Character Creation for callen (OOC)

Took a bit of tinkering and consideration, mostly to make sure I make a mage who can do anything other than make great honey and mead. I had to remind myself how to do things with an item maker, too. I think I've settled on things now. I had to make some little adjustments, but not that big. Mostly I won't end up doing lots of air control. I'll post later.

I've made those little adjustments below rather than going above to edit things. Hopefully that's easier. I feel like "symmetry" for a casting sigil could be fun and fit well with a methodical, scholarly character. I made the spell adjustments from above; for the two not above, they're pretty straightforward and I've made notes attached to them below.

Age 31

Int +3, Per +1, Str -2, Sta +2, Pre +1, Com +1, Dex +1, Qik -2

Personality Traits: Ambitious +5, Hedonistic +3, Methodical +2

Affinity with Magic Theory [1]
Affinity with Philosophiae [1]
Baccalaureus: Salerno [1]
Book Learner [1]
Cautious with Philosophiae [1]
Cautious with Concentration [1]
The Gift [free]
Hermetic Maga [free]
Mystical Choreography [1]
Puissant Magic Theory [1]
Skilled Parens [1]
Unaging [1]
Verditius Magic [free]

Ambitious [-3]
Bound Casting Tools [-1]
Covenant Upbringing: Domus Pacis [-1]
Hermetic Patron: Constantius of Mercere [-1]
Magic Addiction [-3]
Unimaginative Learner [-1]

Area Lore: Levant Tribunal 1 (Domus Pacis) [5]
Area Lore: Roman Tribunal 1 (Verdi) [5]
Artes Liberales 2 (Ceremonial Casting; Greek, Latin) [15]
Athletics 1 (Dancing) [5]
Awareness 1 (Alertness) [5]
Bargain 1 (Magic) [5]
Brawl 1 (Dodging) [5]
Charm 1 (Debate) [5]
Concentration 1 (5) (Spells) [10]
Craft: Blacksmith 1 (Craft Magic) [5]
Craft: Glassblower 1 (Craft Magic) [5]
Craft: Jeweler 3 (Verditius Magic) [30]
Craft: Meadmaker 1 (Craft Magic) [5]
Craft: Woodworker 3 (Verditius Magic) [30]
Etiquette 1 (Hermetic) [5]
Finesse 1 (Items) [5]
Folk Ken 1 (Debate) [5]
Guile 1 (Debate) [5]
Intrigue 1 (Debate) [5]
Language: Arabic 5 (Levantine) [75-75=0]
Language: Classical Greek 3 (Reading) [30]
Language: Latin 5 (Hermetic) [75]
Leadership 2 (Laboratory) [15]
Magic Theory 6+2 (Items) [105/1.5=70]
Medicine 1 (Physician) [5]
Organization Lore: House Verditius 1 (Initiating Others) [5]
Organization Lore: Order of Hermes 1 (Certamen) [5]
Parma Magica 1 (Certamen) [5]
Penetration 1 (Certamen) [5]
Philosophiae 1 (Experimental Philosophy) [5]
Profession: Beekeeper 1 (Using Magic) [5]
Profession: Scribe 1 (Latin) [5]
Stealth 1 (Natural Areas) [5]
Swim 1 (Underwater) [5]

Intellego 6 [21]
Muto 3 [6]
Rego 11 [66]
Animal 5 [15]
Terram 3 [6]
Vim 10 [55]

Casting Sigil: Symmetry
Certamen School: Hoplomachus

Sense of the Beast (InAn 25)
. . . (Base 15 to read the common sense of an animal and thus thus perceive whatever the target is perceiving as per InMe in A&A p.33 at R: Touch for D: Concentration.)
Breathe Life into the Art (MuTe(An) 20), Mastery 1: Ceremonial Casting [5]
Object of Minuscule Proportions (MuTe 20)
Sorcerer's Sudden Ceremonial Space (Re(Mu)Te 15)
Unraveling the Threads of Vim (PeVi 20), Mastery 1: Stalwart Casting [5]
Master of Enchantments (ReVi 5), Mastery 1: Still Casting [5]
Opening the Intangible Doorway (ReVi 10)
. . . (Opening the Intangible Tunnel at R: Touch.)
Sustaining the Demanding Spell (ReVi 35), Mastery 2: Imperturbable Casting, Stalwart Casting [15]

1 Like

I am debating if I should not have dropped Puissant Finesse. If we're letting Rego craft magic be limited in Excellent quality by Finesse, Finesse becomes drastically more important to what I'm trying to do, and so dropping Puissant Finesse would be problematic.

