Chapter 8: The Bone Merchant

Carlos is small enough to ride a giant Iolar as well :laughing:
And the shrink spell would wear off at sunset. It's all about timing :smiley:

Once Aelianus have the mundane up in his lab and the other are on their way he will begin to cast some spells upon the man. First spell is to determine if he ever have been affected by hermetic magic, thus he is searching of traces of magic.

OOC: In 7 + Vi 6 + Aura 6 + 3 props + 2 gestures and voice + 3 cyclic magic + 2 Artes liberates + 3 philosophiae +1 stamina; total 33+ 9 from dice (invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2073696/); level 20. Base 15 +1 touch +0 momentary duration) The spell will detect any magical residues of -1 magnitude or more.

Presuming Sir Richard actually managed to pass on a useful description of the location of the convent.
[color=red]I think Roberto I will decide which man will ride me.
She meets Roberto's gaze with that
[color=red]Know I will be off
Iolar assumes Eagle form and head off following the coast in the direction of Sir Richards Directions

[color=blue]OOC Besides being a bit offended by the idea I am not sure that Iolar could manage the size changing effects MuCo15 is a bit high for my spont magic Mu 4+co 5 +Mu 4 +aura 6 +sta 1 +Shouting and waving +2+ceremonial +1= 23 so it is doable but pushed Iolar's abilities and is not something she wants to do

OOC - Actually you only needed level 10. The spell from text has an added magnitude for allowing both growth and two kinds of shrinking.
:wink: And if you think scary pagan lady is the best way to approach the nuns, be my guest :smiley:

I will assume that after a long debate, you convince him to have his servant hold the relic he is carrying.

He is currently under the effect of a hermetic spell.

After much talking and debating Sir Richard will write a letter to the Mother Superior of Saint-Elisabeth explaining what you want...Even though he does not understand it or trust it.

Iolar will set of in search of the convent .
[color=blue]OCC I know she is not the best choice (and not the worst) she is not certain she is the best choice but she is not going to be told that some petty little mundane is better than her , she is getting annoyed at the constant dismissal of her abilities even when it's right

Oversensative :wink:

One difference Roberto and Iolar have is the view of "mundanes". I am sure Aelianus shares Iolar's view.
But to Roberto, the Gift is nothing special. Yeal, it is a talent for magic, and he has other taents as well. There are talents he doesn't have; such as cooking or preaching at a pulpit. Roberto does not feel that the Gift makes him anything special, rather it is what one does with their gift (or other blessing) that makes someone special. In other words, in his mind the mundanes are equal to magi in most respects.

In Iolars case it is more seperate but equal , she is very proud of her magic and gift and has no real sense about how most mundanes react she was brought up in a very isolated covenant and bases how things work off that experience which makes her prone to underestiamte the social problems of the gift and very proud of her magical abilities

Very funny: This is almost exactly with's opinion :open_mouth:
Then, it's probably clara's influence on him :laughing:

Aelianus thinks that magi have the gift of the gods and that the mundane’s are there so serve them. In a way that a donkey serves his master, it might be a good donkey but still a donkey. He however have a practical side that stops him from doing something stupid.

As soon as Aelianus discovers that the mundane is under the effect of a spell he repeats his casting this time he cast a slightly different spell that will give him details of the casters sigil etc.

[color=blue]OOC: In 7 + Vi 6 + Aura 6 + 3 props + 2 gestures and voice + 3 cyclic magic + 2 Artes liberates + 3 philosophiae +1 stamina; total 33+ 7 from dice (invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2076344/) ; level 20. Base 15 +1 touch +0 momentary duration) The spell will detect any magical residues of +2 magnitude or more but will give details as stated in the Guernicus chapter in HoH:TL p.??.

OOC: I do not think you have the juice for this. In HoH:TL pg 75, this is a lvl 30 spell. To get details of the cast spell is +3 magnitudes.

OOC - none of us knows he is under the effect of a Hermetic spell until Aelianus informs us. But anyway, that turns this into a wholly different ballgame :angry:

[color=blue]I can see where this is headed... Interesting idea :smiley:

It looks like you are right Jebrick

That is why I made that Aelianus just detects spells of +2 magnitudes or stronger. Guess I did not modify the base level... The spell stat should be Level 20 (Base 4 +1 touch +3 magnitudes for detalis.) As that is not even a full magnitude of casting I assume that Aelianus detects details of traces of magnitudes of +2. Either way if Aelianus is unable to tell anything. He tells Diodorus to being word to his soldaes as he cast the second spell.

Once Roberto learns that Sir Richard is under the effects of a Hermetic spell, he is going to want to speak with him. But he will wait untill Aelianus is done. He will speak to his gathered sodales though.
[color=red]We must proceed cautiously, but time is of the essence. While we wait for Iolar to return, I will round up a band of stalwart seamen and pick out our fastest ship. And we need a map because I have no idea where we are going. :smiley:

You can tell he is under a Mentium spell but the Sigil is obscured. Either you do not have the experience to tell or it is being masked.

Aelainus awaits that Diodorus gathers the other magi then he invites them to his studio. The studio contains a area where at least some of the magi can sit down. He speaks to all of his soldaes when they are assembled. [color=red]Soldaes I have concluded this from examining the mundane. He is the target of hermetic magic, he is under the influence of mentem magic but I cannot unfortunately determine the sigil of the caster… Aelianus pause for a moment.[color=red] Perhaps we could contact Florum to get a further investigation but I am not sure. A quesiatoris could give us more information but then again do we even if we could bring outside forces to meddle in our affairs. Diodorus sleeps in Aelianus lap exhausted from the gathering of magi.

Jebrick,
If I understand correctly, we will be needing to take a sea voyage accoss the channel. Who amongst the former pirates is avalable? Specifically I am seeking out Johan VanHalen and Fred Fischer.
Any sign of Reginald?