general ooc

Agreed to all of this. We should try, ooc, to make sure that each character can have something to contribute to the story.

Note that chasing after Felix is just one avenue of investigation, though. This might prove to be a wild goose chase that provides us with nothing in the end.

Hence my note about Animus consluting Daria, in case she might know something about the Order (or someone) with potential implications int our search for clues. If there are some clues partaining to OoH Lore, then a follow-up with Horst at Fenghled would probably be a good idea -- I am sure he is much more knowledgeable than all of our magi combined in this (and others) area of knowledge.

I agree to this plan as well.
We don't have that many leads to go after yet other than looking for Felix in the places we know he has been to. Harco seems to be the natural place to go looking as there is a possibility we can get an Arcane Connection to him there and then find him easier. Unless his friends there know exactly where he is and want to tell us after we have told them our story.
Splitting up is no problem as long as everyone gets involved in stories.

If Kareruren also agrees, then we should consult the senior magus of the covenant for advices and then split into two groups. For the snail group , in case we have to pay for Mercere portal to Harco, we have to each bring 4 pawns of vis each for the round trip so we have to get It somehow or we can simply take the road up to Harco If you can't manage but the round trip will probably take the whole season using a horse-drawn carriage...

I assume you ask a knowledgable grog who uses suitably old-fashioned was of expressing distance:
I (the sg) have no idea if Harco has an exact canonical location other than in the Piedmont, close to the Alpine passes. I assume it is near Domodossola. That means it's about 820 km or 170 hours of walking through France/Burgundy mostly. That's 3 weeks of walking (tired on arrival), or 2 weeks if you take a wagon and rest, one week if you change horses and stay on the cart 24/7 (day and night, tired on arrival). Durenmar is about half that distance away (about 400 km).

It's early January (winter).

Any threads you want me to open?
Harco?

PS: K. has not posted in a few days and given no indication of being absent. Let's not wait for him or her. S/He can join in if s/he's still around.

Let's go and meet Daria and Rémi to make our report and then depending on their advice you can make a new thread for the Harco expedition (I seems reasonable to take 2 weeks to take a wagon and rest but we can discuss this is said thread)

And while the others travel to Harco, Animus and Adele can do the round trip at various covenants of the Rhine to see where and when Felix last stopped. They could even agree to meet the others at Harco as they complete their round trip.

I'm thinking that their trip would be Triamore to Fengheld (2 days), to Oculus Septentrionalis (2 days) to Crintera (2 days), to Irencillia (3 days), to Durenmar (2 days), to Harco (3 days). That's about 2 weeks of travel also, although we could add in a few more days for the time it takes to talk to the people of those covenants. So Adele and Animus could meet the others in Harco -- either in time to participate in the action in Harco (if nothing was discovered by visiting all those other covenants), or right after the discussions in Harco (if they learn something useful and we want to roleplay that in a parallel thread).

But yes, let's first see if Daria and Remi can provide any more insights based on what we tell them.

im fine with this plan (sorry been under the weather the last few days)

I like the plan. But spending 4 p.v.f. per magus to travel to Harco sounds really, really expensive. Of course, I'm used to playing in relatively vis-poor games.

Indeed mundane transportation seems more reasonable.

Let's not mince days and assume that the second team can manage the itinary in the same amount of time as the Harco group. How does the fast group travel? Jump and Run??

Basically run and jump.

For the first stop, Adele can probably jump ahead directly to Fengheld, since she already has an arcane connection to that covenant. Meanwhile, Animus can run to Oculus Septentrionalis, carrying an arcane connection for Adele to jump to at specific time agreed upon beforehand (like the end of the day he's supposed to get there). After that, rinse and repeat for the additional covenants (Crintera, Irencillia, Durenmar and finally Harco).

EDIT: I was offering the possibility of later arrival time just in case there is in-character interaction to be made for the fast group. That way, if the players are involved in discussions, these can be done in parallel and save OOC time. I wouldn't want the whole troupe to have to wait until Adele and Animus are done talking to various people before resuming plaqy for everyone.

I figured they could travel together for safety, and pick up some arcane connections in case they need to backtrack some. Adele can spont a ReCo20 flight spell at D: Concentration, so base 15 for speed, with a little effort, which is OK given a preparation day.