I'm going to update the apprenticeship part of Hannah's history. Mostly this is now that I have a firm starting date, but also to change her parens' name to match ToH:Rome. She started her apprenticeship immediately after the 1180 Verditius Contest, and the contests are 18 years apart. So what I wrote above fits very well into that timing. I'm just adding notes about what her parens was working on and stuff like that. Nothing that involves any mechanical changes.

Ugh! 5-post limit again. So I'm appending what I wrote for the first season:

End of Apprenticeship (spring 1195)

Being one of the few to swear the Oath of Hermes at a Grand Tribunal was an honor not lost on Hannah. She enjoyed her status and freedom and got to know as many magi as possible, including re-introducing herself to representatives from Domus Pacis, having last been seen by them as an apparently unGifted young woman heading to Salerno. She sent word with them to her parents. On top of the general socializing, Hannah was able to reunite with Constantius, who she had not seen in several years, resulting in one more week of passion, but with no chance of another conception now that Constantius was under the effects of his Longevity Ritual.

An obvious goal of Hannah's, as it was a goal of nearly all the new apprentices, was to find a new home. It was also an opportunity for a Verditius to speak with others about potential work. Hannah set to work on both, especially because she was not there representing any Tribunal. She had more success on job offers than on finding a covenant; perhaps due to a touch of favoritism on top of need, Camelus of Jerbiton, a magus from Domus Pacis, needed someone to open a ring with a ruby set in it, and Hannah could already manage that. The covenant with available space for Hannah was Coenobium, which suited her quite well both as a location and to be close to Elena, but it was only available for her as a guest. Fortunately, Hannah would not be kicked out of Verdi, so she had a place to work immediately. Her work on the ring would provide her the vis needed as a "gift" when arriving at Coenobium; so she made the arrangements with Coenobium to arrive there the following season and arrangements with the Redcaps to announce her presence in the Provençal Tribunal. She also made plans with Constantius for transportation to Coenobium, that much easier by using the Mercere Portal from Verdi to Harco.

One Last Season at Verdi (summer 1195, 1st season after apprenticeship)

Hannah returned to Verdi with purpose. She was intent to get to work on Camelus's ring right away. The process wasn't so taxing, though it was near the limit of what she could manage. She produced a good quality brass ring, with a ruby surrounded by small bits of basalt and marble, as requested.

Aside from work, Hannah spent some time familiarizing herself with Verdi as a maga rather than as an apprentice. She happily spoke to many of the grogs in Arabic, perhaps the last time she would speak Arabic for quite a while. She became accustomed with a few Verditius procedures she would now need to know as a maga, as well.

Mechanical bits:

Craft: Jeweler 3 (Verditius Magic) manages 4 pawns, and Magic Theory 6+2 (Items) provides for the additional 16 pawns needed for a precious gem.

Exposure: Magic Theory +3

She gets paid 7 pawns, based on our formula rather than the ridiculous 40 pawns suggested.

2 Likes

Haven't had time to review everything yet...

Departing for Coenobium (autumn 1195, 2nd season after apprenticeship)

Having finished the ring for Camelus, Hannah wasted little time getting it send via the Redcap network, her wages received from the Redcaps when she turned over the ring. This wasn't bad: she could earn more vis making items like this than she could extra from an aura, it was more interesting work, and there was no risk of damaging the aura. However, she could be doing more interesting things and making a better name for herself if she were doing more than just opening compound items. Off to Coenobium to get started on her own path.

The first part of the journey was both the longest distance and by far the easiest: a Mercere Portal from Verdi to Harco. Hannah spent a few days at Harco reconnecting with Constantius and getting updates on their children. While at Harco she asked the Redcaps to commission several books to start her own collection: Ars grammatica - Ars minor by Donatus, though she would have preferred Euclid if she could be sure of getting it in the original Greek; Physics and On the Soul by Aristotle, happily available in Greek; and Scito the Ipsum by Peter Abelard - nothing wrong with Latin so long as it was the original language. She gave the Redcaps 3 pawns to cover this, more than double the cost of the books to cover the Redcaps' effort. And before departing she prepared a few simple effects to travel in more comfort, protecting herself from weather and insects.

