Chapter 5b - The Weight in Darkness (or Wait in Darkness)

If Chuckles need help, I can blast at the rubble with a few lightning bolts. Not trying to create a smooth, fancy tunnle. Just enough of a passage for the two of us to crawl through.

OK, that plan is progressing nicely, though you're still not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel.

What are your compatriots doing in the meantime?

Scott

Crying for their mommy? I dunno. I lost sight of them some time ago.

Just exactly who is with me?

Still no sign of any regio boundary?

With you you have Decimus and a handful of grogs, including Edward and Astrid.

Actually...as your frustration with the situation starts to build, you turn right and take a short passage that leads you back out into the cave where you started--you're pretty sure that the tunnel exit is a regio boundary.

Scott

Ok.

Dimir Taar stops, a dubious look upon his inhuman face. [color=red]
Listen, you all. This looks like a regio boundary, and could lead out. But don't get your hopes high yet: This could be a trap, or lead further in. Faeries are a wicked bunch, after all.
I want one of you guys at my side. Decimus will go in the middle. Keep your eyes open, and get ready in case things get ugly.

We need to get out of here, and find a way to rescue Carmen if she's still there.

[color=blue]Ok... I recast all my defensive spells. Then, I'll cast a Diameter version of my previous regio sensing spell, which'll let me free to concentrate on my Second Sight (with confidence if necessary). Then, I'll continue up ahead, ready to blast anything if need be.

You end up in the cave where you started, where the grog you posted to guard you stands, looking a bit bewildered. He tells you that Carmen has already reappeared and then gone right back in, saying hardly a word in the process.

Scott

[color=red]Dig faster Chuckles! I am loosing paitence!

[color=green]Dimir Taar
[color=red]Sigh... That's carmen for you, she's got guts to spare. I can't say I don't love the girl :smiley: (Given his inhuman features, his genuine smile looks very strange, almost predatory, and, though used to him and this, some grogs can't avoid a shiver going throught their spine).

[color=red]Still, this brought us nothing. I'd gladly prepare a season, bind some powerfull Earth Spirits, come back and raze the entire thing :smiling_imp: Too bad this might be ill advised.
Blast, I'll, if I don't get carmen back, and damned the the wretched things!

Dimir Taar then pauses a moment, considering his options, then turns to Decimus and the grogs.
[color=red]Going back here will do us no good. If we didn't cross Carmen on the way out, we might do this again if we went back, or, worse, get lost in the stupid maze.

We can't lose too much time. Now that we know what silly tricks we have to face, I shall return to the covenant. I'm sure I can find some useful trinkets in the vault that'll allow us to navigate this maze with more ease. Well, if I can remember where they were in all this rubble :unamused:
Pointing to some grogs:
[color=red]You stay there, and warn Carmen when she'll emerge.
Decimus, you staying here could be a good thing, as our grogs, vaillant though they may be, will be powerless against faerie glamours and magics.

With that, Dimir Taar, in a spider-like move, deploys his bladed wings, and fly quickly to andorra

OOC: I presume you are flying over to the other thread then?

OOC: Yup! :smiley:

Dimir thought about going there after carmen, but thinks this is a bad idea. Nonetheless, he will level up the mountain if she dies there, damned be the consequences :imp:

Fixir,
Dimir Taar has moved over to the other thread. This experiment is experiencing some chaos, and i am curious to see how it plays out.

Anyway, Chuckles is still digging away while Carmen yells at him. I think he kind of likes it.

Still digging. Carmen has Chuckles stand aside a moment, and blasts some of the larger chunks with mastered Lightning Bolts. Then I let him rest a bit, then back to work.

Chuckles, to his joy, finally is relieved of his onerous task as a lightning bolt blasts a hole in a large chamber--indeed, so large that neither of them can see the ceiling or other walls. Is this the same one they were in before?

Scott

Mayhaps so. Is there a rock in the middle of the floor?

I spont a weak light spell.

It's not like you can see the whole floor, so there could well be a rock there...somewhere. Yea, there could even be a whole family of rocks, sitting around a little rock campfire and roasting rock giblets on sticks.

Scott

ooc: [size=200]BREAKTHROUGH!!![/size]

Hmmm....

Who has that rock we were using to place light spells on? Do I have it or does Marie? Are there any rocks in here now? Any targets I can vent my rage and frustration on? Carmen is impatient and does not like being confined like this.

Bump
:smiley:

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you were asking me. (I was very tired after staying up a couple of nights to grade.) Marie has it. I think though that with your lightning bolts you could obtain one pretty easily, so let's say you've done that, and cast a light spell on it.

Scott