Design and discussion of Flam

my original calculation was apparently off (I believe I calculated 15' base size as 15 paces)
+5 is 370 feet in every direction+6 size is 796 feet in every direction, +7 is 1717' in every direction

Right. I'll think about that one. It is tempting to use the remaining BP just to boost the chart as far as it goes :slight_smile:

Jet of searing pain can only be used once/day as written

Beyond the reach of the sea: as written this is range touch, and I'm not sure if you are trying to create a ward with an extra level of magnitude (in which case the ward needs to be drawn) or add range or how this calculation was derived for this effect...

You could do that, but you also have some math issues- I'm getting 973 levels of effects where you have 980...

I am not surprised. I always knew I had to double check at the end.

Please review the three grogs for FlƄm too.

I think Illugi's lab is ready for review. Spent 88 Bp, detailed the one item I created for it the other item I "stole" from Balder's lab. Still working out Illugi's post-gauntlet period but by the end he will have spent 3 seasons to get the lab to Refinement 3.

Note, it does say "draft" at the top but I think it's in its complete form.

Hmm. You even stole the British vulgar spelling.

Which word? Balder?

organised

@silveroak is it possible to have a lab with a gateway to the Faerie Realm and/or in a faerie regio, or does that rely on there being a covenant boon?

that could be done with a covenant boon at design or by finding a faerie that can establish such a regio (or finding a way to establish such a gateway) in game...
for example a character with the grant ability can create a faerie regio..

Did we ever determine which founder/parens are dead/missing/whatnot?

No.
What destiny do you fancy for yours?
I kind of like the thought that Balder's returned to the Rhine to teach and write books, but I have no problem with his being twilit, dead, or lost.

Illugiā€™s story flaw is plagued by demon and my fetal thinking about that is during his apprenticeship they went to recruit based on rumors and discovered a goetic or other infernal practitioner(s) and the demon was really angry about us ruining its plans by killing them. So, perhaps after a while the demon found a way to engineer Illugiā€™s parensā€™ death then it moved on to Illugi.

Good. Illugi's is dead.
@Majordododo, what did you have in mind for Alva's parens? Missing?
If Alva's is not the missing founder, then Balder's is.

Made me laugh.

We will need to edit the Flam historical timeline. Illugi will be 15 years from Gauntlet.

Isn't that consistent with the timeline?

It can use some additional detail though.

"1195. The first apprentice passes his Gauntlet."
1187/8, I think would be correct.