It turned out Zephyrinus would be her guide, having arranged to swing through Harco on his way south before heading west. The plan was to travel along the trade route to Lyon and then to take the Rhone south, getting off in Avignon, with Hannah speaking to mundanes as little as possible.

Along the way Hannah kept Zephyrinus protected by her Parma Magica. This was actually the first time she ever practiced sharing her Parma Magica, and it certainly made conversation with Zephyrinus easier. Mostly she followed him along dutifully, half a step behind and off to his side. She kept to herself that she was amused that his thick mop of wavy, brown hair protruding out from under his red cap looked like a red mountain peak surrounded by storm clouds. She listed to his stories along the route, learning bits about the Provençal Tribunal as they went. At night they shared stories over a fire and kept each other happy and warm together beneath their blankets.

One evening about halfway along the route they were set upon by several bandits. Zephyrinus proved quite capable with his quarterstaff, but he was outnumbered. In her zeal to help Hannah cast a ReHe spell but lost control of it, sending her into a very short Twilight experience which she was able to understand. Happily this provided a distraction for Zephyrinus to slay one bandit, improving his odds. When Hannah returned she put one to sleep with a ReMe effect, while Zephyrinus killed another. This broke the morale of the remaining three, who fled. Zephyrinus was able to interrogate the remaining bandit after he awoke to find out about the three who had fled. Hannah and the Redcap agreed to head off course to deal with those others. After a two weeks of tracking and chasing, they found the remaining three threatening a farmwife and her two daughters in their house while the men and boys were away in the fields. There was no way Hannah was going to let the men do anything to the woman and girls, and Zephyrinus was intent on teaching them a lesson. With preparation on their side this time Hannah was able to displace Zephyrinus's image, making the fight truly one-sided. After having subdued them all Zephyrinus tied them up to face justice when the farmers returned. It took a little more time to return to their route, but afterward the journey was much smoother.

After arriving in Lyon the journey became much simpler. They spent a few days there, restocking for the remainder of the trip and hiring a barge to carry them south along with its load. With the couple stops the barge had to make it took two more weeks to reach Avignon and the protection of Coenobium.

When they arrived Hannah offered the customary "gift" of a pawn of vis the covenant required to become a "permanent guest." Due to Hannah being Elena's mother and, more importantly, having a close connection with Constantius of Mercere, Alazais of Mercere was selected to be her patron rather than a Jerbiton from the consuls, as would be more common. In the few weeks of remaining autumn Hannah was able to settle in, get to know some of the magi, and wait for Elena's return with her parens.

Mechanical bits:

Adventure: Area Lore: Provençal +1, Concentration +2, Parma Magica +2

Twilight: Rego +6, 3 Warping Points, Twilight Scar: scent of a Commiphora tree

7 pawns Vim - 3 pawns Vim for books - 1 pawn Vim for Coenobium = 3 pawns Vim.

Settling in at Coenobium (winter 1195, 3rd season after apprenticeship)

Hannah was happy to be off the road before the true winter's cold had settled in. Coenobium proved to be a very comfortable home, even if she had gotten used to the comforts of Verdi with all its magical items.

More importantly, she was able to spend some time with Elena. Despite their time apart for their last two years, they were still close. They didn't have a lot of time between Elena's duties as an apprentice Redcap, though. But Elena was still young enough that Hannah still thought of her as her little daughter, despite trying to get used to Elena starting to become a young woman of her own right.

In the meantime Hannah proposed a magical item for Coenobium that should reduce their costs, especially for an urban covenant: a box that would produce unlimited firewood. Hannah needed a little time in the books before she would be able to produce the item efficiently. So she was shown the covenant's roots in Creo and Herbam, and Hannah chose to start with the Creo book.

The book occupied the majority of her time, and her doting on Elena used up most of the rest. But with Hannah's familiarity with Mercere habits through Constantius and the great number of Redcaps here, she found plenty of new friends as well as some to keep her bed warm.

Mechanical bits:

Books: New Beginnings (L6Q18 Creo summa) - Creo +21

1 Like

Everything looks good so far. Am I correct in assuming that the pawns of vis she has are Vim?

It won't matter much, but I should specify. I'll make them all Vim and edit above. I should also name the book.

Speaking of books, I was rolling for the low-level summas, which I should name. I realized I should look around at other threads for books other people might have used. For example, I was considering a little more Creo, and I saw another player had been reading a Creo summa. It's more likely there are several copies of one solid Creo summa (especially at a covenant dominated by Jerbiton and a book written by a Jerbiton) than there are several nearly identical books.

