General Table Talk

I by no means said it was the safest path to take. Just the more interesting one. :smiley:

Okay, I was completely off in my understanding of the situation. That being said, I have a question about:

Why do we not set up labs in the level 6 aura?

We have top men looking into that right now.

Because the SG told us we can't :smiley:

I think the reason is that the location is not hospitable for a permanent setup or some such.

I remember seeing something about Andorra making casting tablets for a level 20(?) Aegis available to Sa Dragonera magi and thought the necessary vis was to be provided, but don't ask me where I saw that. I take it that's not the case?

There is just such a casting tablet listed among the covenant's magic items.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the forums really need a Like button.

I did not realize this. But she's probably been using it as a nursery all this time. ([color=blue]"Laboratory? What Laboratory? The nursery? That's a Laboratory? I thought it had an awful lot of changing tables.")

Or a home office. Someplace she can go to get away from Vulcanus for awhile. :smiley:

I'll have to think about what she's done with it...and track down the Andorra lab rules again to see what she has.

That would be a lab with bonuses to Mu, since a lot of changing happens there.

B'dum-tsh!

Both of those are valid reasons. But more so because the next layer is outside of your sanctum. Something like, you open the door with your right hand and you step out into the mundane world. Open the door with your left hand and you step out onto a magical plane of Sa Dragonera hundreds of miles away.
AND, the next layer could e a step down instead of up. Or maybe it isn't magic. Or it might be accursed. Or who knows?
What we do know is that, we have located a number of weak magic auras scattered throughout the islands. A small few have been investigated by top men, and these small few have turned out to be part of a Regio network. And these regios seem to react to magical activity. Set up a lab in one, and a Vestige of it appears on Sa Dragonera. The vestiges all line around a circle, say a diameter of thirty-three paces. all facing each other. The sky is always red and cloudy and scary with flashes of lightning and occasional sudden bone chilling gale force gusts of wind. Not in the circle though, it has an eerie calm like the eye of a storm.
At the center of the circle is a perfect cube 3 paces tall/wide/thick, made of some undetermined blue stone with a soft phosphorent glow. It can be tapped regularly for Vim vis with a simple Rego Vim spell. The top men sat there investigating the hell out of the stone and cannot figure it out. In the course of a Lunar Cycle, the stone builds a charge of 8 pawns of Vim, which is it's maximum capacity. With thirteen lunar cycles per year, the stone can potentially yield 104 pawns of vim if tapped regularly.
Approaching the regio from the outside, mundane Sa Dragonera is your average mountainous island with rough terrain, not so bad. There is a flat area where people may build a national park center someday in the distant future. This is where the regio is, and seeing into it one sees the circle of vestiges; a ship wrecked upon dry land, a lighthouse, a townhouse, a cottage, and stuff. And lots of sharp jagged rocks with razor like edges, and quicksand, and snakes.

That was a brainstorm, not solid truth :mrgreen:

Thanks for the precis. It really helps know what's going on (even if it is just "what we know" and not "the absolute truth").

Since Vocis's 'bag o' ACs' plan didn't pan out, here's questionable communication item idea #2...

A metal rod with a metal carving of a lyre (+3 to create sounds) mounted on one end. When triggered, the item creates words of the user's choice (requires Finesse roll) targeted at the head of a person to whom the user has an AC. This effect is a miniature, which means only the target can hear the words. The effect incorporates an Intelligo requisite to allow the item's user to hear any vocal sounds made by the target as well. The combined effect is vaguely similar (but not Similar) to Haunt of the Living Ghost, with only sound projected and sensed. (CrIm base 1, +4 AC, +1 Diam, +1 Part, +1 In requisite, +1 complexity, 6 uses/day +3 = level 28)

The intention of this item is to allow someone other than Vocis to contact members of the expeditionary force, both on a routine schedule and in emergencies. He'll also be enchanting an item that creates a loud wordless scream at AC range, which will be the expedition's means of notifying the covenant of emergencies. That effect is much simpler...CrIm base 1, +4 AC, +1 Conc, 6 uses/day +3 = level 13.

Ok Fixer, hit me. 8)

There's a spell, I can't recall where at the moment, but I'll look, that allows you to link two books so that what's written in one appears in the other. (I can't recall if it's one-way or two-way, but you could always make two books.) I can't recall if the spell costs vis or not.

There's a spell, I can't recall where at the moment, but I'll look, that allows you to link two books so that what's written in one appears in the other. (I can't recall if it's one-way or two-way, but you could always make two books.) I can't recall if the spell costs vis or not.

A comment about the TV show character "House", the name of a cranky doctor who walks with a cane. One comedy show was doing a parody of that and another medical show called "Bones". The Bones character said "Our show is written by women for women", and the House character responded "Our show is written by men for women who like abusive men".
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Having seen every episode of House and nearly every episode of Bones, I feel compelled to point out that Bones is actually a 'procedural', or detective show, in which the main character is a forensic pathologist who helps the FBI solve murders. The descriptions of the writing styles are spot-on, though. :slight_smile:

Arnau gains one Confidence point for Xavi's inspiring memories that will keep me laughing all night at work :smiley:

:mrgreen:
Doctor House never fails in his endeavours.
Unless it is Lupus.

Xavi