Escape from the City of Brass

"So after all that we go for the find the fanciest place plan anyway?

[color=red]That is frustrating, but let us not be discouraged. And we are not just looking for a large and fancy building. There are plenty of those here, and what qualifies as the fanciest in our eyes may not e the same to the aesthetics of these genies. Just grab someone's attention and ask where the palace is.

Mmmm mm might ttthhhhat nn nn n not aa aa a arouse ssssssss ssss sssss suspiiiiiicions?

[color=red]Do you suspect that we have not already aroused suspicion by our mere presence? Besides, [size=10][strike]vampire girl[/strike][/size] Cecilio over there has an invitation. We are her entourage and thus special guests.

Still in his Arabian finery, and his charisma enhanced by a spell, Lucas finds a likely passer by. "Pardon me," he asks. "Can you tell me where I might find the palace of the Queen of Ice, Blood, and Sand?"

Eh? I dunno. Arcadia I suppose? But I do know she happens to be a guest of the Malik and is at the Brass Palace for a while. Just head up this street, turn right at Hakamed Street, about two miles down then turn right at Palatial Avenue. Can't miss it. But I'll tell you what, that broad is decadent and crazy. Me, I'm a silk merchant, and I just sold her a ton of cloth in a hundred different patters. She only needed a fraction of that, but she wanted many choices for her seamstress to design a single gown! Meh. More money for me. Made over a hundred fire infused gold-coins on that deal. She tried to pay me in mundane treasure, but I'm like "what use is that to me when I can just conjure all the material wealth I want?". She paid me that too though, a thousand marks of silver that I gave to a smith friend of mine to melt down and make art objects out of.

"A thousand thanks to you," Lucas says to the merchant with a bow. "And may your silks ever be the softest and most richly colored."

Then he moves back to the others. "Brass Palace," he says. "She's a guest of the Malik. Up this street, right at Hakamed Street - we have plenty of time to figure out where that is, as it's two miles down - right on Palatial Avenue, and it should be right there. If we get disoriented, we know to ask for the Brass Palace."

"The merchant also spoke of her decadence and wealth. Apparently she's willing to drop a hundred vis for a the fabric for a single dress. That speaks of incredible power to me."

"Yeah, that sounds just like her. Did I mention she gave me everlasting youth as a gift for succeeding my Gauntlet? Not everlasting life, but giving something like that with a kiss on the forehead isn't something you do if you're weak.

[color=red]Well, we have directions now. Let us start heading up that way. Keep an eye out for a tavern or something. I am hungry and I want to be able to brag that I ate a meal at a cafe in the City of Brass.

Solomon nods, "Right, to the Brass Palace it is," he says as he begins limping in that direction.

Lucas falls into line and follows along.

"See that wasn't that hard." Cecilio says following to the palace.

Bernat returns to wary and watchful mode, but stops short of flitting between shadows because they're trying to look like they belong.

A while after you turn the corner...
pfzzzt
That didn't take long. And...
Aw shucks. They left. Got to do something about that bottle. Convince the next guy to thow it in the ocean. If only I could lie.
Oh well.
Magic Scroll! You buy? You buy! Magic Scroll!

The expedition proceeds through the streets of the magic city, an awkward parade of thirty or so amazed by the wonders about.
Magic and wealth everywhere!
A silver fountain with the sweetest smelling water accross the street from a bronze fountain of liquid fire.
A grove of fruit trees lines a boulevard, and they hand oranges to passers by as requested.
An Oliphant wearing robes and smoking a pipe walks down the lane on hind legs, talking to a giant walking bird.
Ornate elaborate towers of brass and gold and copper, spires and open air widows and balconies and no doors. The few steel and sliver buildings have doors.
Jinn walking or flying about, ranging from miniature to gigantic.
Delivery carriges drawn by complaining lions carrying silks in seventy colors.
A fight at a tavern down one block, fire balls and lightning bolts. Someone shouts that city guard is needed at Oem's Tavern to stop a fight (that is how you know). The shout was a booming voice from the sky! And it worked. A dozen 'Afrit guards some flying down.
Hawkers and magical signs advertising business. Merchants, Money Changers, Seers, Apothecary, Dice Games, Taverns, Belly Dancers, Asidious Idolatry Theaters, Jewelery, Potions for sale, Prostitutes, Lotus, Lotus Powder, Soul Vendor, Ars Dealer, Starbucks, Opium Den, Hookah Bar, Pasteries, Soothsayer, Artists Studio for Rent, Help Wanted - Literate Translator, Trips for Sale, Museum of Mythic Anachronisms, Farmer's Market, and blahblahblah blah blahblah
ahem
So you can bite the hook on any of that...
or...
BAM
The palace is down the street before you. It is massive and magnificent. Indeed the biggest fanciest of all buildings. But noy as tall. Not a tower. It is brass, but there are gates and doors.
You see people go in and out with fancy entourages, passing guards and checking at gates as they go.

Dare you think it is that easy?
:smiling_imp:

Cecilio will drink from the fountain and fill any water skins she has, and take an orange after confirming its free. "So are we going to spend ten minutes before doing the obvious again?" Cecilio asks taking a bite of her orange.

Just to toss a little nag at you all, the road taken leads up alongside the palace. You will have to walk around the block to get to the front gate, So you do so, your entourage of thirty-something people manuvering. But you make one turn into a dead end. Turining around to go back around the other way, you are confronted by a gang of thugs. Magic thugs. A half-dozen ominous 'Afrit barring your way.
Well, well, well. What 'ave we 'ere? Looks like a group 'o mortal tourists got themselves lost.

"We're just passing through," Lucas says to the Afriti. "We don't want any trouble."

Charm: Stress Die + 2 (Charm) + 3 (Aura of Beguiling Appearance) - 3 (The Gift) = SD + 5
Charm: 1D10+5 = [2]+5 = 7
Okay, that roll could have been better.

Selim takes a step forward and offers a broad smile to the Afriti, "Yes, as my friend here said we are simply on our way to meet with someone at the Brass Palace. It appears we may have taken a wrong turn, which explains our haste, as we are expected there."

[hr][/hr]

At work and can't get to a dice roller and I can't remember what Aura of Ennobled Presence gives...

Dice Pool is: 3 (Pre) / or 2 (Com) + 5 (Guile [Fast Talk]) + 3 (Aura of Ennobled Presence [from Lucas]) + y (Die Roll) = 11+y or 10+x (+ Venus' Blessing if they are so inclined, and he is jinn-blooded if that helps)

Edit: Updated based on Trogdor's help

OOC: All the Aura of x spells are +3.