1 Like

Reboot!... (I'm more like a computer with a magnetic hard drive rather than solid state, though.)

I am trying to keep many of the bits similar, while altering some of the storyline to fit a Witch of Thessaly rather than a Verditius.

Background

Childhood

Havva was born to Alexandros and Meryem. Alexandros was a Byzantine soldier who had taken Meryem hostage on a raid into the Sultanate of Rum. When Alexandros headed toward the Holy Land he took the pregnant Meryem with him. Alexandros was disappointed in Havva's birth, clearly hoping for a strong son rather than a tiny daughter. This did mean he wasn't insistent on a name and let Meryem name the baby.

As Havva grew she quickly learned her position in their small family. To her father she was the disappointment to be tolerated while waiting on a son, to be met with a heavy hand for the smallest reason just like her mother. To her mother Havva was the one significant part of Rum remaining in her lift, and so she was doted upon. Even though her father forbade Seljuk from being spoken, Meryem passed on some Arabic, being more acceptable as one of the local languages.

After several years in the holy lands Alexandros was slain in battle, leaving Meryem and her child far from Seljuk lands with very little. Meryem did what she could to start leading them north, doing what she could to provide enough food and water. Eventually she ran into the wrong sort and was mugged, losing everything rather than earning a meal. Beaten to near the end of her life, Meryem returned to where she'd hidden Havva and did her best to lead the girl to safety. Soon she found a seemingly well-to-do caravan of camels, horses, and asses. With her dying breaths Meryem begged them to take her 7-year-old daughter, promising she would grow to be a good servant.

That would be the first of two major turning points in the young Havva's life, as she had just gone from hoping to eat while traveling far on foot to becoming the youngest grog at Venti Rosa. As Havva could already speak Greek and Arabic, she was taught about the lands around, how to behave, and how to speak Latin. She soon became a favorite servant girl, dutifully running the little errands and seeing to the little chores she was entrusted with. Secretly she swore to herself she would never fall victim to men the way her mother had; that was the drive behind her becoming such a popular servant. Even better if she could have been trained as a Redcap of if she had the Gift like Simon, like the apprentice Timothy he picked up when Havva was 10. Timothy was the same age as Havva, and the two became close like a sister and a really odd brother. The "family's" Mercurian religion, kept secret from those outside the caravan, also bonded Havva to Venti Rosa. This continued for several more years, Havva getting to see a number of different covenants and becoming accustomed to the Order of Hermes far more than life outside of it.

And then Havva's Gift emerged when she was 15, her next great turning point. Simon, being the only Gifted member of Venti Rosa and already having an apprentice, could not train her. Besides which, she was not from a Mercere bloodline. Despite the problems, Havva was overjoyed with the outcome even before she was treated as a golden child. No longer would she just need to protect herself; now the world would lay gifts at her feet and tremble in fear of her wrath. Simon had not yet taken his Longevity Ritual, though, and still hoped he might sire Gifted children. Seeing his opportunity he started seducing Havva. It wasn't so lopsided as the power difference might have made it, as Simon treated Havva extraordinarily well, was honest with her, and sought out a Hermetic parens for her. Over her remaining time at Venti Rosa, Havva grew closer to Timothy while the Redcaps taught her about Europe.

Soon Simon delivered the pregnant Havva to Olympia ex Miscellanea along with a nanny for a small finder's fee for Venti Rosa. While Olympia wasn't thrilled receiving a pregnant apprentice, the promises that the girl could be taught well, that the girl was already old enough to help in the lab, and that she could already speak Greek, Arabic, and Latin more than shifted the balance.

Apprenticeship

Olympia ex Miscellanea was a Witch of Thessaly who had recently moved to the Levant Tribunal to learn more about the summoning done by the locals. She had secretly caught an unGifted Sahir and kept him hidden, holding him using ReMe magic. While she herself could not be taught, she was able to force him to teach Havva some magic after Havva' Gift had been opened. Once Havva was sufficiently trained for Olympia to study, she was done with the Sahir. Olympia erased years of memories of imprisonment from the Sahir before slaying him, just to make sure that any ghost he might become would not remember her. Then she alternated training Hannah in Hermetic magic, focusing on Rego and Vim for Summoning, and examining what Havva could manage with her non-Hermetic magic. During her time as an apprentice Havva discovered several things about herself: she learns well from others and when in influential surrounds, but not so well on her own; her training with summoning circles has translated over into a facility with Hermetic magic; and she seems particularly resilient despite her small size.

