(ooc: well, Scott!?)

:unamused:

Wasn't a bother. But Carmen won't tolorate sissy weakness in the ranks. You almost got the guy fired! Carmen does not realize it, but she is indeed a bit sexist. Of course, that doesn't apply to her because she thinks she is awesome.

The lightning bolt makes a very impressive scorch, even blasting a little bit of rock out of the wall.

Scott

Ow. Marie's toe hurts.

Scott

Okay. 100 cubic paces is a lot of rock.

I spend a Fatigue level; Pe3, Te4, Sta 0, Aura ?, SD ?

I need a 3 or more to cast without spending confidence, but with confidence (if needed), I only need to not botch.

My tunnel will be 2 paces high and wide, and long as I can make it.

OK...you now have a two-pace long tunnel to nowhere.

Scott

2x2x2 is only 8 cubic paces, not 100. It should be more like 25 paces deep

Oh, sorry...that's what I get for not reading carefully.

You now have a twelve-and-a-half-pace tunnel to nowhere.

Scott

Actually, I am the one who negleted to read carefully. Base Individual for Stone is only 1 cubic pace, Base 3 to Destroy Dirt, +1M Stone. +1M Touch, equals level 5. If my tunnle is 2 paces high and wide, then I only would dig a quarter-pace into the rock.

You cast a lightening bolt at touch range? This only works well in the medieval paradigm :open_mouth:

LOL, no-no...
I casted the Lightning Bolt from all the way at the other end of the hall. It is the spontaneous Perdo-Terram effect I am casting at Touch range.

OCC - I am trying to catch up, I fell behind this week with a combination of work and holiday pressure. I have read everything, I just gotta write up some stuff.