Chapter 8 - Drake Hunting

Carmen is busy right at the moment. I was thinking about pairing Txatxtu with Marcellus, as the have much in common (both giant kin, but different lineages). Antonio might sponsor you, depending on how well you perform in Certamen and on the hunt.

OOC: I really wish i had the book.

I want to spont cast a Rego Imaginem to focus my voice so only she hears this.
Again don't know the difficulty...

[color=red]"Do you run often from your troubles? What does daddy's little girl have to fear?"

The priest tells you that your sympathy is misplaced. They are Drakes. They terrorize villages, slaughter livestock, and eat virgin maidens.

Then drop the spell and loudly say:
[color=red]"I'm sorry I just wanted to appologize for the other evening."

[color=red]And you do that by endangering me while in flight and making insults? Like I am worried about being the randy old goat that he is? I wouldn't be here if he wasn't like that! "Daddy's little girl"? That's what you think of me? Just because my father taught me to respect myself and not present myself as a muddy ditch?

Cat Fight is On! Carmen goes to slap you and pull your hair...

Then hopefully Marcellus will accept the invitation. Valentino won't rescind his offers to Txatxu, especially since Txatxu seemed a little uncertain of himself and Valentino can to a lot to protect Txatxu.

[OOC - Is that one of the other Flambeau alternatives to Certamen?]

Kallista will play the victim in this one. She's going to try and protect her own silks and... if possible rip Carmen's gown for the muddy ditch comment.

Edit: clarified i wanted to rip Carmen's gown.

No, that is the SG being a perv :laughing:
It is a non-magical brawl.

[color=red]"Disregard me as though I'm below you, B*ch. Don't flaunt what you don't have."

I got a brawl of 1
dex of 1
quick of 1

OOC: i want her to challenge me, not vis a vi.

Brawl 3, Quik +1

You have more dexterity, she has more skill, you are both weak but you are weaker. She slaps you, you tear the gown, she pulls your hair, you pull hers, screams, then Antonio steps forth.
[color=red]Knock it off! Damnitt!

Kalista and Carmen in unison: [color=red]She started it!

Kallista will gather what little of her pride is left, cross her arms and look indignant toward Carmen.

She is very mad she was ignored. She waits for Carmen to explain herself, since Antonio was going to be the topic of discussion... And because she knows she Deliberately tried to 'push Carmen's buttons'.

Carmen swears in Ladinio (the Iberian equivilent to Yiddish) and storms off. She is pissed about the torn dress. When she comes back later, she is wearing male clothes again (though they do not look at all like man clothes on her frame).

Antonio is slightly emarrased :blush: [color=red]Um, she takes after me more than I like to admit. I'm really sorry. I'll go talk to her....

Having grown up with the Blatant Gift all of her life, Carmen isn't well socialized around other women :wink:

[color=red]"I would say, 'No I'll go appologise', but thats what I was trying to do. That dress is going to be ruined... Can you tell her I'm sorry, I think she said it was her mother's."

I may need a Guile roll... Cause she ripped the thing on purpose.

[color=red]"Perhaps deal with them when they come down out of the mountains. I guess. I am not much of a hunter and I don't like fighting. Plus I can't spare the month since I am working on that spell to make the plants grow." She considers trying to get three pawns of herbam vis to do lesser enchanted device to just touch the plants for effect. She decides that for now, she can repeatedly cast the spell.

Kallista knows not to get between a father and his daughter. Her face looks like she just ate something foul. [color=red] "It was my fault. Let me know if there is anything I can do."

She'll take her leave as politely as possible.

The disheveled Kallista now looks for Ameline. Hopefully this goes over better. Kallista will ask around and debate looking in the church. She'll the look in the church last.

[color=darkred]"I am recently gauntlet, as you say," he nods and then smiles and bows some to the woman, but doesn't show any sign of attraction or anything as he says, [color=darkred]"madam," then turning back to Valentino. [color=darkred]"Do you think it will be necessary? My master did teach me that..."

[color=darkred]
"Oh hello Madam Kallista, how are you? Yes, Antonio is organizing one such hunt indeed, but I don't yet know all who are going, only that I have been accepted at Valentino's team. You know, the latest arrival?"

He seems cheerful as he says so, and nods to her as she spots Carmen and goes away to talk to the Flambeau woman...