While Olympia wasn't thrilled with Simon's regular visits with Havva when their caravan was near, Simon provided a nanny and Olympia was able to milk those visits to get some favorable Mercere services. At 16, in the first year of her apprenticeship, Hannah gave birth to Bernardo. At 18 she gave birth to Elena, and at 21 she gave birth to Rolando. None of them seemed to be Gifted, but Simon did not wish to delay his Longevity Ritual any longer. Hannah doted on her children in the time she was able to provide them, and as each became old enough Simon took them to Venti Rosa or sent them on to Harco to be trained as Redcaps.

At the age of 30 Havva finally reached her gauntlet: a trap she needed to escape with a treasure hunt at its end. This forced her to balance the necessary spell casting against the pain it inflicted. This included unlocking doors, traversing a long underwater passage, and flying. In the end she had to summon a ghost from a bone to discover the location of the bauble she sought. While hampered by pain as expected, she was able to take advantage of her other aptitudes and complete the task satisfactorily. After her gauntlet she kept roughly the same name, but Latinized to fit better in the Order and in Europe; she is now known as Eva ex Miscellanea.

Characters

Simon of Mercere: The now middle-aged Mercere in the Cult of Heroes, residing in the lands of David and Samson, who brought Hannah to Olympia. He is rather sociable for a non-gently-Gifted, mostly-lab rat. He fathered three children with her. He takes interest in and tries to look after the mother of his children.

Timothy of Mercere: A Gifted Mercere, also in the Cult of Heroes like his parens Simon. While the same age as Eva, he started his apprenticeship five years earlier than she did, so he has been a magus five years longer than she has. They see each other roughly as step-brother and step-sister.

Olympia ex Miscellanea: Hannah's parens, who returned to Erebos in the Theban Tribunal after Hannah's apprenticeship. She is a wiry, haunched woman showing signs of aging. That either means she isn't aging well for some reason or she is truly is quite old.

Bernardo: Hannah's first-born son. He is nearing his gauntlet as a Redcap in the Levant at Venti Rosa, where his early languages are proving useful. He has grown into a big, bold, young man.

Elena: Hannah's daughter and middle child, and the one she bonded most closely with. Elena is a good way through her apprenticeship as a Redcap in Provencal by way of Harco. She has grown into a confident and inquisitive young woman.

Rolando: Hannah's youngest child. He started his apprenticeship as a Redcap just before Hannah passed her gauntlet and had any say, so he started a bit young but is well through his apprenticeship in Stonehenge now by way of Harco. He is noticeably smaller and less social than his older brother, but he is clever.

Witch of Thessaly

Age 30

Int +3, Per +1, Str -2, Sta +2, Per +2, Com +2, Dex 0, Qui -3

Personality Traits: Ambitious +5 or +6 (still deciding), Methodical +3

Affinity with Vim [free]
Apt Student [1]
Cautious with Concentration [1]
Cautious with Philosophiae [1]
Greater Magical Defenses [1]
Solomonic Alchemy [3]
Solomonic Storytelling [3]
Summoning [free]

Ambitious [-3]
Covenant Upbringing: Venti Rosa [-1]
Difficult Spontaneous Magic [-1]
Hermetic Patron [-1]
Painful Magic [free]
Study Requirement [-3]
Unimaginative Learner [-1]

Area Lore: Europe 2 (Solomonic Storytelling) [15]
Area Lore: Levant 2 (Solomonic Storytelling) [15]
Artes Liberales 1 (Alphabets; Alphabets: Greek, Latin) [5]
Athletics 1 (Dance) [5]
Awareness 1 (Alertness) [5]
Bargain 1 (Magic) [5]
Charm 1 (Debate) [5]
Concentration 2 (Spells) [15]
Folk Ken 1 (Debate) [5]
Guile 1 (Debate) [5]
Etiquette 1 (Hermetic) [5]
Finesse 1 (Certamen) [5]
Intrigue 1 (Debate) [5]
Language: Arabic 4 (Classical) [50]
Language: Byzantine Greek 5 (koine) [75-75=0]
Language: Latin 4 (Hermetic) [50]
Leadership 1 (Debate) [5]
Magic Lore 1 (Objects of Virtue) [5]
Magic Theory 3 (Spells) [30]
Organization Lore: Order of Hermes 1 (Certamen) [5]
Parma Magica 1 (Certamen) [5]
Penetration 1 (Certamen) [5]
Philosophiae 2 (Solomonic Alchemy) [15]
Profession: Scribe 1 (Latin) [5]