I can see a few problems with that plan:

• The ReCo flight spell would be one magnitude slower than Animus' running speed, so their overall travelling speed would be cut to 1/3 his normal speed.
  • She only has a Concentration score of 1, so she can only maintain each casting for 15 minutes maximum. That means she will have to cast that spell hundreds of times over the 2 weeks of travelling. As a Fatiguing spontaneous spell, it is always stress, so she is bound to Botch a couple of times. Each botch means a point of Warping, at a minimum.(1)
  • To avoid drawing mundane attention when travelling for long distances, Animus uses his Personal Veil of Invisibility. Which would make difficult for Adele to follow him. And she would be left as the one drawing mundane attention when flying.

I think the plan I propose is faster and safer for both of them. But if Adele insists, they might try it her way at first. :wink:

(1) Although, after checking Adele's stats, I see that she has a spell that could allow her to maintain the flight spell for a moon at a time, so she might not have to cast the flight spell that often. Of course, if she does that too often she will end up accumulating Warping due to being under a constant effect. And she has no way to end the spell once it has started being maintained.

It could be a running spell instead. Either way, it's a base-15 ReCo effect.

As you added, that's not an issue. She can keep the spell going a lot longer than Animus can keep his going. She can keep it going for weeks. She only needs to cast it once before they leave, and that can be ceremonial. Warping isn't too big a deal. First, she can let it expire at the end of D: Moon (between two a four weeks). Second, she's addicted to magic and doesn't mind Warping. She doesn't want to enter Twilight regularly, but Warping itself doesn't worry her.

She's not as good at invisibility. She'd be better at doing that ReMe spell to go unnoticed listed in the Guernicas section of HoH:TL. Seeing Animus to follow him would be a bigger problem.

That would involve actuall running, wouldn't it? :wink:
Not something she looks particularly good at (Sta 0 and Athletics 1) when compared to Animus (Sta +1, Long-Winded virtue, Athletics 2 with a specialty in running).

Of course, he would slow down a bit to let her rest more often. But the trip would end up being quite exhausting for her, I think.

If you are referring to Aura of Inconsequence, that might work. Although it does mention that it only deflects casual attention away from the recipient of the spell. Running faster than the fastest horse might quality as "calling attention to herself". They might not be able to do anything about it, but Animus would rather avoid too many rumors about people running around that fast in Germany.

But like I said, we can try it her way. He won't like it, but he can follow her around even if she can't see him.

No, let's do it your way. Honestly, I was just looking at a more fun way to do it. If they were physically traveling together for more of the time, then they would have more time to interact and learn about each other.

However, it would have to work a little differently. Animus would have to give Adele an arcane connection for her to jump to him. He couldn't carry an arcane connection to her or someplace she is with him. That would be backwards vis-a-vis Adele using the arcane connection with a spell. He could give her an arcane connection to him that she returns each time she jumps to him, for example.

I was thinking they could meet up at the end of each day, if you want them to "travel together".

Before leaving, they could take a wooden rod that they cut in two pieces. The pieces would remain an arcane connection to each other for Months. At the end of each day (at sunset), Animus could stick his part of the rod into the ground at a safe place, outside of the Aegis if he arrived at a covenant, and stand aside so that Adele could jump to it without any risk of bumping into him (or having to penetrate his Parma). Then they can spend the evening discussing their findings so far (and getting to know each other).

That could be a good idea, though it would leave Adele sitting around in some random spot for a day, waiting for sunset. Of course, if they don't time it like that, he might arrive a day early or a day late and she would have no idea. So, yes, let's go with that approach.

Well, he'll try to time things so that she would spend the time in a town or city.

Something like:

• Triamore - (Wetzlar) - Fengheld
  • Fengheld - Oculus Septentrionalis
  • Oculus Septentrionalis - Crintera
  • Crintera - (Hamburg) - (Naumburg) - Irencillia
  • Irencillia - Durenmar
  • Durenmar - (Basel) - (Geneva) - Harco

I know of some of you where you were when Felix letter reached you (like Fengheld), but not for all. Since this is becoming relevant, I'll need to know those locations.