Creo 1 [1]
Intellego 1 [1]
Muto 1 [1]
Perdo 1 [1]
Rego 9 [45]
Corpus 1 [1]
Vim 12 [78/1.5=52]

Solomonic Alchemy 6 [21]
Solomonic Storytelling 6 [21]
Summoning 1 [1]

Mercury's Winged Sandals (ReCo 20)
Repulse the Unwanted Attention (ReCo 20), Mastery 1: Ceremonial Casting
Aura of Rightful Authority @ Concentration (ReMe 15), Mastery 2: Quiet Casting x2
Unraveling the Threads of Vim (PeVi 15)
Suppressing the Wizard's Handiwork (ReVi 20)
Sustaining the Demanding Spell (ReVi 30)

You switch from Havva to Hannah when she starts apprenticeship. Is it just a matter of notation in her native language?

I'll have to read on solomonic magic... tCatC, right?

It was me fighting auto-correct and fixing some of them, while having forgotten to go through the others. My computer doesn't like odd proper names until they've been used a few times, as it's currently set. If I don't catch it early, I end up with a few one way and then eventually switch over - I didn't write in chronological order. Hopefully I've fixed it, but I probably missed some.

The switch to Eva from Havva at the end of apprenticeship is intentional and noted, though.

1 Like

Yes.

Can you make it more complicated for us? :stuck_out_tongue:

Drawing from 3 different magic systems in the same character (Hermetic Magic, Summoning from RoP:I, Solomonic from tCatC). What a mess! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Summoning is really pretty much part of Solomnic. Just a bit more general version of Sihr.

Though there's a question in my mind whether the same mechanics work. I think they probably should, but Summoning is described in way less detail than Sihr is.

So long as we have at least 2 players (Beta SGs) who are interested in running stories for the character, I don't have a problem with that.

I can do something else. That is why I asked about it in the other thread. I don't want it to be a big problem.

Yup. And tC&tC does say it and many other summoning variants work with Solomonic stuff.

Like I wrote, it really is about whether the others want to run stories for her. It will just take me a while to get a handle on what she can do.

It does seem to me, though, that she is a very poor Witch, with the main art of her tradition only at 1. If her mater didn't really want to pass on her tradition, why train her at all in it?

Just milking her apprentice for knowledge of a different tradition... well that sounds really sick to me. Almost like parents selling their own child into slavery for profit. :nauseated_face:

Call in the Quaesitors! :imp:

That's because Summoning alters Hermetic magic or vice versa so you use ReVi. It behaves much more like a Virtue that grants new guidelines or similar to ReVi.

Well, I was going for a rather wicked parens, between that and her killing her prisoner after erasing his memory in case of a ghost.

But I understand the worries about the complexity. It let me do the face alongside alchemy very well, but I have some other ideas, too. The Verditius was just becoming cumbersome. I think that's why I've always moved away from them before.

I don't really want to play something unless people are more satisfied than with this one. So I went back to the drawing board last night. I'm working on a Trianoma mage who's more interested in the Order's peace with the mundanes than with the internal peace, keeping mostly to the core book. I think I'm getting it to come together. I've abandoned alchemy to do it; maybe I'll do alchemy with a companion instead?

I am working on a Minor Magical Focus. I don't love the wording of this, but roughly what I'm looking at is "permanently altering minds." For spells this could only apply to Creo or Perdo due to the permanent part. For Creo it could only apply to Momentary Rituals, and only those that create something permanent (e.g. a Ritual to create hatred may be Momentary, but that hatred can fade naturally, so it wouldn't apply). Meanwhile, with Perdo most Perdo stuff with minds is similarly temporary, even when Momentary (e.g. quelling an emotion doesn't prevent the emotion from arising again, so it wouldn't apply. This would seem to apply to the following give things: creating real memories, improving Characteristics of minds, healing minds (not sure this is a thing, though), destroying minds, and destroying memories. It would cross over some with Animal to do the same things. Outside of spells, it should apply to what was done to the Hruls (Calebais), though probably not one's own Familiar (little uncertain here since there is permanent mental alteration even when doing seasonal work). Does that seem clearly focused enough and discrete enough to understand well? Does it seem reasonable?